Soldato
My understanding of what happened, from reading some bike forums:

Lots of bikes were in a large convoy
RRS cuts in to the group, splitting the group up
Lead bikes slow down to allow trailing bikes to catch up and pass RRS
RRS runs bike down

They weren't brake testing the RRS

I dont think thats how it played out.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/video-shows-motorcyclists-pull-driver-car-beat/t/story?id=20419705

It seemed that he clipped one of the bikes and did not stop (wrong but he may have been afraid)
They then forced him to stop at which point he was probably afraid for his and his families life. Do not forget a lot of them would have been carrying guns.

Last edited:
Soldato
There is no point speculating about how this may have started or what everyone is trying to do in the video, we simply don't have all the facts.

Funny how that particular bit of the video, seemingly along with the very end of the video, have been edited out of the file that has made it's way online.

Soldato
Indeed, given that the video was taken from a biker and the start and end have been edited it could be suggested that the bikers were in the wrong and this video has been edited to cover something up..

Associate
Do you believe the bikers did it for fun?

Have you even watched the video??

If you haven't then just watch the start and you see the bikes catch up with the RR overtake him then cut him, the one who cuts him then brake tests him while the others surround him, presumably with a group of them behind him, What else was he supposed to do, if you look he does slow down before he hits.

Not necessarily for fun however clearly looking for an excuse for trouble.

In his position I would want to get away, if that meant running over a few bikes (NOT bikers) then so be it.

Soldato
Key is to constantly look for *any* way out and keep rolling - even a few MPH makes it difficult for someone to break in to a car, as you typical need to swing/get leverage, and a moving car is very difficult to do that to. I think in a 2.5 ton V8 Range Rover I'd have pushed the other cars out of the way.

Soldato
I dont think thats how it played out.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/video-shows-motorcyclists-pull-driver-car-beat/t/story?id=20419705

It seemed that he clipped one of the bikes and did not stop (wrong but he may have been afraid)
They then forced him to stop at which point he was probably afraid for his and his families life. Do not forget a lot of them would have been carrying guns.

A group of motorcyclists riding in New York City on Sunday chased and then attacked the driver of an SUV after he collided into a biker, while one biker filmed the entire confrontation, police said today

The first paragraph is wrong from the off. He collided with a biker, drove over 4-5 bikes and then collided with a second bike, and thats just what is seen in the video

Soldato
If you haven't then just watch the start and you see the bikes catch up with the RR overtake him then cut him, the one who cuts him then brake tests him while the others surround him, presumably with a group of them behind him, What else was he supposed to do, if you look he does slow down before he hits.

Not necessarily for fun however clearly looking for an excuse for trouble.

In his position I would want to get away, if that meant running over a few bikes (NOT bikers) then so be it.
Do you honestly believe the start of the video is the start of the incident?

Surely someone can find a forum where some of these guys are posting, that might have more information about what happened to lead to the start of the video

Soldato
Key is to constantly look for *any* way out and keep rolling - even a few MPH makes it difficult for someone to break in to a car, as you typical need to swing/get leverage, and a moving car is very difficult to do that to. I think in a 2.5 ton V8 Range Rover I'd have pushed the other cars out of the way.

Exactly. If the RR driver had any intelligence, he'd have locked his bloody doors

Soldato
So the guy was surrounded by people on unmarked bikes (no number plates, and turn out to be a criminal syndicate) who then proceed to bully him on the road, and in the ensuing altercation he ends up with a slashed face and his family in danger and there are people who criticise his actions out of justified fear?

Soldato
There's several more videos of that ride out, very dangerous riders. Shouldn't be to hard to catch him one of the videos even has him putting in his credit details in a fuel station.

Associate
Reading the article posted above the police commisioner has stated that he doesn't expect any charges to be brought against the driver.

Combine that with the video description saying he killed a biker when the police have confirmed it was just a broken leg and that the video was filmed by a biker and the beginning and end have been cut off would suggest the bikers have done something to cause all this and the driver was just caught up in the middle of it all. Can't say for certain that is the situation but it would be my guess based on what we have.

Man of Honour
From what I've seen of the video and other stuff linked, it looks like a pretty terrifying ordeal. I'm aware I only have a small part of the story, but if I had to take sides, I'd be probably on the RRS driver's.

Soldato
Im fairly sure this is the guys youtube account

http://www.youtube.com/user/Michelinman900?feature=watch

Judging by the bike in both the video on ******** and in his youtube account it appears to be the same person, though if im wrong then say so but it appears so.

What it shows is that the entire event was attended by people who I cannot describe on this family friendly forum.

Wow, I was prepared to give them some benefit of doubt, but if that is how they were riding about then they are an absolute disgrace.

Unless I'm judging it wrong, in one of the first videos I've watched on the freeway, car drivers have all pulled onto the hard shoulder and stopped, presumably just to avoid the danger of this pack coming through all over the road.

Caporegime
Bike brake checks range rover. Range rover can not stop in time. Hits bike. Rr stops mob surround him. Being america with guns and all that guy runs for his life then gets hounded down and beat to a inch of his life. Seems pretty clear cut to be honest. Only thing the guy in the Rr did wrong was be on that highway at that time.

Soldato
Videos seem to be being deleted/hidden while I've just been watching them. The Channel Owner obviously realises they could be incriminating now.

Soldato
Presumably the video before GOPR2900 was GOPR2899 and may have shown what happens prior to the one being spread around?

Back
Top Bottom