• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*Rumour* 1070 Ti (Videocardz.com)

Soldato
So you only care for his opinion when you agree with it.

To get a v64 right now that's as cool and quiet as a 1080ti though you are at 1080ti money.

I don't disagree you can get a v64 cheaper than a 1080ti, but given it offers worse price/performance than a 1080ti it's not worth buying.

WELL obviously lol, why would I care about something I do not agree with? Lol

It doesn't matter, what why you try and spin it, watercool is watercool and can only be compared with each other.

Caporegime
WELL obviously lol, why would I care about something I do not agree with? Lol

It doesn't matter, what why you try and spin it, watercool is watercool and can only be compared with each other.

You're ignoring the rest of the post which is frankly more important.

I absolutely agree you can buy a v64 cheaper than a 1080ti, that product however offers worse price/performance acoustics, temperatures and power usage.
This makes a v64 an absolutely terrible buy. It's shocking that a 1080ti is a better price/performance part

I'm not doing any spinning.

Permabanned
^^ Then spend more adding WC to it and its still slower and power hungry.

Do not see the point IMO but each to their own and a "fool and their money are easily parted" as the saying goes.

Soldato
You're ignoring the rest of the post which is frankly more important.

I absolutely agree you can buy a v64 cheaper than a 1080ti, that product however offers worse price/performance acoustics, temperatures and power usage.
This makes a v64 an absolutely terrible buy. It's shocking that a 1080ti is a better price/performance part

I'm not doing any spinning.

Within Time, Within Time! It will happen!! I even disagree with you here! VEGA is a new Product, newerTech I would soon buy into newer hardware than old! Sure Ti is faster right now is almost all titles but lets talk this time next year!! Bookmark this... Best we just leave this here, because to answer @GoogalyMoogaly Also the reason I asked Greg to replay within the vega thread was to not have this thread go off topic! To late I guess... That is the reason!

Edit
The only thing I can agree with you on is Ti does defo offer better Noise/temperatures and power usage. That I agree with.

Soldato
^^ Then spend more adding WC to it and its still slower and power hungry.

Do not see the point IMO but each to their own and a "fool and their money are easily parted" as the saying goes.

Tbh Vega's main selling point is dx12. It's got pretty much full support unlike any other card. Shankly won't buy nvidia but even if he did at the price he got it it was still a good choice over the similar gtx1080. He keeps his cards for a while so it was not a bad choice.

Permabanned
I will have a Volta or whatever next year and bought my Titan XM for the performance at launch not years later. :)

I skipped both newer Titans as I am not as mad as I once was with new hardware each release, I will replace when I need the performance.

Soldato
Tbh Vega's main selling point is dx12. It's got pretty much full support unlike any other card. Shankly won't buy nvidia but even if he did at the price he got it it was still a good choice over the similar gtx1080. He keeps his cards for a while so it was not a bad choice.

Agreed! VEGA is a better product hardware wise! It offers much newer stuff and I honestly believe it will be around much longer.. I like to get around two or even three years.. Truth is I might have even kept my 290 if I had owned the 8GB versions it was doing me so well.

Caporegime

Within Time, Within Time! It will happen!! I even disagree with you here! VEGA is a new Product, newerTech I would soon buy into newer hardware than old! Sure Ti is faster right now is almost all titles but lets talk this time next year!! Bookmark this... Best we just leave this here, because to answer @GoogalyMoogaly Also the reason I asked Greg to replay within the vega thread was to not have this thread go off topic! To late I guess... That is the reason!

Edit
The only thing I can agree with you on is Ti does defo offer better Noise/temperatures and power usage. That I agree with.

Next year Volta will be available, buying a poorly priced gpu in the hope it competes better next year isn't what I'd call a solid option.

I buy on facts, not conjecture.

Soldato
Next year Volta will be available, buying a poorly priced gpu in the hope it competes better next year isn't what I'd call a solid option.

and Volta will be better obviously, AMD will have new GPUs also and the cycle continues!! Fact is AMD last longer! Been proven! Just look at any recent benchmark that has older GPUs the same GPUs that was competing back then Nvidia is nowhere.

Soldato

He never bought it at a poor price though. Vega is good at £470 and it will likely get stronger. It already is judging by the latest releases.

Caporegime
and Volta will be better obviously, AMD will have new GPUs also and the cycle continues!! Fact is AMD last longer! Been proven! Just look at any recent benchmark that has older GPUs the same GPUs that was competing back then Nvidia is nowhere.

Fair enough.

Yea at current prices it's a hard sale which i agree with but i thought you were referring to Shankly who got his for £470.

At the moment it's more than a hard sale. Even at 470 it's a bit of a hard sale to me, but I can understand people buying it at that price

Caporegime
So you only care for his opinion when you agree with it.

To get a v64 right now that's as cool and quiet as a 1080ti though you are at 1080ti money.

I don't disagree you can get a v64 cheaper than a 1080ti, but given it offers worse price/performance than a 1080ti it's not worth buying.

This.
Because, water-cooled GPUs offer much better temperature and noise, also you can make the core on Vega 64 much better stable results is better performance 1700+ on the core.

The water cooled version of the 1080 Ti is what NVidia have next and what should be compared, when it comes to the price of both GPUs.

The products should be compared for what they are not because it suits your agenda lol

Not at all. It being water-cooled is irrelevant when the advantages of said water cooling don't make it any better in any metric than the similarly priced alternative.

Other than being tied into freesync, there isn't a logical reason to buy a WC Vega 64 over a decent abi 1080ti.

Caporegime
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom