RYZEN 3000 - THOSE STRUGGLING TO FIND, LOOK HERE!

OcUK Staff
OP
They have an advertisement here so i'm guessing it still applies.

Seems this has not being setup on our systems, I’m flying to Germany now so I’ll get the office to look into it I know we have these codes however as I spotted them tonight and wondered what they were for lol.

Drop a message in CS and they send codes out to you just means CS shall be very busy.

Associate
Seems this has not being setup on our systems, I’m flying to Germany now so I’ll get the office to look into it I know we have these codes however as I spotted them tonight and wondered what they were for lol.

Drop a message in CS and they send codes out to you just means CS shall be very busy.
Cool, I'll do that, thanks!

Associate
Looks like the 3700x stock won't be in until the 12th so looks like I'll have to order an Ryzen 3 1200 to tide me over until then..

Caporegime
could you sort some motherboards compatible out ram thats compatible budget and high end. to suit the new cpus. what needs flashing what can be flashed without cpus etc.

Caporegime
what motherboards work well with new amd cpus. basically older boards . there is many and its not totally clear what works with what cpu.vrms/other issues.
what memory is best to use with said new amd cpus. budget choice and other memory.
what older boards need to be bios flashed and need a cpu or can be flashed without needing a cpu to use. there are many different factors that are not clear.

Associate
what motherboards work well with new amd cpus. basically older boards . there is many and its not totally clear what works with what cpu.vrms/other issues.
what memory is best to use with said new AMD cpus. budget choice and other memory.
what older boards need to be bios flashed and need a cpu or can be flashed without needing a cpu to use. there are many different factors that are not clear.

I've found this spreadsheet pretty useful when trying to work this stuff out:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...IVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818

Gives VRM info and whether it can push the right amps to run each chip at stock / overclocked.

Any DDR4 will work in the boards, but DDR3600 seems to be the most recommended from what I've seen.

Best tool I've found to find good RAM is this:

https://benzhaomin.github.io/bdiefinder/

(Obviously buy through the overclockers links though :D )

Basically anything older than X570 needs a BIOS flash before the Ryzen 3000 chips will work, some people are buying budget Athlon's just to use them to flash bios. Some motherboards will let you flash the BIOS without the CPU, they're marked on the spreadsheet above with "BIOS Flashback (w/o CPU)"

Associate
I guess the only upside of having mh 3700X delayed till the 12th (providing they get enough chips to cover where I may be in the pre-order queue) is that some of the bugs in the BIOS regarding PBO and the Nvidia driver problems (suspected not confirmed) will have hopefully been completely sorted by then

Caporegime
I've found this spreadsheet pretty useful when trying to work this stuff out:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...IVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818

Gives VRM info and whether it can push the right amps to run each chip at stock / overclocked.

Any DDR4 will work in the boards, but DDR3600 seems to be the most recommended from what I've seen.

Best tool I've found to find good RAM is this:

https://benzhaomin.github.io/bdiefinder/

(Obviously buy through the overclockers links though :D )

Basically anything older than X570 needs a BIOS flash before the Ryzen 3000 chips will work, some people are buying budget Athlon's just to use them to flash bios. Some motherboards will let you flash the BIOS without the CPU, they're marked on the spreadsheet above with "BIOS Flashback (w/o CPU)"

cheers will have a look through it. i know some msi boards you can update the bios update with no cpu. like the MSI B450 Carbon Pro AC and the B450 Tomahawk .

some companies are updating the bios on older boards and doing bundles maybe ocuk can do that.

Associate
cheers will have a look through it. i know some msi boards you can update the bios update with no cpu. like the MSI B450 Carbon Pro AC and the B450 Tomahawk .

some companies are updating the bios on older boards and doing bundles maybe ocuk can do that.

Yeah, you wouldn't want to buy either of those boards if you're planning to upgrade to the 3950X in September and overclock it, but they should be capable of running (and OCing) any of the chips that have been released so far. They also both have BIOS flashback so you'd be golden!

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

I’ve just come of the phone with AMD who have done some investigating and though it’s unknown as to why the following is expected to now be with us tomorrow:
300x 3700X which covers all pre orders and leaves some spare.
90x 3800X which again covers all pre orders and leaves some spare

Then on Friday we shall get:
100x 3700X
90x 3800X

I’ve also asked for an update on more 3900X so will update as I find out and don’t call OcUK as it is me who knows the facts and I post them on here as I find out so you hear it from the horses mouth as to speak.

Back
Top Bottom