ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO

Associate
I just tried boot at 3000 with nighthawk ram with no luck, just kept repeating the same couple of qcode numbers so I am stuck at 2666 at the moment. I also can no longer us the Ryzen master tool as it moans that HPET is not enabled.

Another thing Ive noticed is that my CPU fan header is going to the Phanteks PWM module and it sometimes is not detecting any fans on it (even though they are spinning) and when it does it only runs them at a fixed speed of 700rpm no matter the cpu temp. So at the moment I have taken one fan and plug that into the cpu header and the Phanteks module into the optional header.

But at this moment my CPU is at 44, my cpu fan is at 370rpm, the front fan is at 380 and I cant see the optional fan speed. Nothing I seem to use (including the bios q fan thing) lets me control them at all.

Don't really want to try overclocking if I cant even seem to control my fans and the temperature is still a bit of a mystery.

Edit: That temp of 44 I was putting around 20w into the chip (HWiNFO). Just started real bench up and it was putting 99w and the temp went up to 51 with the fan speeds not changing. Doesn't seem like much of a jump to me.

Last edited:
Associate
Got mine running 3.7 CPU with RAM at 2966.

Think I'll leave it at that until i get my Kraken mount (fu nzxt) and the BIOS matures.

I'd recommend the 1001 BIOS though, much more stable in my experience.

Soldato
im still got the 0d and wont post, tried it with one stick of ram in all slots still nothing
I had that problem with my first crosshair before it bricked with a bad bios update, 0d is the code before it switches on how are you connected to your monitor? If it's Display port try a HDMI cable, that was my problem, the computer was waiting for me to F1 into the bios but because I was using display port my monitor wasn't switching on the the post was getting stuck

Associate
OP
Got mine running 3.7 CPU with RAM at 2966.

Think I'll leave it at that until i get my Kraken mount (fu nzxt) and the BIOS matures.

I'd recommend the 1001 BIOS though, much more stable in my experience.
would u recommend the ch6 with the current bios as a good stable board choice?

Associate
I think with the latest bios or 0902 the board is fine, just don't expect to run you ram at full speed and expect the odd bug or two in the bios or voltage/temp read out. But so far mines been fine when I have just set the ram to 2666 and not touched anything else. Only goes wrong when I start messing about with other stuff.

As far as I can tell I think most of the issues are related to the AM4 platform in general and not this board. Looks like in a week or 2 there could be the first update from AMD which will hopefully sort a few things out.

Associate
OP
I think with the latest bios or 0902 the board is fine, just don't expect to run you ram at full speed and expect the odd bug or two in the bios or voltage/temp read out. But so far mines been fine when I have just set the ram to 2666 and not touched anything else. Only goes wrong when I start messing about with other stuff.

As far as I can tell I think most of the issues are related to the AM4 platform in general and not this board. Looks like in a week or 2 there could be the first update from AMD which will hopefully sort a few things out.
thankyou, were would one find this amd update when its released, or will it be pushed out to the board manufacturers

Soldato
Associate
would u recommend the ch6 with the current bios as a good stable board choice?

I wouldn't not recommend it, but it's still a very expensive board that is likely to go far beyond what i ever actually need, the design is over engineered.

If you want something to OC your CPU and provide you with some tinkering a decent B350 board like the Gaming 3 could do the job.

If you need lots of ports though and love the aesthetics it's hard to look past it.

Stability wise, seems fine within the limitations of the platform, and of real benefit is the already brimming community, much more helpful than any official support service could offer.

Associate
OP
I wouldn't not recommend it, but it's still a very expensive board that is likely to go far beyond what i ever actually need, the design is over engineered.

If you want something to OC your CPU and provide you with some tinkering a decent B350 board like the Gaming 3 could do the job.

If you need lots of ports though and love the aesthetics it's hard to look past it.

Stability wise, seems fine within the limitations of the platform, and of real benefit is the already brimming community, much more helpful than any official support service could offer.
i am considering the ch6 and the taichi, but the latter is nowhere to be found.

Associate
Temp readings is still random. Idle temp is now between 41-60 with 25-32w. Just started real bench up again and had the cpu using 90w+ and the temp stayed around 51. So the idle temp jumps all over the place but the full load temp is less then the max idle temp. I think there is a random number generator that's just making the number up now I'm sure.

So far my fans have a rpm range of 320 - 551. So that's not effecting the temp difference.

(Still no idea if my heat sink is applied as well as it could be).

Is anyone else seeing this with their fan speed/random idle temps (by idle I mean browsing this wonderful blue land with youtube open).

Associate
Anybody know how to find out what chips are on my RAM without removing my heat spreader?

Tried HWINFO/CPU-Z and WMIC commands but manufacturer only shows Corsair.

Associate
I had that problem with my first crosshair before it bricked with a bad bios update, 0d is the code before it switches on how are you connected to your monitor? If it's Display port try a HDMI cable, that was my problem, the computer was waiting for me to F1 into the bios but because I was using display port my monitor wasn't switching on the the post was getting stuck
im connected with hdmi lead off the g/card its led tv I use

Back
Top Bottom