Runescape

Associate
I recently sold my Party Hat to fund gear, skills etc. The combat update is a godsend. Slayer should be much less monotonous now.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is anyone else using the 14.2 Beta drivers? I keep getting very strange GPU usage on this. Mainly when i was in world 2 and i was quite populated.

Associate
I've just rejoined after around 12-15 months off. Must say that I'm enjoying this new combat system a lot, does seem a little less crowded on servers though.

Does anyone else get graphical glitching when rotating the camera? (using the client version high quality). Not game breaking, but certain areas have occasional tears in them when the camera rotates. AMD card, Intel CPU.

Associate
I've just rejoined after around 12-15 months off. Must say that I'm enjoying this new combat system a lot, does seem a little less crowded on servers though.

Does anyone else get graphical glitching when rotating the camera? (using the client version high quality). Not game breaking, but certain areas have occasional tears in them when the camera rotates. AMD card, Intel CPU.

The graphical glitches can't be ironed out on afraid. The reason the servers are less crowded I'd due to the successful removal of bots.

Soldato
Well I got curious and bought a months membership again, completing quests and raising the skills that didn't exist when I quit - Construction, Divination, Hunter and Summoning and dungeoneering. Divination is above 40 now.

Really liking the balancing on the combat triangle too, its now cost-viable to mage, so I started to do just that. Soloed the Giant Mole first time too, pretty fun and easy.

In-game name: Judgeneo555

Associate
When I first started playing range was so underpowered and whilst I was away I learned it was overpowered.

Runescape has lost popularity as hardware and internet connections have got better meaning many players migrated to wow. Can't see it lasting much longer

Associate
Cant see it lasting much longer? Sorry but if people were leaving for WoW it would have already happened. Don't exactly need a monster rig or fibre to play it, baring in mind WoW is only 3 years older than RS.

New skill yet to come this year. Many quest updates, much more enjoyable quests now too, great new combat system, RS is more fun than ever for me. Not to mention its totally diff to WoW.

Far from dead.

Associate
OP
The old-school playerbase is still rising steadily, I am unsure about RS3, both are still fun :)

Oldschool auto-typer is now out, delete your auto typers as there is no need for them anymore!

Soldato
Starting to play this again, got about 200 days of basically free membership so I can come and go as I feel :D.

Got a Zamorak Page 2 in my easy clue so that's 350k for me!

Soldato
Starting to play this again, got about 200 days of basically free membership so I can come and go as I feel :D.

I came back a couple months ago, played for 2 weeks making planks with Lunar magic, made 50m and 99 mage, and then quit again!

Wish I had the time, as I highly enjoyed RS, just not got the time in the day to play it any more.

Soldato
I came back a couple months ago, played for 2 weeks making planks with Lunar magic, made 50m and 99 mage, and then quit again!

Wish I had the time, as I highly enjoyed RS, just not got the time in the day to play it any more.

It's a nice game to just casually play I find. If I get to stuck in the mindset of grinding though I find it becomes a bore and it's usually when I quit for a while. I actually enjoy a lot of quests in this game too compared to most other quests in game where anything other than the main storyline quest bores me.

Still a noob in Old school. Level 55 with about 500k in cash and items thanks to that page. Going to keep it for now I think as I may use a Zamorak book in the future.

Soldato

I've got completed Zamorak and Guthix books from way back when when they were useful - its a shame I can't sell the pages out of them.
Money comes very easy nowadays, I just splashed out on a dragonfire shield and dragon full helm (I was using a dragon med and a spikey platebody and people kept calling me a bot :p), and am recovering my money surprisingly fast.

How did you get so much free membership?

Soldato
I've got completed Zamorak and Guthix books from way back when when they were useful - its a shame I can't sell the pages out of them.
Money comes very easy nowadays, I just splashed out on a dragonfire shield and dragon full helm (I was using a dragon med and a spikey platebody and people kept calling me a bot :p), and am recovering my money surprisingly fast.

How did you get so much free membership?

Is this in old school or RS3? I don't enjoy the new runescape, it was the simplicity of it that I enjoyed and I really don't like the new direction they've gone with the graphics. I'm probably just too nostalgia driven but I'll probably spend no time on RS3.

I got a Pernix Cowl with one of those insta-kill darts back when they were 90m and then used that money to buy bonds so I've got 200 days worth of them. I never play RS3 so the money is useless to me since you couldn't transfer it over so it was best used to buy membership for my OL RS account :D.

Soldato
Isn't there a somewhat RS3 classic version in the works? Its still going to be RS3 with others on the EOC, but you can change your ability layout to be like it was in 2010 or so with special attacks and the way other stats work.

I remember seeing a vid with a bloke playing the beta of it.

Soldato
Might give it another go, but I hated the interface when I went on it a few days ago, it's just so much worse than it was pre-RS3, it feels cluttered even with a few changes. As much as I like '07, my fondest memories were only from around 2011. Got myself a quest cape and some of the final quest battles were awesome :D.

Back
Top Bottom