• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3090ti RMA'd, B Grade 4070ti offered as a replacement

i have used nvidia online retailer(no names) for rma many times, never an issue with them like deducting money due to wear n tear

I was massively impressed with an Nvidia FE RMA I did (direct with Nvidia). It had to go all the way to Hong Kong ( think that was where anyway), and the turnaround from me sending it, to getting what looked like a brand new like for like replacement was barely over a week.

Last edited:
I was massively impressed with an Nvidia FE RMA I did (direct with Nvidia). It had to go all the way to Hong Kong ( think that was where anyway), and the turnaround from me sending it, to getting what looked like a brand new like for like replacement was barely over a week.

I've mentioned it before, but this is one of a few reasons I will continue to buy FE cards.

Hi everyone, just to update everyone. We have come to the agreement that they will send me a RTX 4080 Super Aero edition, as a replacement card. Crazy to think that had I not questioned the original offer, I could have walked away with a B Grade 4070ti.
Appreciate everyone's input.

So the 24GB of vRAM for work, wasn't really an issue then to start with :D

Last edited:
Hi everyone, just to update everyone. We have come to the agreement that they will send me a RTX 4080 Super Aero edition, as a replacement card. Crazy to think that had I not questioned the original offer, I could have walked away with a B Grade 4070ti.
Appreciate everyone's input.

As long as you are happy with the outcome is what matters, was your money on a product that was still in warranty period.

Next time Tidsyy you need advice come to these forums, other place is full of brats if you know what I mean. Hope you enjoy the new GPU and doesn't give you any issues.

Agreed, but the retailer is allowed to offer a replacement with the same market value if they don't have a specific card in stock and the customer is allowed to say no if it isn't suitable and get a partial refund. Would it have been less insulting if they bought a used 3090 Ti for £650-£700 and offered to send him that instead?
They can offer it but it means nothing, the customer is entitled to turn that down and accept a fair refund. Whichever way you spin it a 4070ti is a downgrade, market value is irrelevant.

Whichever way you spin it a 4070ti is a downgrade
It's a matter of opinion, there's more to a GPU than just raster performance and VRAM otherwise AMD cards would be dominating. For me it's close enough in raster that I would personally choose a 4070 Ti over a 3090 Ti. Also depends on which games you play, for example in MW3 the 4070 Ti is faster than a 3090 Ti in raster.

Last edited:
Wow. That's a change from 30 years ago.
i remember they had a very bad rep many moons ago, it was the retailer to avoid, remember them being in the pc press many times for dodgy practices, not sure why, but they turned it right around, i sent a keyboard back other month, failed after 16 months(2y warranty), offered me full refund or replacement. wasnt a cheapy keyboard either.

i remember they had a very bad rep many moons ago, it was the retailer to avoid, remember them being in the pc press many times for dodgy practices, not sure why, but they turned it right around, i sent a keyboard back other month, failed after 16 months(2y warranty), offered me full refund or replacement. wasnt a cheapy keyboard either.

Yes I use to avoid them like the plague back in the day, till I started hearing good things about them and heard there was some management changes or something, also they added sections of products like the pro audio side that I am into too. I wish OCUK would do similar things regarding certain types of products like audio and I don't mean Ediffers and Logitech speakers.. Also pc audio cards, nice headphones/IEMS, DACS/AMPS, audio cables, etc...

Just have to read the sound section on this very forums and see what sort of products we OCUK customers are buying elsewhere because not stocked here.

only bought one gpu from OC, never had n issue, but seeing these threads pop up now n again on here makes me think twice using them for a high value item
they pop up far too often now. imo since 5UB moved away from CS they have went hugely downhill. stopped buying expensive items from OcUK quite a while back as they just are competitve most of the time. i used to be happy to pay a bit extra because when there were issues they were usually on the ball sorting the customer out - getting the customer 'sorted' seemed to be the priority. that's not the case anymore sadly, so i just buy from where ever is cheapest now.

It's a matter of opinion, there's more to a GPU than just raster performance and VRAM otherwise AMD cards would be dominating. For me it's close enough in raster that I would personally choose a 4070 Ti over a 3090 Ti. Also depends on which games you play, for example in MW3 the 4070 Ti is faster than a 3090 Ti in raster.

We all don't buy gpus to game only on remember. We use them for work and other pc hobbies that require high amounts of vram or cuda cores.

Gaming this generation a 7800xt is good enough at a more realistic price for 1440p/4k. Want RT and DLSS for gaming well Nvidia and out of the bunch 4070ti super is one I would get for gaming only from them again 1440p/4k.. for the games I play.

Back
Top Bottom