• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*Rumour* 1070 Ti (Videocardz.com)

Soldato
Repeat from my words of wisdom and prediction way before Vega Launched, that every pro amd fan ignores
'' It has a much bigger die, more expensive process to manufacture, and very thin margins of profit to cater for desktop only, in comparison to a Gp104 that is smaller, cheaper to manufacture and has catered for both mobile and desktop gpu's
with inflated pricepoints in both these sectors. Sure any Money to Amd is better than nothing, but it won't change their R&D or magically improve their architecture. Vega just can't compete for long term.

Non of which matters when deciding to buy a card. Price and then performance. Non of my points were aimed at manufacturing and profit to AMD so not sure why i need to see your words of wisdom :D:D:D:D:D.

Soldato
Sad but true, I picked up a 6gb 1060. It was the best performing card in my budget at the time. I would have loved to have been able to at least consider the 470/480 but there just weren't any in stock.
I had a price point and got the best I could for it. If I had an unlimited budget I might pick AMD just to support the underdog but I don't.

V F

V F

Soldato
The 1xxx series has been an interesting nutty release with so many more flavours than a rock shop.

Associate
I can see this being a case of NVidia taking precautions in case the vega 56 had come out and offered better price to performance against the 1070, then they could have dropped the price of the 1070 to undercut the vega and dropped this to compete head to head. But since the vega is more expensive than was expected it might be that this gets shelved. But who knows, NVidia does seem to just do things sometimes which leaves everyone guessing.

Caporegime
Presumably this is just to rival the Fury 56 properly as the 56 beats the 1070 slightly at the moment. Nvidia are just covering off all the AMD cards.

Associate
Only if you cave in and buy it ;)

The truth is, we allow ourselves to be milked. Aint nobody forced to buy them at gunpoint.
i havent caved in. i have rx480. after this gen of nvidia cards it has to put everybody off going nvidia doesnt it? you buy a card thinking its the top of the range and they release 3 cards less than a year later all better than it... or is that just me?

i cant really afford to go nvidia anymore. i consider myself mid range ie. 970, 1070 but they have moved the price bracket so far im out of it now.

Permabanned
Presumably this is just to rival the Fury 56 properly as the 56 beats the 1070 slightly at the moment. Nvidia are just covering off all the AMD cards.

Doubt it's true unless Volta is delayed. AMD have spent some time educating people about cost of ownership, AMD+Freesync and Nvidia+Gsync. Nvidia really need to do a lot more to be competitive.

Associate
Doubt it's true unless Volta is delayed. AMD have spent some time educating people about cost of ownership, AMD+Freesync and Nvidia+Gsync. Nvidia really need to do a lot more to be competitive.

Corrected: Cost of amd+freesync+psu+aircon+counselling.

Yes, the last one is a joke.....

Soldato
Haha. Funny thing is, even as someone wanting AMD to do well so I can buy their card, all AMD managed to do was make me sell my Freesync 4K monitor and buy a 4K G-Sync one! :p

Now waiting for Volta and I will be set for a long time :D

If you are still using that 290 then where is the logic in that lol. Assuming you are then you have downgraded your experience to wait on a card that's a good while away. The smart move would have been to buy a G-Sync monitor at the same time as Volta release keeping Freesync with your 290 and switching when you had a Nvidia card.

Back
Top Bottom