• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*Rumour* 1070 Ti (Videocardz.com)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
If you are still using that 290 then where is the logic in that lol. Assuming you are then you have downgraded your experience to wait on a card that's a good while away. The smart move would have been to buy a G-Sync monitor at the same time as Volta release keeping Freesync with your 290 and switching when you had a Nvidia card.
Smart move was to buy the G-Sync monitor now as I got a very good price. About £150 saving over the price it is sold here ;)

Plus if I want I have the option to buy a GeForce card now to game, but my 290 does the job in what I am playing at the moment, so no rush unless I see a good offer :D

Logic ;)

Man of Honour
Sadly so do I. I think of Gsync in the same way I thought of IBM's MCA, I went EISA.

If they made Gsync an open license free standard then I would buy, but I'm old and stubborn.

You are showing your age, MCA was launched 30 years ago.:D

It is a shame that IBM messed up with MCA as there were some things that I really liked about it.

Associate
Great another one for the Bitcoin crowd.

Yup, if those figures are true, only 5% fewer cores than a 1080 with non-X memory, then the miners will love them. The 5X RAM is the only thing keeping them off the 1080s...

(oh, FYI, it's not bitcoin any more - that's not viable with a GPU and hasn't been for three or four years. It's more likely ethereum, zcash and a few others now)

Soldato
Yup, if those figures are true, only 5% fewer cores than a 1080 with non-X memory, then the miners will love them. The 5X RAM is the only thing keeping them off the 1080s...

(oh, FYI, it's not bitcoin any more - that's not viable with a GPU and hasn't been for three or four years. It's more likely ethereum, zcash and a few others now)

It won't be any better for mining than a 1070 is my guess, the memory is the same and that's all that counts really. My guess is miners won't be interested, I'm not.

Back
Top Bottom