ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO

Associate
Have you tried an all core overclock?
Not yet, just don't see the point at the moment, it looks like gaming gets maximum anyway. But looking at specific cores 2 of them always get maximum 4.375, so I doubt all core OC would go over 4.35. I think there are always some crappy cores on those cpu that block high OC. 6 of my cores have seen >4.6

Soldato
Just got some new RAM and an SSD, just waiting to find a place with a 3900X in stock now. I got 2* G.SKILL 3600C17D-16GTZR 16 GB (8 GB x 2) kits as it was much cheaper than a 2*16GB kit or a 4*8GB kit. I will probably run them @3200 if possible, not going to overclock the CPU.

Associate
Got a 3700X for my CH6.
Update to 7106 BIOS before the swap. Keyboard's scroll lock starts blinking, I can't get into BIOS. Still proceed.
After CPU swap, same issue. Using a spare keyboard, could press F1 to configure, but mouse support doesn't work either.

After setting to DOCP standard, I booted into Windows and it's working fine, but for some reason no keyboard (Corsair RGB Strafe) or Mouse (Logitech G900) support in BIOS, which is a little frustrating.

Soldato
Im at a loss at which CPU to buy for mine. I dont need the 16 threads of my 2700x, but it kinda feels backwards to "downgrade" to a 3600x by core count, even if it out performs in every way almost? CH6 doing okay with these new chips though?

Associate
Im at a loss at which CPU to buy for mine. I dont need the 16 threads of my 2700x, but it kinda feels backwards to "downgrade" to a 3600x by core count, even if it out performs in every way almost? CH6 doing okay with these new chips though?
Aside from the latest BIOS not allowing my normal keyboard + mouse to work in the BIOS (I had to plug in some other external USB keyboard+mouse and it worked then, for some reason), it seems stable.

I got 20% faster over 1800X in some synthetic benchmarks. Played Metro Exodus and it was noticeably smoother, though maybe it's just the level I'm on.

Only issue is, temps seem to be a bit higher. Unsure if it's anything to do with Sense MI Skew, but i had to take the panel off my case as CPU was at 73C, Chipset at 72C and the case was very hot. Also tricky to adjust fan curves when you input methods are broken. Haven't tested beyond the basics but so far - stable.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Is anyone running a 3rd Gen Ryzen with a C6H? I've got a 3900X unopened but I'm yet to install it due to all these bloody issues at the moment with error codes on boot etc.

Associate
Is anyone running a 3rd Gen Ryzen with a C6H? I've got a 3900X unopened but I'm yet to install it due to all these bloody issues at the moment with error codes on boot etc.
Yep I've got the same as you. The big problem I have is cold booting. I cannot run my RAM over 2666. I've tried a few fixes like the boot ram voltage but nothing works. To add to the spice I have 4 sticks of RAM. So as long as you run your RAM slow for the moment you will be fine.

Associate
7201 BIOS fixes mouse input, but I still have to set my Corsair RGB Swift to "BIOS mode" in Windows, reboot and hope I can press F2 or DEL to get in to BIOS. disabling it is a nightmare, seems like I have to disable BIOS mode on the keyboard right when it does a POST after reset, otherwise turning off BIOS mode in Windows doesn't work and I've got a non-working keyboard. This is incredibly strange, I'll admit.

I've also found that the Core Voltage always sticks around 1.4V. I am using the Ryzen Balanced power plan. Went and closed a bunch of applications until I saw it drop below 1V. Seems like Corsair and/or GOG Galaxy (or just a combination of all others I closed) made it go down to below 1V.
o8oJhVv.png

Some benches. I realise my RAM is really slow at 2400Mhz and therefore results are probably worse than they should be, I might be able to get it to 2667Mhz but no more, so I'm considering getting another kit of 3200Mhz. Don't know if the CH6 can handle 3600Mhz.

oE1chc2.png
xHEMR87.png

zYXrWCj.png

Associate
I read about something similar happening with all the fans shutting off on another forum, didn't think it would happen to me, but it did!

Leave PC for an hour, come back and it's very laggy and unresponsive, check temps and it's at 95C! Maximum 105C! Take off case side panel to find out the fans aren't spinning at all. Horrified.

4T69W57.png

Associate
New AGESA 1003AB BIOS released today: from ASUS ROG Forums

I did a BIOS Flashback, seems to be like there are new options for PBO and some other stuff. I certainly do hope the fan issue is resolved, more and more people are complaining about it.

Interesting thing I've noted: in Cinebench R20 I get 4721 after I close Origin, Steam, GOG Galaxy, Battle.net Launcher. In the default state with these open, I score around 4300.

Soldato
Interesting thing I've noted: in Cinebench R20 I get 4721 after I close Origin, Steam, GOG Galaxy, Battle.net Launcher. In the default state with these open, I score around 4300.

When benchmarking you only want the OS and your benchmark running, all other apps should be closed if you aiming for best case / highest score.

Back
Top Bottom