RYZEN 3000 - THOSE STRUGGLING TO FIND, LOOK HERE!

Associate
Good to hear you have 3700x's in stock! Do you know how close you are to shipping out all pre orders so far? anxiously waiting for mine to go out!

OcUK Staff
OP
Good to hear you have 3700x's in stock! Do you know how close you are to shipping out all pre orders so far? anxiously waiting for mine to go out!

I’m not in UK, Germany at moment and then onto Spain for a week so no exact idea other than the warehouse is working as hard as they can to ship as many as they can tomorrow, the rest will ship tomorrow as long as nonother items are out of stock on the order.

Associate
I’m not in UK, Germany at moment and then onto Spain for a week so no exact idea other than the warehouse is working as hard as they can to ship as many as they can tomorrow, the rest will ship tomorrow as long as nonother items are out of stock on the order.

No worries, i got confirmation of shipping about an hour after i posted :D looking forward to getting my hands on it!

Associate
Already asked in the customer support form. Even offered to pay more for it but it can't be done . Fairly sure I got next day delivery before with a competitor with DPD.

I am going to chance my arm and go to the depot on Saturday if the parcel arrives in the depot by then.

That's a good idea I might do the same myself.

Associate
@Gibbo

I ordered 3700X at 2pm on 7/7. My missus was at OCUK to collect 8/7 - 10am - Weren't told until 4pm that the shipment came in without the chips earlier that morning - at any point earlier our entire plans would have been different. Instead my missus was told 'it'll be in soon' and offered to go to Bolton (SCAN) to pick up my motherboard while she waited to hopefully get everything together for a build on Monday - but that trip was in vain because we could have just had the free shipping from them instead. So lack of communication cost my missus most of her day off.

Then today, I hear the chips come in, and I take half day off - at 1pm I call OCUK and offer to come collect - but I need to be back in Wolves before 4pm so I need to do a 'drive-by' and pick up at 2pm. "Can't promise it will be ready for collection in an hour" - That sounds BONKERS to me, but ok. So I ask them to change the delivery address to my work for tomorrow just to make sure I have it in my hands within 24 hours. No problem they say, its 2pm, they've already finished packing 150 of the processors and they have 44 left to do. No problem I thought. But come 8pm and there's no delivery confirmation. I couldn't believe it. I ordered at 14:20 on 7/7 - I was in discord with a bunch of lads scouring the site for the processors the moment they came live (the motherboards came first), yet despite being one of the first to order, I get it last.

I've emailed to get this cancelled, I've ordered it from SCAN now. Honestly cannot fathom how bad the communication and flexibility must be for such an awful awful buying experience when I'm willing the bend over backwards to get this thing.

Really REALLY not happy, and you should know. It sounds like you're in a position to sort these problems out.

Associate
Hi there

As for some the sections are not populating you can find product here:

Ryzen 3000 Processors:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pc-components/processors?ckSuppliers=34&sSort=1&ckTab=0

Motherboards:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pc-components/motherboards?sPage=1&sSort=1

NAVI Graphics cards:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pc-components/graphics-cards/amd?sPage=1&sSort=1

Our recommendations:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pc-components/processors/amd/amd-ryzen-3rd-gen

Good luck guys and sorry our site is not populating sections and making it easy for all to find....

Can I take it that those motherboards are all compatible with the new 3900x ?

Associate
help me decide please

my rig is in my sig,

should I change out my 8600k for a 3700x and new MB..or go for a 8700k/9700k (I can get the latter for £340 brand new from ocuk) and use my existing mb ?

I only game nothing else.

Soldato
Personally I would wait for new hardware fever to die down. Bugs to be ironed out and decide then.
Pretty sure AMD and Intel will have a smashing promotion on around black Friday

OcUK Staff
OP
@Gibbo

I ordered 3700X at 2pm on 7/7. My missus was at OCUK to collect 8/7 - 10am - Weren't told until 4pm that the shipment came in without the chips earlier that morning - at any point earlier our entire plans would have been different. Instead my missus was told 'it'll be in soon' and offered to go to Bolton (SCAN) to pick up my motherboard while she waited to hopefully get everything together for a build on Monday - but that trip was in vain because we could have just had the free shipping from them instead. So lack of communication cost my missus most of her day off.

Then today, I hear the chips come in, and I take half day off - at 1pm I call OCUK and offer to come collect - but I need to be back in Wolves before 4pm so I need to do a 'drive-by' and pick up at 2pm. "Can't promise it will be ready for collection in an hour" - That sounds BONKERS to me, but ok. So I ask them to change the delivery address to my work for tomorrow just to make sure I have it in my hands within 24 hours. No problem they say, its 2pm, they've already finished packing 150 of the processors and they have 44 left to do. No problem I thought. But come 8pm and there's no delivery confirmation. I couldn't believe it. I ordered at 14:20 on 7/7 - I was in discord with a bunch of lads scouring the site for the processors the moment they came live (the motherboards came first), yet despite being one of the first to order, I get it last.

I've emailed to get this cancelled, I've ordered it from SCAN now. Honestly cannot fathom how bad the communication and flexibility must be for such an awful awful buying experience when I'm willing the bend over backwards to get this thing.

Really REALLY not happy, and you should know. It sounds like you're in a position to sort these problems out.

First of all why send your wife to collect a processor that was not in stock? Website was pre-order when you ordered and has always being pre-order until yesterday at no time before did our site ever show stock. So to come to collect something that was not in stock was not OcUK’s mistake but your own.

The delivery was expected Monday but for whatever reasons out of our control they never arrived and did not arrive until yesterday and thus the website changed from pre-order to showing in stock, so now would have being more successful in sending your wife or coming yourself to collect the part.

Now onto preparation times yes this could be handled better but at the same time our staff can’t guarantee you and in and out at 2pm because they have no idea how busy the shop will be, yes the warehouse could be more flexible and normally an hour is plenty of time but the problem is guaranteeing a drive by collection it’s simply impossible, what happens if ten customers are queuing and all staff are busy serving they simply cannot rudely stop serving those customers and you’d have to wait and that is why the staff don’t want to promise something they can maybe not deliver on.

I’m sorry your disgruntled but the website was never displaying in stock until yesterday and the staff don’t want to make a promise a fail to deliver in case the retail store is busy which is always impossible to predict.

We’re sorry to lose you as a customer but there is really not much we can do as the staff have really done nothing wrong we do our best to give a personal level of service that you may get from a smaller organisation but simple fact is OcUK is huge processing and shipping thousands of orders per day so sometimes that extra level of personal one to one service is not always possible but we do try our best. :)

Soldato
You can only please one person a day
Today is not that day
Tomorrow doesn't look very good either

Anyway, kudos to everyone at base handling a Sunday launch and something that resembles a paper one at that. As ever, releases never go as planned with shipments, pre-orders, misprices, but seems like the OCUK ship is on a steady heading :D

My 4790k and 1080 are still rocking hard, but I imagine I could be going for a full rebuild come post honeymoon in November (black friday kthxbai)

Associate
So, my 3700X arrived today, but I have some concerns. The outer box was very mangled, and looked like the delivery van had been doing Immelmann turns all morning! The processor box itself also showed signs of rough treatment, although the chip and cooler both - at least externally - look fine.

Honestly, I'm disappointed that such an expensive component wasn't better packed, and it's not what you expect from an enthusiast level retailer. The Haribo made me chuckle, but come on fellas, it's no good if the courier has smashed up the product!

I don't like to moan, but I'm now worried that I may have a damaged CPU on my hands, and no way to test it until at least next week. :(

Caporegime
So, my 3700X arrived today, but I have some concerns. The outer box was very mangled, and looked like the delivery van had been doing Immelmann turns all morning! The processor box itself also showed signs of rough treatment, although the chip and cooler both - at least externally - look fine.

Honestly, I'm disappointed that such an expensive component wasn't better packed, and it's not what you expect from an enthusiast level retailer. The Haribo made me chuckle, but come on fellas, it's no good if the courier has smashed up the product!

I don't like to moan, but I'm now worried that I may have a damaged CPU on my hands, and no way to test it until at least next week. :(
Seems more like the couriers fault than OCUK’s.

@Gibbo Sorry if I’ve missed the info, but how do I claim my 3 months game pass for buying a 3900X please?

Back
Top Bottom