RYZEN 3000 - THOSE STRUGGLING TO FIND, LOOK HERE!

Caporegime
The long wait has made me realise I don't need 12 cores at the moment! Saved me nearly £200 in the end.

I'll pick up a reduced 3950x at some point, perhaps when the next generation drops later next year??

Exactly the same here, glad I went 3700X, it's not as hard to cool and is plenty of performance for a year or two.

If I'd waited for a 3900X to have the 3950X imminent in a few weeks I'd have gone for the 3950X so I've saved even more.

Associate
been told by elsewhere that stock is coming on the 6th. no idea if its the same here but hopefully you all wont have to long of a wait :)

Its a shame that every date that's been given so far, both on here and other retailers, have been total BS. The price hikes are just another kick in the teeth.

Associate
I'm slowly buying components for a Ryzen build and have held off the on the motherboard until I feel I can get the Ryzen 3900X. However, I am disappointed by the prices creeping up as we approach a replenishment of stock that's potentially to arrive in the next week or so. £479 was really pushing my limit, but I can justify it as I have remained so long on Intel 5930. I've seen it go to £499 and then £529 as we get closer and it makes me question what is really driving an originally marketed price of £479. Very sad that I shall have to go elsewhere for my components or wait longer for when the price gouging ends.

Soldato
I'm slowly buying components for a Ryzen build and have held off the on the motherboard until I feel I can get the Ryzen 3900X. However, I am disappointed by the prices creeping up as we approach a replenishment of stock that's potentially to arrive in the next week or so. £479 was really pushing my limit, but I can justify it as I have remained so long on Intel 5930. I've seen it go to £499 and then £529 as we get closer and it makes me question what is really driving an originally marketed price of £479. Very sad that I shall have to go elsewhere for my components or wait longer for when the price gouging ends.

Seriously, have you seen the exchange rate this week? This isn't price gouging, it's economics.

Associate
Seriously, have you seen the exchange rate this week? This isn't price gouging, it's economics.

£480 to £530 is a 10.4% increase. The GBP>USD rate since the end of May has been under 1.27 and at the time the prices were increased it was 1.23 which is a 2.6% change. Taking into account taxes, the price due to the new rate should be ~£495, they would also have put in orders before the rate changed so shouldn't affect pricing so soon. Other vendors have also increased prices to varying degrees so the current price each vendor is charging is mostly down to what they have decided given the stock shortage and the high demand.

Back
Top Bottom