RYZEN 3000 - THOSE STRUGGLING TO FIND, LOOK HERE!

Associate
@Gibbo

I ordered and CPU shipped and just noted listing doesn't have the FOC Xbox pass, is this just site not updated?

They have an advertisement here so i'm guessing it still applies.

Ahh, cool & cheers :) .

Seems this has not being setup on our systems, I’m flying to Germany now so I’ll get the office to look into it I know we have these codes however as I spotted them tonight and wondered what they were for lol.

Drop a message in CS and they send codes out to you just means CS shall be very busy.

Ordered R5 3600 8th July ~15:00, R5 3600 9th July ~16:00 in my dirty mitts :D.

Lazily on 11th July ~14:00 do webnote via site querying Xbox pass, ~17:00 same day "my precious" was in my inbox :D . Thank you Richard L of OCuk CS :) .

Associate
AMD don't release that number, and it'll depend on cooling, voltage delivery, and silicon lottery...
This is what puts me off to be honest, I was on the fence between a 9700k and a 3800x and fdrom all I have read and watched it seems the 9700k is still better for gaming and that's all I want my pc for

Associate
This is what puts me off to be honest, I was on the fence between a 9700k and a 3800x and fdrom all I have read and watched it seems the 9700k is still better for gaming and that's all I want my pc for

Just have to look at the benchmarks for that...

Almost every single game benchmark the 9700K pulls out ahead. But if you do anything else (streaming, video/photo editing, etc) then the Ryzen comes out on top.

Struggling to find overclocked results for the 3800X, everything on 3DMark says the base clock is 3.9Ghz which is stock, rare for people on 3DMark to not push the CPU a bit... But nobody in the UK has gone one yet, and things will change with bios improvements over the coming weeks, it's all a bit up in the air.

Associate
I just realized, all of the top 10 3800X results on 3DMark are running stock clocks on their 3800X's, apart from the dude in 5th who's got a 4.3Ghz all core overclock, which does worse on their CPU Score than stock clocks... Overclocking all cores seems to seriously mess with the single core boost...

Associate

Almost every single game benchmark the 9700K pulls out ahead. But if you do anything else (streaming, video/photo editing, etc) then the Ryzen comes out on top.

Struggling to find overclocked results for the 3800X, everything on 3DMark says the base clock is 3.9Ghz which is stock, rare for people on 3DMark to not push the CPU a bit... But nobody in the UK has gone one yet, and things will change with bios improvements over the coming weeks, it's all a bit up in the air.
See thats just it I primarily play shooters anything else is just Microsoft office and some programming but that's all

Caporegime

Im still trying to find some Lightroom benches as intel are usually ahead in Adobe products.

Puget systems do the best reviews but they've not done LR and Ryzen 2 yet.

Soldato
Soldato
I just realized, all of the top 10 3800X results on 3DMark are running stock clocks on their 3800X's, apart from the dude in 5th who's got a 4.3Ghz all core overclock, which does worse on their CPU Score than stock clocks... Overclocking all cores seems to seriously mess with the single core boost...

it disables the single core boost as it disables xfr.

Soldato
Nice find, thank you :)

Paints a rather impressive picture for the 3900X!

Photoshop benchmarks:
https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/a.../#HowwelldoestheRyzen53600handlevideoediting?
pic_disp.php

DxO test with a Ryzen 9 3900X:
https://news.mynavi.jp/article/20190707-854576/3

graph10.jpg

More Lightroom and PS benchmarks:

https://tweakers.net/reviews/7192/8...d-stoot-intel-van-de-troon-praktijktests.html

Associate
The guy said they don't have a lot of information yet. They are hoping for tomorrow.

Here's to hoping! How far up the list are you?

From.what I gather, the restock shipments are being cut down. Another retailer I've been speaking to said they wouldn't be getting in as many as they expected and would still have a lot of pre-orders that they won't be able to fullfil.

I wish they could be more upfront with the information, a more concrete date would be nice. Failing that, an explanation as to what is going wrong. The stock arrival has been delayed almost constantly since launch

Associate
Here's to hoping! How far up the list are you?

From.what I gather, the restock shipments are being cut down. Another retailer I've been speaking to said they wouldn't be getting in as many as they expected and would still have a lot of pre-orders that they won't be able to fullfil.

I wish they could be more upfront with the information, a more concrete date would be nice. Failing that, an explanation as to what is going wrong. The stock arrival has been delayed almost constantly since launch
I ordered a 3800X on Thursday after cancelling with another provider because Gibbo has said they were getting stock last wekk and were going to have spare but it didn't happen :/

Back
Top Bottom