• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7950X3D, 7900X3D, 7800X3D

Will you be purchasing the 7800X3D on the 6th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok nice thanks well it's Corsair c36 6000mhz kit the 32gb I use expo on auto setting at 6000mhz speed rest of the stuff is the CPU 7950x3d, MSI x670e tomahawk, 4090 gaming trio x MSI if any of that helps lol oh and Arctic freezer II 360MM
I see no Zen timings screenshot. ;)

Could you share your exact settings? This result is crazy to me.
The settings should be visible in the screenshot. Unless there is something else you are referring to?

My 7950X3D installed and running sweet for a couple of weeks now ... However I am about to post a question about it and similar CPU onboard graphics.

Just finished my upgrade from 5800x and b550 to a 7950x3d and b650. Everything seems fine when I had a quick black of Warzone 2 the performance didnt seem any different, just watched a couple of videos and seems I may have to disabled the 2nd ccd to get a boost in perfomance is this right? Do I have to do it via bios or is there any software for this, been quote some time since i've done much tinkering with bios etc. On the plus side I was dreading having to redo some of my hardline water pipes but fortunately the sockets seemed to be in almost the exact same location so the pipes lined up as before :)

Just finished my upgrade from 5800x and b550 to a 7950x3d and b650. Everything seems fine when I had a quick black of Warzone 2 the performance didnt seem any different, just watched a couple of videos and seems I may have to disabled the 2nd ccd to get a boost in perfomance is this right? Do I have to do it via bios or is there any software for this, been quote some time since i've done much tinkering with bios etc. On the plus side I was dreading having to redo some of my hardline water pipes but fortunately the sockets seemed to be in almost the exact same location so the pipes lined up as before :)
I think you just need to install xbox game bar

@HappySheep posted a score on overclock.net of 261 but with a 7800X3D so not far off mine. :)
I have seen also. Very good score.

Do you have any tips for debloating windows? Everyone I’m asking is saying to use certain download things which I’d rather stay clear. Is there anything you recommend removing other than the main usual things?

Also have you gone any updated benchmarks on MW2 since the update?

Just switched to a 7800X3D from ~20 years of Intel. When I install the AMD chipset drivers it's installing the PPM and v-cache optimization drivers with it: are these actually needed on a single CCD model like the 7800?

Just switched to a 7800X3D from ~20 years of Intel. When I install the AMD chipset drivers it's installing the PPM and v-cache optimization drivers with it: are these actually needed on a single CCD model like the 7800?

I would have thought certainly vcache.

It's probably got a "If CPU = 7800X3D, watch TV" line in it, so I wouldn't worry unless you get performance problems.

No, please never ever listen to anyone who tells you to disable a second CCD.
Have you changed any BIOS options relating to the VCache? For example, the CPPC setting? The chipset package will install the correct packages, unless you’ve set incorrect BIOS settings.

No, please never ever listen to anyone who tells you to disable a second CCD.

Have you changed any BIOS options relating to the VCache? For example, the CPPC setting? The chipset package will install the correct packages, unless you’ve set incorrect BIOS settings.
I've not touched anything in the BIOS except for switching on EXPO and disabling the iGPU. I've only had Intel for so long, I don't really know what I'm doing with AMD so have left it all at default... Everything seems to be running fine without those drivers installed though.

I've not touched anything in the BIOS except for switching on EXPO and disabling the iGPU. I've only had Intel for so long, I don't really know what I'm doing with AMD so have left it all at default... Everything seems to be running fine without those drivers installed though.
Install the AMD Chipset drivers. Use the Windows Balanced Power Profile. Update Windows Game Bar via the Microsoft Store app, you may need to run the store updates twice back to back the first time you do it. Periodically check for Game Bar and Chipset driver updates. That's all you need to do and everything will work fine.

If you haven't done some of that already, get it done now. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom