Ryzen 3000 Infinity Fabric Overclocking, and Voltages

Associate
Be careful very tight ram timings caused something to degrade. IF/RAM likely as memtest started restarting but would not see errors.

A2B

A2B

Associate
Not sure if this applies to all boards, but my MSI gives me a warning stating the pci-e 4 will be disabled if soc voltage is set above 1.100v, you still want the link between your CPU and chipset to be PCI-e 4 to get the most bandwidth, even if your using PCI-e 3 devices.

This might be old news (haven't read the whole thread) but on my MSI x570 Tomahawk (WIFI) with latest BIOS that doesn't seem to be true, I just set 1.1125V SOC and PCIe 4 is still active (as seen in GPU-z and validated via 3DMark's PCIe throughput test @ 26.5GB/s).

I was trying to stabilize my IF @ 1900 (SOC on Auto which was 1.1V) which was stable in normal use, but was causing a sudden instant reset in Prime95 (AVX @ 128k) after a few minutes of running fine. It seems to have helped, but too early to be sure.

Last edited:
Soldato
This might be old news (haven't read the whole thread) but on my MSI x570 Tomahawk (WIFI) with latest BIOS that doesn't seem to be true, I just set 1.1125V SOC and PCIe 4 is still active (as seen in GPU-z and validated via 3DMark's PCIe throughput test @ 26.5GB/s).

I was trying to stabilize my IF @ 1900 (SOC on Auto which was 1.1V) which was stable in normal use, but was causing a sudden instant reset in Prime95 (AVX @ 128k) after a few minutes of running fine. It seems to have helped, but too early to be sure.

Yes its very old news and was fixed years ago lol

Back
Top Bottom