• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 7000 SERIES NOW AVAILABLE & IN STOCK !!

Just picked up a 7900X and AsRock Steel Legend, got some DDR5-6400 CL32 to go with it.
Happy to pay the early adopter tax as it's been a full decade since my current build:

i7 3930k / Sabertooth X79 / 16GB DDR3-1866 CL8

Got a 2070 Super in there for another year or so then I'll probably pick up an RDNA4 / RTX 5000 series.

@Gibbo are you expecting to see Raptor Lake increase in price after the GBP slide?

Raptor lake current prices are based on a rate of 1.08 so those are OK for now.

Pound has already gone down by the time prices were put up, so can't imagine that should be the case.

Our Ryzen 7000 series was booked in over a week ago before pound slid, which I already mentioned in this thread.
The 7950X will go up to £819 based on new buy in, which is pretty much what competitors are already at.

This is just a polite warning that the price will move, giving people a heads up.

Last edited:
I'm still seeing 598?
Other places I've seen it increase from 589 --> 624
yeah my bad, i saw it more at a different etailer, so i thought ocuk slashed the prices
having a look back at gibbo's posts it appears to be the same prices as they launched (i removed my edit)

this is a terrible wet blanket launch with minimal to little consumer interest in comparison to the ryzen 3x and 5x series launch

I mean, I'm interested. Ryzen 7000s look to be blazing fast, and I could do with an upgrade to 64gb memory. I had been inclined to buy a 7700X on launch, and they'd probably be major upgrades for many people who were considering something new.

But I don't really want to pay £1500+ for CPU+MB+memory. My need to upgrade isn't that large. Have to give it a few months and see if it settles down to something sensible. It's currently feeling like the GPU shortage all over again :(

@Gibbo As a company, do you ever hedge the market to protect against some of this - giving you more of a middle ground?

If done correctly, this really could have the potential to give you a decent price advantage over other market rivals.

Last edited:
I mean, I'm interested. Ryzen 7000s look to be blazing fast, and I could do with an upgrade to 64gb memory. I had been inclined to buy a 7700X on launch, and they'd probably be major upgrades for many people who were considering something new.

But I don't really want to pay £1500+ for CPU+MB+memory. My need to upgrade isn't that large. Have to give it a few months and see if it settles down to something sensible. It's currently feeling like the GPU shortage all over again :(
No its not the same.. we have the CPUs supply this time its the monetary policy of the current goverment and the dollar rate thats causing the price increase as we cant be confident day on day of buying at a certain price... As Gibbo say old stock booked and paid before this drop in the pound.

No its not the same.. we have the CPUs supply this time its the monetary policy of the current goverment and the dollar rate thats causing the price increase as we cant be confident day on day of buying at a certain price... As Gibbo say old stock booked and paid before this drop in the pound.

Nice to see you back on the forums Ian, hope you are keeping well mate. Could you ask the people that maintain the forums to stick back the Ask 8 Pack section back please ? Was a really good section, I can't seem to find it if it's still about and if you are willing to still add to it.. Thanks

Last edited:
I mean, I'm interested.
yes, but not interested enough to splash out the cash, which is probably what most of us are feeling/thinking
compare this to the launch of previous ryzens where there were literally 100s on and couldn't keep up with the postings/updates

@Gibbo As a company, do you ever hedge the market to protect against some of this - giving you more of a middle ground?

If done correctly, this really could have the potential to give you a decent price advantage over other market rivals.

What the finance director does is completely down to him, I just buy the product, when it comes to paying if were paying with hedged funds or a live rate is out of my hands.

As such the best tendency that a lot do is simply update USD prices on a daily basis, were holding off on that present until high price stock lands or the rate shifts too fast.

The 7700X seems a significant step up from the 5800X. If it weren't for the new socket I'd consider it. Instead I am hoping 5900X (0r 5950X) prices drop so I can grab one of those and spend less time rendering 3D models

I swear I'm a right thread whore at the moment. If I was to go down the 7950x route to try and future proof myself a bit (upgrades) I'm thinking either
or

I'm after 64GB of RAM, what ram would you recommend? Do I even need EXPO? Also, happy to take mother board recommendations if anyone has any.

Last edited:
What the finance director does is completely down to him, I just buy the product, when it comes to paying if were paying with hedged funds or a live rate is out of my hands.

As such the best tendency that a lot do is simply update USD prices on a daily basis, were holding off on that present until high price stock lands or the rate shifts too fast.
Understand

I swear I'm a right thread whore at the moment. If I was to go down the 7950x route to try and future proof myself a bit (upgrades) I'm thinking either
or

I'm after 64GB of RAM, what ram would you recommend? Do I even need EXPO? Also, happy to take mother board recommendations if anyone has any.
Crosshair X670E Hero (second one) looks good to me and is the one I will likely get.

AMD EXPO will come with the memory timings, frequency and voltage pre-set via a selectable profile in the BIOS. It might even have different levels of performance with differnt speeds/timings/profliles.

AMD EXPO is not necessary and most kits should work just fine, I do recommend you verify the kit you buy via the motherboard QVL just to be sure that its been validated first.

However AMD EXPO can be a 'plug and play' tuned memory overclock so if you don't want to spend time tuning it yourself it will be beneficail and will save you time and hassle setting up the memory overclock, timings and voltage yourself.

Last edited:
Crosshair X670E Hero (second one) looks good to me and is the one I will likely get.

AMD EXPO will come with the memory timings, frequency and voltage pre-set via a selectable profile in the BIOS. It might even have different levels of performance with differnt speeds/timings/profliles.

AMD EXPO is not necessary and most kits should work just fine, I do recommend you verify the kit you buy via the motherboard QVL just to be sure that its been validated first.

However AMD EXPO can be a 'plug and play' tuned memory overclock so if you don't want to spend time tuning it yourself it will be beneficail and will save you time and hassle setting up the memory overclock, timings and voltage yourself.
Awesome mate, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom