RYZEN 3000 - THOSE STRUGGLING TO FIND, LOOK HERE!

Associate
Still no delivery? Getting a bit silly now with no updates and money being taken weeks ago.
They don't want to provide any "realistic" info because lots of people would cancel their orders. I pray that I'm wrong though and hope that we actually get it this week... Getting a bit silly is an understatement at this point.

OcUK Staff
OP
Yep, Gibbo's silence says it all really. AMD truly ***** this launch up.

Yep!

Still trying to get something more concrete, the usual AMD contact is on holiday, the distributors are being given different dates, right now it is total confusion, some saying end of this week still, some saying end of month.........

Associate
Ok, please keep us in the loop and let us know if you learn anything new, even if it's unlikely to be true.

I really wish AMD would get their **** together and sort out this mess with stocks.

Associate
If its end of month I might have to consider an in-stock CPU. Don't want to but it also worries me that I have over £600 worth of hardware untested.

Soldato
Yep, Gibbo's silence says it all really. AMD truly ***** this launch up.
Well that’s not quite true is it...they could have truly messed it up by coming out with an inferior product at a higher price point...but if the product is good enough (which clearly it is) then people like us can afford to wait 2-3 weeks for it to come into stock. It’s not like Intel is turning up the heat by slashing their prices significantly or coming out with something to compete at this level!

Associate
Well that’s not quite true is it...they could have truly messed it up by coming out with an inferior product at a higher price point...but if the product is good enough (which clearly it is) then people like us can afford to wait 2-3 weeks for it to come into stock. It’s not like Intel is turning up the heat by slashing their prices significantly or coming out with something to compete at this level!
Well, that's the point. I already waited 4 weeks and it's still not shipped, while my other components are just sitting there gathering dust. What if one of these new components is defective and I wouldn't be able to return it because the time window has passed? Besides, it's not like I bought the CPU too late. Pretty much everyone that pre-ordered on the release date still didn't get their product. The initial stock that amd provided for this launch is laughable at best. And to top it off, there were no further stock shipments for 4 weeks after the release! While the product may be very good but this paper launch is a bloody joke.

Soldato
Well, that's the point. I already waited 4 weeks and it's still not shipped, while my other components are just sitting there gathering dust. What if one of these new components is defective and I wouldn't be able to return it because the time window has passed? Besides, it's not like I bought the CPU too late. Pretty much everyone that pre-ordered on the release date still didn't get their product. The initial stock that amd provided for this launch is laughable at best. And to top it off, there were no further stock shipments for 4 weeks after the release! While the product may be very good but this paper launch is a bloody joke.

Return the other items and buy them again when the Ryzen has been dispatched. Unlikely the other things will be out of stock later.

Associate
Return the other items and buy them again when the Ryzen has been dispatched. Unlikely the other things will be out of stock later.
This is terribly inconvenient. I'd rather get an Intel CPU that is actually in stock. I'd lose out on productivity but win in gaming. I mean, at this point it's not the question about which is better but which is actually available.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom