• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen "2" ?

Permabanned
like testing ram 3550cl15 5000% pass
ramtest.png

And yes I'w ran aidas memory test while ramtest was testing thats why scores all crap :D

new timings new top score finally managed to pas 15000 :]

3dmark.png

Last edited:
Permabanned
Man, thought I had borked something. All games crashing but windows is fine. Fiddled with settings for hours, had forgotten I had been playing with HPET settings for Realbench, turned that back to normal, all fine. :p

Man of Honour
Man, thought I had borked something. All games crashing but windows is fine. Fiddled with settings for hours, had forgotten I had been playing with HPET settings for Realbench, turned that back to normal, all fine. :p

Those moments are the worst - I remember doing that with I think my Q9550 - playing about with HPET it would make certain things crash - forgot all about it for awhile as I was away working, etc. and then took a couple of days wondering why some games were acting weird and thinking my CPU overclock had killed the chip before I remembered.

Soldato
Yep, I'm using an NVME.I'll try switching back to Performance after the next Windows update - thanks for the heads up on that.
Just a quick update. The 1950X based system is now running great. I mentioned before my 6700K based system seemed faster at some things, notably opening Visual Studio was slower on the 1950X by quite a margin but this is no longer the case! Only got around to checking today :).

Last edited:
Permabanned
I did the same and its been worthwhile for me as well. My 1600 was a pig at 3.7 only so my 2700x boosting to over 4Ghz by its self is great.

I'm not much of an overclocker so for me the stock clock difference between the 1600x & 2700x is a welcome one,
like you said your 1600 limited @ 3.7 isn't good, that's why I never trust my luck on the silicon lottery, hence going with the X version, The gent who bought my 1600x on the MM said it's happy with an all core 4ghz overclock which isn't bad, :D

A few years back I had a 4770k which only had a 4.1 max overclock so I swapped that for a 4790k which performed better at stock than the 4770k did with the 4.1 overclock & because I got a decent return on the 4770k the upgrade only cost me £30. That lasted me for around 3 years until I moved to the 1600x. The 1600x wasn't any better for gaming but the extra cores mattered with other stuff and now that I'm on the 2700x I'm hoping it'll keep me happy for a few years like the 4790k did.

Associate
You can't see the CPU point there?

I'd describe it as there being no downside for gaming when the CPU is not the bottleneck at the resolution you game at.

I am no enthusiast,know nothing of the inner workings of a cpu etc. But this is the exact point most gamers should take away from this. Bottlenecks,clockspeed's,bickering about brands and minutiae do not matter to most gamers outside tech forums. I think hotwired pretty much sums it all up there.... either will do the job fine :) .

Soldato
I am no enthusiast,know nothing of the inner workings of a cpu etc. But this is the exact point most gamers should take away from this. Bottlenecks,clockspeed's,bickering about brands and minutiae do not matter to most gamers outside tech forums. I think hotwired pretty much sums it all up there.... either will do the job fine :) .

Good post, last sentence the surely comes down to picking the cheapest out of the two if they do the job.

Associate
hi,

I have a 1800X at stock, it struggles to get to 3.8ghz and needs a jump in voltage so i keep at stock., I am disapointed so considering an upgrade to the 2700X, i do use 32gb ram as the system is used as a server and runs 2 VMs and lots of dockers.

Is the 32gb ram likely to cause an issue with ryzen as to limit the cpu clock, is the 2700x a wise upgrade if i bay the 1800X.

Soldato
hi,

I have a 1800X at stock, it struggles to get to 3.8ghz and needs a jump in voltage so i keep at stock., I am disapointed so considering an upgrade to the 2700X, i do use 32gb ram as the system is used as a server and runs 2 VMs and lots of dockers.

Is the 32gb ram likely to cause an issue with ryzen as to limit the cpu clock, is the 2700x a wise upgrade if i bay the 1800X.

I have a 2700x in a CH6 and also run 32gb of 8pack B-die as 4x8gb modules. I ran a [email protected] using the same mobo with the same ram prior to changing to the 2700x.
I have clocked both the cpu and ram and can get an all core stable clock at 4.25Ghz with 1.41Vcore.
If I just set my ram to 3333 and then load the Stilts safe 3333 settings but leave all other settings on Auto, booting into windows gives me an all core clock of 4.125Ghz. Interestingly though, at only 1.312Vcore.
If you have a CH6, you will have no problem running 4 sticks of B-die. As for clocking the cpu itself, if mine is anything to go by, yes it is worth the upgrade for the extra cpu grunt.

Back
Top Bottom