Russell Brand.

This...

it goes like this for me....

Hated him when he used to crap on channel 4 (used to always be around my missus's parents house at the time and he was one big brother or something as a presenter)

Thought he was a laugh after i saw him on something else, watched his stand up and read his book, both were alright but not exactly amazing, his book is worth a read though.

Annoying. Ok Ok, he has a large vocabulary which is what I liked about his standup but hell, half the stuff he rambles on about is nonsence.

Pretty much that ^ for me also.
Some of his standups had me laughing, i've never seen him on any of the reality TV things as i don't watch them. I think i gave the standups a go because he was funny on a pannel show? Quiz show or something.

He's not, everything he gets involved in is already in the public attention. The recent rent issue and protest had NOTHING to do with Brand. Brand saw a popular cause and decided to jump in front of it, if anything he took coverage away from the issue and all the news was about his interview rather than about the issue.

He's like many other people, Bono, Geldof, whoever else, a cause exists, it gets attention, they jump to the front of the cause pretending to be a champion of it, take away attention from said cause onto themselves. They get loads of attention, book/album/ticket sales go through the roof, the cause is pretty much ignored and become about those individuals, these people are worse than politicians. They are the worst type of people having absolutely no morals or care. It's easy to read a paper see what the latest cause of the people is then turn up and take the attention while being seen as the champion of the people when in actual fact doing nothing at all for the cause.

Brand doesn't have views, he's a populist, nothing more or less, we never hear what he is for BEFORE an issue becomes the popularly held view of the people. He always jumps on a cause as it gets big and gets lots of media attention. Media attention whores like him just follow the attention then jump in between the cause and the camera for his own personal gain.

He has a large vocab and nothing else, he has no ideas, when he talks on the subject matter he comes up empty, when asked how to fix something or how something could be made better he rambles on like a retarded idiot or simply lashes out at the person asking the question. The entire problem with politics is people like him, people with no idea who want the power, the attention but hasn't got a clue how to make things better. Politicians who have no long term plan how to make things better just jump in front of whatever is popular at the time with no coherent plan of how to improve things but act to appease the public masses even if said action makes things much worse in the long term. Brand is like that, jump on a cause, no ideas, follows the media attention, gets upset when called out on having no clue what he's talking about.

hear hear. Exactly my thoughts on him.

I know this. That's why I for one don't bash Bill Gates. He's a doer - unlike Mr Brand it seems.

He does more than the people who are in here slating him.

An hour of his time is worth more than an hour of my time. He could earn thousands doing a chat show or something for 1 hour. Instead if he spends that 1hr bringing someones campaign to attention, then hes sacrificed more than I have.

Everyone is saying he doesnt actually do anything. What do you suggest he does? Would you like him to start a revolution? or become an MP? what exactly would he need to do for people to give him a break?

I see the public vote him a hypocrite too.

Last edited:
Can't really say I fancy her - she is fat and wears bright red lipstick got red hair but do love her jokes

dave

ps - Just seen it's Russell - is that a sprout.

Didn't know he had a YT channel.
One thing i will say, his link to dislike ratio on the videos are very favourable.

The stuff he speaks obviously resonates with people. For that, good going.
Still wont change my opinion that he's annoying :p

he is a complete bell end. Probably just making some noise to promote something he has got in the pipe like a book or new TV show. If the underprivileged think he represents them, they are as delusional as he is.

He does more than the people who are in here slating him.

An hour of his time is worth more than an hour of my time. He could earn thousands doing a chat show or something for 1 hour. Instead if he spends that 1hr bringing someones campaign to attention, then hes sacrificed more than I have.

Everyone is saying he doesnt actually do anything. What do you suggest he does? Would you like him to start a revolution? or become an MP? what exactly would he need to do for people to give him a break?

I see the public vote him a hypocrite too.

I'd like him to practice what he preaches and not jump on every populist bandwagon. I might then take him seriously.

That is why I like Bill Gates. He's fabulously wealthy yet donates vast sums to real causes and does it without the media whore aspect.

Ricky Tomlinson - made a lot of money but nigh on gave his first million away to the needy. Another bloke I have time for.

Brand though ? All talk. No action.

I thought the stuff about revolution on the BBC was a bit silly, I think Paxman let him off lightly. Though I did agree with him to a point about not voting.

He talks a lot of sense about drugs and drug policy.

Agreed, I certainly thought he was worth a listen after seeing him on the TV debating with Peter Hitchens. Not that I hated him beforehand (even though the tabloids tell me I should do) but he was just another bloke off the telly doing whatever they do, not interested.

I'm not too sure what to think of the trews, but I do like Brand's general outlook.

Back
Top Bottom