• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 3900X thread

Associate
I have them covered anyway :)

Easy mode 16Gb 3800 Mem and IF 98.33
Memory settings were CL14.14.14 and tRCDWR at 8 (Half of TCL) at 3800 Mem and IF again totally stable.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArMHGD-yylU7gdsbI0E3tNckc-3nzg?e=Xa01qP

These are all stable with memory at 1.47 V and possibly lower but I am happy with it being below 1.5V so basically cant be asked with fiddling forever. As the Vipers are "B" die and 8 pack is forever saying they are fine to run at 1.5V and warranty is with OCUK I am content.
The "B" die are fine at stupid voltages way above 1.5V but you need to actively cool them and I am not trying to break world records by going that far.
Just as a note the Vipers in Taiphoon show as I think 94% quality which last time I looked was 2% higher than the 8 pack stuff

Who said I have not done other tweaks ?
tRCDWR can be lowered to 8
Although to be honest you can tighten some of them and it runs fine but there is no actual gain to it.
And I like it to be 100% stable because these are my daily driver settings not just for benchmarks.
Nothing worse than playing online games and crashing out due to instability.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have them covered anyway :)

Easy mode 16Gb 3800 Mem and IF 98.33

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArMHGD-yylU7gdsbI0E3tNckc-3nzg?e=Xa01qP

These are all stable with memory at 1.47 V and possibly lower but I am happy with it being below 1.5V so basically cant be asked with fiddling forever.

Who said I have not done other tweaks ?
Although to be honest you can tighten some of them and it runs fine but there is no actual gain to it.
And I like it to be 100% stable because these are my daily driver settings not just for benchmarks.
Nothing worse than playing online games and crashing out due to instability.
My comment was not to you, it was to the person linked on the other forum using 1.55v and upto 1.6 something volts.

Soldato
Main page shows CAD bus block and the symbol is Omega which is a greek letter used to represent Ohms i.e. resistance in electronics. The second page says timings so its another value like your cl16 ect measured in clock cycles. I read another person's experience that setting in his case these timings to 40 from a lower value made it stable (and I never tried setting them to 0). Aslong as I can find the setting in my bios then I'll use it, but a little weary of upping the voltage any father than I already have (set 1.42v and its reported as 1.44v). Some of the naming in the Gigabyte Bios is a little hard to match to the DRAM calculator equivalent. As I said I eventually got a value for VTT set even though the value for VDDIO (which VTT is derived from) is not found in the DRAM calculator, AFAIK.

@Shac how are your heatspreaders holding up? Buildzoid said even though it was top binned samsung b-die the heatspreaders were trash.

Associate
Yea I realised you were referring to the other guy.
As I said above stupid voltages just to try for benchmark numbers which even after that were too slow :)

No problems at all with the heat spreaders and I have used them for a long time now.
I am aware some claim they fall off but if they do I will know cos they will hit a fan blade :)
Who knows maybe they had a bad batch or are sending stupid volts above 1.5 through them.

But even if they do fall off so what? I will use that as an opportunity to make sure they stay put when refitted. For 94% quality ram i am more than willing to refit them if it ever happens.

Soldato
@Shac If I put calculator to dual rank (Memory Rank = 2) it basically puts the FAST timings the same as SLOW for Single Rank.

Dram quality for my 8pack is 92% once I'd imported the typhoon info

Associate
@Inoton

You are using version 1.70 of the Dram calc?

For my Vipers eight results change between dual rank fast and single rank safe.
The options that do change are tighter settings for the dual rank fast option.

Voltages change and termination block settings. So definitely not the same.

Yes the headline CL16.16.16 do all stay the same.

Comparison here between dual rank at FAST and single rank at SAFE.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArMHGD-yylU7gdsclQDYva86AdRI5Q?e=Fay4F8

Edit: Yes i changed 9 to 8 i miscounted:)
Also updated to highlight the values that changed in the comparison.

Last edited:
Soldato
@Inoton

You are using version 1.70 of the Dram calc?

For my Vipers nine results change between dual rank fast and single rank safe.
The options that do change are tighter settings for the dual rank fast option.

Voltages change and termination block settings. So definitely not the same.

Yes the headline CL16.16.16 do all stay the same.

Comparison here.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArMHGD-yylU7gdsclQDYva86AdRI5Q?e=Omzrw8

Thoughts I'd create some "content" lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKDA_JGipA4

Associate
When you enter 4 modules whether they are single rank or dual the motherboards immediately treat them as dual rank.
Save yourself grief trying to tune 4 sticks to single rank settings and use the dual rank settings.

For 2 modules only then of course use the single rank setting.

It may not be what you expect or others say but its tough to argue with my results.

Associate
No if using 4 dimms you enter it as 4 dimms BUT as dual rank.
What are you expecting?
Its about getting it stable and running tight timings
From my experience with 32Gb getting that with 4 modules can be tough.
If you get it running on fast settings with 4 modules feel free to try for CL14.

I can at 3600 with 32GB but not tried yet at 3800.

Soldato
Apparently this is the best test to run (TM5 1usmus_v3 in a .zip file set to 20 cycles):
https://www.overclock.net/forum/13-...membench-0-8-dram-bench-730.html#post28442020
Just downloaded this. Noticed after a few minutes the message about runming as admin. So stopped and attempted to run as Admin and then had my machine tell me it ran into a problem and will restart in 1 min.

What is this virus lol?

I don't think I need another memory test to add to the list...life it too short. But I'll give it a whirl if I see any issue with the current settings or try better timings in the future.

Can you set it to stop after 20 cycles, or do you just let it run?

Back
Top Bottom