• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen "2" ?

Soldato
Damn, do I go for the 2700X and the Asrock Taichi Ultimate, or keep my CH6 and get a 2700X and just buy a larger nvme drive?

I suspect the X470 boards to also mature with regards to memory stability over time, so might be worth getting an X470 board and endure the teething problems

Associate
Oooft if those numbers are true.. then the 2700 is a no brainer, its withing a few % of the 8700 while cuffing it in multithreaded tasks.
Overclocking is all thats left, roll on 4.3 ghz all core - which to be honest is not bad.

Soldato
If you truly have a stable 4.1GHz 1800X OC then I really wouldn't bother... even if you managed to get the 2700X stable at 4.3GHz it's a 5% uplift for a lot of spend...

I'd move the board in sig with a 1700 and upgrade my true NAS box. Then drop the 1800X in the 1700 system.

Soldato
Interesting that GamersNexus found different memory kits can have a huge impact on performance, even at the same speeds: up to 20% in AoTS, even at 1440p! Also note that the X470 boards suffer a large performance impact compared to X370 boards because of the immature BIOSs, so I would be wary of any reviews using early BIOSs.

Associate
Interesting that GamersNexus found different memory kits can have a huge impact on performance, even at the same speeds: up to 20% in AoTS, even at 1440p! Also note that the X470 boards suffer a large performance impact compared to X370 boards because of the immature BIOSs, so I would be wary of any reviews using early BIOSs.

This is why Im holding off ordering parts for a new build as I want to get the right memory to maximize performance. Current sweet spot is around 3200 at cas 14 for the 1st ryzens but that may change for these.

Permabanned

Can be because of single, dual-side / single, dual-rank modules?

Permabanned
How many people have been running voltage around 1.37 or more over the last 12 months since launch on Ryzen 1 ?
Just curious if I need to worry about long term degradation at all, also would people advise on using a modded Bios from here https://www.win-raid.com/t2739f44-OFFER-Gigabyte-GA-AX-Aorus-Gaming-BIOS-mod.html
well there is me running 1.425 from Day 1 cpu is under load MINING 24/7. So over 365 days of constant load with few brakes to change cooland add stuff ect ;)

NOTHING ROCK STABLE at maximum what my cpu can handle :) Cpu never passed 66c btw.

Permabanned
Well, thats a great comfort then as I am far from that figure 24/7, maybe the odd game here and there etc so thanks for that.
fdfdfdfdfd.png

What i like about Ryzen Its mining all the time when im not gaming or producing still can do normal stuff thanks to process lasso fantastic software :)
Was messing around with 3003 bios testing new ram timings so uptime just 18 minutes time to leave it overnight hehe. Watch some crap on Netflix :]

Back
Top Bottom