• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RX VEGA AIB Cards Information Needed?

Associate
1070 and 1080 price is cheaper and arguably better options

Yes, perhaps technically the cheaper and better option. However, some people still choose AMD because say they don't like nVidia business practices or because they're using a Freesync monitor, or both (in my case).

What AMD users aren't choosing but what always still happens is that nVidia fans keep diving in to AMD threads and repeatedly keep posting that nVidia is *insert statement such as better, cheaper, faster*. Gets really, really, really boring. We get it, really we do ... nVidia is better, k? Still would chose AMD over nVidia though.

Soldato
Yes, perhaps technically the cheaper and better option. However, some people still choose AMD because say they don't like nVidia business practices or because they're using a Freesync monitor, or both (in my case).

What AMD users aren't choosing but what always still happens is that nVidia fans keep diving in to AMD threads and repeatedly keep posting that nVidia is *insert statement such as better, cheaper, faster*. Gets really, really, really boring. We get it, really we do ... nVidia is better, k? Still would chose AMD over nVidia though.

Comments about nvidia's "business practices" is also boring. AMD, nVidia and Intel are business's who want to screw as much cash out of you and and I anyway they can. They are not your friend and they all will and have screwed over the consumer when they have been the top dogs in there markets .

Permabanned
So if what Gibbo said about them not supporting sales are AMD just going to leave the 56 and 64 out high and dry after spending a lot of money developing and manufacturing these cards?

To me it makes no buisness sense so I’m just trying to work it out. They should at least drop the prices if they not selling just to shift some units otherwise it’s dead stock

The problem is they have cards they can't afford to sell at the price point the performance merits. It's a simple as that. They know they messed up with this range or maybe messed up when they put Raj in charge and I imagine they've taken a step back looked at the current situation and thought thank God for Ryzen.

People complain about Nvidia then seem so happy to allow AMD to bend them over.

It feels like that's what's happened, Over the last year AMD saw everyone grabbing Pascal cards at higher than they should be prices and they thought I want a bit of that.

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Look like bad news on Vega custom cards.

While the Vega Custom are waiting for us as we mentioned in mid-September, a month later we came to the news from the manufacturers, and their answers are to say the least ... surprising!

ASUS which is with the ROG Strix RX Vega 64 the only one to have announced a personalized card, this from the 1st of August, simply has no information about the price or the availability. Another builder, who thought that a launch would not be possible before mid-October, told us that nothing should be expected in October and even November, while leaving doubts about a possible outright cancellation of customs on its side.

The manufacturer who had no information about a month ago on Vega Custom ... still does not have one, and the one who did not respond at the time tells us not to have either day.

While the reference cards no longer benefit from promotion and are at uncompetitive tariff levels, the lack of custom card two months after the launch raises again question ...

https://translate.googleusercontent...e.html&usg=ALkJrhhBMQ9UH4leujlmhuKPPamgyTi5eA

So no Vega custom cards next week or later October and November, possible AIB decided to cancelled Vega custom cards because it cost far too much and too high.

Associate
OP
Im in a bit of a pickle guys and need help so i have 1500 pounds in the bank ready and waiting to build my new System with which i was hoping to do last week but the Vega cards still aren't released even the Strix one which was Announced back in late August :(

I have Destiny 2 arriving on its launch date on the 24th and really want my system built by then the monitor i have has Freesync otherwise would prob just buy a GTX 1070 at this point i have no GPU to hand that could run D2 so should i try and buy a second hand one for 50 pounds :( or hope they are released by Friday?

Soldato
This dude is also not optimistic on release of cards: I asked one maker back in May about their plans, little did I know how far off the mark I was :D They insisted absolute zero info was available, I resolved to buy stock

There is no answer really to give. Make do with a stopgap or hope to get lucky with an offer you like. With no perfect outcome I have at times drawn up a shortlist of models and prices I would settle for, then you are ready should any appear. Ideally you would know someone with spares to use meantime, ask ocuk if they'll do you a system price you like who knows. You have a good budget surely

Soldato
I think the only answer for you is that there aren't any AIB cards with no news on the horizon either

I do t think there will actually end up being any released or at best not many when they do. As with anything the longer this situation goes on the less £/performance the cards will offer. If it tips into next year then it's going to be competing with Volta.

If you have to stick with freesync then there's a glut of reference cards available in the shops.

Caporegime
Im in a bit of a pickle guys and need help so i have 1500 pounds in the bank ready and waiting to build my new System with which i was hoping to do last week but the Vega cards still aren't released even the Strix one which was Announced back in late August :(

I have Destiny 2 arriving on its launch date on the 24th and really want my system built by then the monitor i have has Freesync otherwise would prob just buy a GTX 1070 at this point i have no GPU to hand that could run D2 so should i try and buy a second hand one for 50 pounds :( or hope they are released by Friday?

Id say just grab a Nvidia card, and not bother with the FreeSync, as Vega just isn't worth buying at these prices, the bog standard reference cards, are more expensive than Nvidias better, faster, custom overlcocked cards, the custom Strix Vega, will be even more expensive, and no one knows when its due, as its already late, it should have been out September.

If you have to have the FreeSync, then id just grab a 580, and wait and see what happens with Vega, but could be waiting forever.

Could even get rid of the FreeSync, and get a g-sync one, yeah, it'll be more expensive, but the cards are cheaper, which negates it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
People state this thing about Nvidia's business practices but are running Intel CPU's. I find this ironic, but it is a fee world and all that after all :)

They also run Microsoft Windows, or talk about buying a Microsoft console if AMD doesn't deliver. there is a word to describe people who wont buy a particular brand for no other reason than the company name on the box....

Associate
OP
Ok So there not going to be released in time so looking at buying a Second hand GTX 660 2GB which is the Minimum recommended spec.

I Was wondering if because i will only be using this card for a week or 2 is it even worth Installing the Drivers as dont want it to mess with the AMD ones when i get my Vega i know i could use DDU but dont think it would matter?

Soldato
428 with two games, its not a bargain price but its ok, I would guess that sells out so dont ponder too long. You can mod that 56 up and quite a few reviews agree that vega wins its market sector so thats not much to moan about. Only that its still stock and some people dont want that, in this case I'd get it and just sell early 2018 rather then wait. Probably better just to buy and get 3rd party cooler later.
I dont consider this stock cooler so bad, Ive owned quite a few noisy cards/hairdryers. The most noise, 100% RPM might come on when I play GTA because I shoved scaling up 200% as well but that whole game you are driving a car pretty much and there is a constant noise which covers it. Or any game its raining, anything you play that has background sound for me makes it a zero factor.
Not a big deal but not ideal either as its then audible on loading screens so I get why people pay a lot for perfect cooling

Back
Top Bottom