• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 5950X low single core scores in Cinebench R15&R20

Associate
This guy here tested for the same thing. Seems to be common result, single score around 610.

He tried different Bioses, Windows update, nothing. Ended up with no answer yet.

Associate
This guy here tested for the same thing. Seems to be common result, single score around 610.

He tried different Bioses, Windows update, nothing. Ended up with no answer yet.

He's using a graphite pad which is worse than paste, we don't know his cooler and his temps are on the toasty side so I think he's just knowledgeable enough to put a YouTube together but not really understand what's going on.

Associate
OP
From my extensive testing nearly one week now, there are few things that stand out:

1. Higher multi core results directly corelate to lower single core.
2. CPU seems to be run hot and boosting lower when temps go above 80c. Looking to build custom water loop now.
3. Undervolting by 0.075v yielded nearly same results.
4. Running at 1800,1900 or 2000IF and 1:1 is no issue. Ram speed and latencies seem quite impressive at max IF of 2000MHz.

IF=1800
E637ZQy.png
IF=1900
Xpsvuz2.png
IF=2000
FOhtylV.png

5. Windows 10 type, version or freshness does not affect performance. Upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise Version 20H2. Exactly same results as Windows 10 PRO Version 1909.

Last edited:
Associate
Could it be too aggressive LLC? Try to set it to maximum vdroop (resulting in higher voltage at low single core load and lower voltage at multicore)

Impressive latency, but what is wrong with the bclk? Why does it show 98.5 in all 3 aida screens?
Is there such thing as drooping bclk under load? Because that would explain lower than expected performance

Associate
OP
Could it be too aggressive LLC? Try to set it to maximum vdroop (resulting in higher voltage at low single core load and lower voltage at multicore)

Impressive latency, but what is wrong with the bclk? Why does it show 98.5 in all 3 aida screens?
Is there such thing as drooping bclk under load? Because that would explain lower than expected performance

Will try the LLC, at the moment are set at max.

Not sure why BCLK is like that, currently is at 100.

Associate
Looks liek an Asus issue. Saw on another forum a user with a Crosshair VIII Formula reporting that when updating to bios 2502 his single threaded performance issues were fixed. His post was from 6 hours ago so assumer this is a latest bios, haven't had time to check as technically working right now

Associate
Some topics around internet popping up that it might be ASUS bios at fault, hopefully it'll be fixed with December update.
I have MSI so no its not just Asus. My single score in R23 is 1605, in R20 my highest was 635 but normally around 625, should be higher.

Associate
From my extensive testing nearly one week now, there are few things that stand out:

2. CPU seems to be run hot and boosting lower when temps go above 80c. Looking to build custom water loop now.
3. Undervolting by 0.075v yielded nearly same results.
4. Running at 1800,1900 or 2000IF and 1:1 is no issue. Ram speed and latencies seem quite impressive at max IF of 2000MHz.

IF=1800
E637ZQy.png
IF=1900
Xpsvuz2.png
IF=2000
FOhtylV.png

5. Windows 10 type, version or freshness does not affect performance. Upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise Version 20H2. Exactly same results as Windows 10 PRO Version 1909.

Have you tested latency for all they IF speeds with a manual OC (locked clocks), should see them go lower.

Associate
I have MSI so no its not just Asus. My single score in R23 is 1605, in R20 my highest was 635 but normally around 625, should be higher.

if you have any background apps runnig that will easily knock off 10 points and try running as admin and with elevated priority (sometimes High or Realtime works best)

Close all background apps, all windows services that you can etc (windows update, disable realtime virus protetion in settings etc)

The difference between 635 and 645 is nothing and you should hardly worry about it

Associate
I'm getting sub 10k in R20 multi thread on a 5950x x570 aorus extreme 3800 cl16 with a h115i AIO. Have I just lost the silicon lottery or is there something I can do about it. PBO is is set to auto.

Associate
jMh7Jmk

Added r20 screenshot. Would really appreciate some help on this. Waited an age for the chip and then it's performance is terrible

Soldato
The review samples getting 640-650 were just mega binned for single thread. Also nobody is getting retail cpus that can do that. I have both 5600 and 5900x and neither can do 5.1 single core on stock like some review samples were doing.

Back
Top Bottom