• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3090ti RMA'd, B Grade 4070ti offered as a replacement

doesn't really matter to be fair, ppl more shocked at the treatment by OC tbf
Offered a replacement card of similar value, shocking treatment, shame on OC!

Suddenly he is the bad guy here? People have very short memory of what was happening during gpu shortage.
Nobody said he was the bad guy, just explaining why he accepted a 16GB replacement.

Offered a replacement card of similar value, shocking treatment, shame on OC!

It’s not similar value though, it’s still under warranty. The warranty doesn’t degrade over time, the warranty is against the product in the first place. Being offered an inferior tiered product isn’t really an acceptable outcome.

We get it though, you would have happily taken a 4070Ti as a replacement for a £2000 card with double the vram.

Good on the OP for maximising what he could get out of the warranty he paid for.

OCUK went from a B-Grade 4070Ti (approx £600) to a B-Grade 4080 (approx £900) to nearly £1,100 cash. Meaning if he accepting their first offer, they would have profited by at least £500...

Profit on the original purchase, more profit on a warranty claim. I'd be praying for cards to break if I were them :D

Last edited:
Glad you got the outcome you want and are happy with.

Just an FYI though the 4070Ti comes with 12Gb not 8GB

I assume the 4080 you got was not a B grade 1?

Typical crab mentality from some trying to pull down normal people. Shame on you for siding against someone Subject to this treatment.

The original offer was derisive. the fact the OP has wasted so much time having to horse trade with a hundred million plus company etc.. all is in his favor.

Very poor customer service is only comment worth stating not against a normal guy.

Good on the OP for maximising what he could get out of the warranty he paid for.

OCUK went from a B-Grade 4070Ti (approx £600) to a B-Grade 4080 (approx £900) to nearly £1,100 cash. Meaning if he accepting their first offer, they would have profited by at least £500...

Profit on the original purchase, more profit on a warranty claim. I'd be praying for cards to break if I were them :D
It’s more of a case of OCUK trying to shifting dead stock (B grade which they can’t return to manufacturer assuming it is just customer return within return window and nothing wrong with the stuff).

It is pretty disgusting tbh.

Personally I would be inclined to deal with OEM directly if it is outside the usual 30 days or 1yr warranty period. Saves all these dealing with shady retailers.

Last edited:
Personally I would be inclined to deal with OEM directly if it is outside the usual 30 days or 1yr warranty period. Saves all these dealing with shady retailers.
Sadly, many of them just outright won't deal with end users and refer you to the retailer. Others will require you to ship the card overseas at your own expense, which is an expensive and complex process with all the customs paperwork and insurance to deal with. That's why I think you're best off buying a Gigabyte or Zotac card if you live in the UK, since both offer direct RMAs and both have a UK RMA centre (the only two that do as far as I know). Both also offer longer warranties than most, with 5 years as standard for Zotac and 4 years for Gigabyte's higher-end SKUs.

Sadly, many of them just outright won't deal with end users and refer you to the retailer. Others will require you to ship the card overseas at your own expense, which is an expensive and complex process with all the customs paperwork and insurance to deal with. That's why I think you're best off buying a Gigabyte or Zotac card if you live in the UK, since both offer direct RMAs and both have a UK RMA centre (the only two that do as far as I know). Both also offer longer warranties than most, with 5 years as standard for Zotac and 4 years for Gigabyte's higher-end SKUs.
I didn't know Zotac had a UK RMA centre, Glad I picked Zotac then for mt 4070Ti.

What made me choose them over others was the 5 year warranty as it was more than the 2/3 years others where supplying

Back
Top Bottom