Robot Wars returning to BBC2!

Man of Honour
Hopefully the STEM aspect of it will give it extra educational value.

On the subject of STEM - I'd find it quite interesting if they did like with the celebrity special but as a longer challenge - taking groups of people who don't have the skills and background, etc. and pairing them up with some of the experienced builders and actually go through designing and building and finally fighting - maybe not with the sophistication of some of the current robots and probably with more off the shelf parts, etc. but still.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

On the subject of STEM - I'd find it quite interesting if they did like with the celebrity special but as a longer challenge - taking groups of people who don't have the skills and background, etc. and pairing them up with some of the experienced builders and actually go through designing and building and finally fighting - maybe not with the sophistication of some of the current robots and probably with more off the shelf parts, etc. but still.
If they filmed it over a year they'd be able to document most, if not all of the build process.

Caporegime
I both like and hate nuts. Rules need changing. They say they can move, but they essentially can't.
And they still need qauli get fights where unless you can injury an opponent you don't get on the series.

They injured multiple people? I actually think their robot was really clever, I have no idea how they made it so that it could spin and still move (although slowly) then of course it could move when it wasn't spinning as well. They had the most effective clusterbots as well.

Fog of War was an idea that never should have made it past the idiot that suggested it. Especially when it was happening multiple times in the 10 way. It just meant that nobody could see anything....which is pretty dumb for a spectator sport. Most drivers just seemed to sit around and wait for it to clear.

Man of Honour
Fog of War was an idea that never should have made it past the idiot that suggested it. Especially when it was happening multiple times in the 10 way. It just meant that nobody could see anything....which is pretty dumb for a spectator sport. Most drivers just seemed to sit around and wait for it to clear.

I kind of liked the idea of fog of war but the execution was lacking there was no real way to use it tactically except maybe as a brief respite if you were vulnerable.

Man of Honour
They injured multiple people? I actually think their robot was really clever, I have no idea how they made it so that it could spin and still move (although slowly) then of course it could move when it wasn't spinning as well. They had the most effective clusterbots as well.

It doesn't really move. They just sit there and wait for people to attack. Which although nice bending of rules, is pretty lame.

Caporegime
It doesn't really move. They just sit there and wait for people to attack. Which although nice bending of rules, is pretty lame.

Bending of what rules? :confused:

If you look at the heats it was moving quite a bit, I don't know if damages caused it to not to be able to move us much later on but it seemed less effective.

Soldato
Yeah fog of war definitely needs to be scrapped, it really added nothing to the show imo. Like I said earlier in the series, some more arena-based weaponry that can be activated by hitting the tyre would be better.

What was Carbide's news? I missed that bit at the end.

Associate
Like I said earlier in the series, some more arena-based weaponry that can be activated by hitting the tyre would be better.

What was Carbide's news? I missed that bit at the end.

personal i think they should remove all arena based weaponry from it, it should be player build bot v player build bot, and if they get to the next round it should be because they were the better bot not because of some random event

as for carbided , i just think a lot of people are building better bots able to withstand a beating, also people are developing better tactical driving to beat it

Soldato
personal i think they should remove all arena based weaponry from it, it should be player build bot v player build bot, and if they get to the next round it should be because they were the better bot not because of some random event

No way, what happened to behemoth was hilarious, the look on the guys face was a picture. I'm all for keeping them in. If anything the flames need to be turned up to 11.

Caporegime
not being able to maneuver your robot accurately is not 'random events' If Behemoth doesn't drive over the pit with the minibot going for the button then it doesn't happen. it's poor driving, not random. Similarly we've seen robots damaged by the flipper/house robots/flames etc when they've just not been able to control their movement.

Soldato
not being able to maneuver your robot accurately is not 'random events' If Behemoth doesn't drive over the pit with the minibot going for the button then it doesn't happen. it's poor driving, not random. Similarly we've seen robots damaged by the flipper/house robots/flames etc when they've just not been able to control their movement.

That's been so true of the floor flipper, most of the flips were down to poor driving and the people driving their own bots over it rather than being pushed or knocked onto it.

As far as the house robots go Matilda is the only one that actually does any significant damage now with her flywheel or flips. Bash, Shunt and Killalot can be ignored for the most part.

Soldato
No way, what happened to behemoth was hilarious, the look on the guys face was a picture. I'm all for keeping them in. If anything the flames need to be turned up to 11.
That guy was a right sore loser tho. When he lost a previous match he stormed off. Also considering he's been doing it for so long, his driving is pretty poor but that was hilarious I genuinely thought he was going to burst into tears.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

That guy was a right sore loser tho. When he lost a previous match he stormed off. Also considering he's been doing it for so long, his driving is pretty poor but that was hilarious I genuinely thought he was going to burst into tears.
I admit, I was looking forward to storm-off mark 2 :D

Caporegime
I like Behemoth as a robot, it's transitioned well from the first few series where it wasn't critical to have an active weapon. I love it's srimech design (I don't think I've ever seen a robot self right so many times in one battle as it did against Eruption. It seems to be incredibly efficient in how little CO2 it needs to operate)

Associate
That's been so true of the floor flipper, most of the flips were down to poor driving and the people driving their own bots over it rather than being pushed or knocked onto it.

As far as the house robots go Matilda is the only one that actually does any significant damage now with her flywheel or flips. Bash, Shunt and Killalot can be ignored for the most part.

Slightly unfair on Killalot. I think he could do plenty of damage but they don't allow the house robots to really do that. Agree that Shunt and Dead Metal's weapons seem largely ineffective.

Caporegime

He didn't storm off because he lost; he stormed off because he was annoyed with his teammates because they changed the weapon from the one they'd shown worked to another one over his objections.

I find the objections people have to the contestants caring about the competition odd. They put a huge amount of their time, money, and effort into these robots; it's only natural they care about the success of them.

Back
Top Bottom