• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 7000 SERIES NOW AVAILABLE & IN STOCK !!

I wonder how it will all sell - a lot of people probably bought the last generation Ryzen because it was such a strong upgrade - and probably can't face doing the whole new motherboard change out - esp as mostly gaming is down to gfx anyway as long as you've got a half decent cpu.

Undervolting is actually pretty good. And it's easy.

It's looking like the 7700x is the best option for gaming. All you do is use PBO2 to set Curve Optimizer Magnitude (offset) to either -15 or -30. Not only will that lower temps but improve performance. Or you can add lowering Platform Thermal Throttle Limit by 10 degrees (or so also found within PBO2) and and call it a day.

The other option is a bit more involved though. Set Curve Optimizer Magnitude (offset) to either -15 or -30 and set the power limit using PBO Limits: Manual > lower power limit. Although the latter simply lowers temps and keeps your performance at stock. The former will increase performance.

Last edited:
The hit to the wallet is just not worth it, not only are the CPU + motherboard + RAM combo pretty mega expensive, GPU's are also off the wall insane in price too.

And I have nothing that cannot be played with the hardware I already own.

If we had quality retailers like they do in the USA they would be awesome, one of them is giving away 32GB (2x 16GB) DDR5 5600MT/s with any Ryzen 7xxx ( 7 or 9) purchased.

Doubt anyone in the UK will do that though. :(

If sales suck AMD might sanction it.

By sanction I assume you mean pay for it. There is nothing needing to be sanctioned if a retailer wants to give away product to generate foot fall etc. Don't forget the entire PC industry across the board is the worst decline it has ever seen in 2022, not just enthusiast, everything.

Big US retailers can take the hit, likes of ocuk is doubtful, would need support from AMD.

Will given that OCUK had over £90m revenue in 2021 with 15.7% gross margin, I am sure they could afford it if they wanted to.

Previous year was £55m at 11%, so they did well from the mining boom and COVID.

Last edited:
Ive been building computers for 30 years. How on earth can a motherboard cost £650? I can't even see any new or special features other than the socket and PCIE5

Intel networking?

IC costs are through the roof right now. I’ve had to resort to cannibalising parts from old PCB’s for some projects.

Last edited:
The IHS of the 7950x looks cool, but I am worried if I apply to much thermal grease to it, if it overflows and goes down on to the chip/circuit board at the side is that ok?

Sweet mate, I hope you enjoy your games.

I’ve finished unplugging two PCs and a kind of complex stream setup and nearly got all the cables where I want them ready to start my build tomorrow.

Is there any must have things I need for AMD or will they come with the motherboard software?

Back
Top Bottom