• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN DDR4 MEMORY, WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW!

Associate
Both sound extremely low tbh. Anything running in background?

I'm on a 1600 btw. Closed hwinfo and got 1277.

Memory settings in bios
xml
Mem multiplier
Men frequency
Timing mode
Ddr voltage
Channel interleaving
Rank interleaving

Channel a sub timings
Channel b sub timings

Then in voltage settings there is

Dram voltage
Ddrvpp voltage
Dram termination

Associate
Hmm strangely I turned off DCOP. Put 32 multiplier and 1.4v. It boots but shows 1463mhz in cpu z

Edit: now I try and load from the profile I made before I changed anything and I'm back in the recovery loop...

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah I know. That's why I thought it was weird. It seemed like it was booting fine but ignored the 32 multiplier.
I think possibly the 29.3 is the highest this board allows without DCOP
Scrap that, the manual says 2667...

Soldato
Yeah I know. That's why I thought it was weird. It seemed like it was booting fine but ignored the 32 multiplier.
I think possibly the 29.3 is the highest this board allows without DCOP
Scrap that, the manual says 2667...

For what its worth none of the gigabytes seem very good at the moment. In fact none of them are, the ch6 and taichi are just the best of a bad bunch.
I've told my Mrs, never let me buy a new platform on release date again.

Soldato
I and thousands of others hope so lol. My Gskill is in the post getting sent back on an RMA in the meantime I'm using some corsair led 3000 that can boot at 2933 but is unstable at anything above 2400 and my goodness is it noticable.
Just playing a few rounds of overwatch and usually I have a locked 154 fps. This was dropping into the 90's at times, it just can't feed the CPU fast enough.

Permabanned
Brand new. Thing is they work fine, it only came to light that something was wrong using AIDA benchmark. When comparing to others my score was really low. And a lot lower than some corsair costing half the price!
I'm hoping thats the reason for my inconsistent overclock stress tests, one day it will pass and then fail the next.

Do they pay sick pay? Out of curiosity what happened to your foot?
Was doing my daily running and bad step/twist pulled tendon. So was walking at work on heel avoiding using forefoot and that ended with second contusion in same foot. So from small one went in to big one cause had people off on holidays/sick in our small department no one to cover my roubds.
Today whole department is screwed. Out of 6 people 4 are not in. On top of that my xar battery packed up so could not get to work anyway :/ and new battery arrived today. To my work place.....

Last edited:
Associate
The wait for Asus to produce the next bios following the AGESA update is killing me! I just want to get this thing running as it should! I keep checking loads of threads and sites, wearing out the refresh button :D:confused: :)

Soldato
Folks, dumbass question; is it impractical/impossible to run 32gb at 3000mhz (or more) with Ryzen? If so, is the situation likely to improve later?

Soldato
Hard to say. I am sure I read someone in here had 64Gb at 2933.... whereas I can't get my 64gb over 2400.

We are at the mercy of AMD and board manufacturers.

I'm sure I'd have more luck if I could run above 2400 using 2t rather than 1t, but as yet, only crosshair users have that option right now.

There's still a lot of basic funcitonality that needs to make it's way to a lot of boards.

Associate
I and thousands of others hope so lol. My Gskill is in the post getting sent back on an RMA in the meantime I'm using some corsair led 3000 that can boot at 2933 but is unstable at anything above 2400 and my goodness is it noticable.
Just playing a few rounds of overwatch and usually I have a locked 154 fps. This was dropping into the 90's at times, it just can't feed the CPU fast enough.

I've just been using the Thaiphoon program linked here https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/62vp2g/clearing_up_any_samsung_bdie_confusion_eg_on/
Comparing my Ram to the 3200C14 stuff, everything is identical, so it's quite strange I'm unable to get mine to run at 3200.

http://imgur.com/a/aVaWo there's mine.

Soldato
I've just been using the Thaiphoon program linked here https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/62vp2g/clearing_up_any_samsung_bdie_confusion_eg_on/
Comparing my Ram to the 3200C14 stuff, everything is identical, so it's quite strange I'm unable to get mine to run at 3200.

http://imgur.com/a/aVaWo there's mine.

There's a user on here and ocn has same kit of ram and same mobo, one 1700 can hit 3200 the other only 2933. The only difference is CPU, this may be fixed with updates but it seems the limiting factor at the moment is the CPU itself. Mine for instance can do 3200 but only in the divider. Any time i increase the bclk to more than 102 it refuses to boot.

Associate
There's a user on here and ocn has same kit of ram and same mobo, one 1700 can hit 3200 the other only 2933. The only difference is CPU, this may be fixed with updates but it seems the limiting factor at the moment is the CPU itself. Mine for instance can do 3200 but only in the divider. Any time i increase the bclk to more than 102 it refuses to boot.
Oh wow, that sucks :(

Soldato
I have Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B32 and it is fine at 2933 but won't boot at 3200 on a ROG crosshair vi. Only just built the pc today so will have a better look when I get time. I am assuming eventually the BIOS and microcode will improve further.

Associate
I have Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B32 and it is fine at 2933 but won't boot at 3200 on a ROG crosshair vi. Only just built the pc today so will have a better look when I get time. I am assuming eventually the BIOS and microcode will improve further.

That would be the best choice of memory for me if I upgrade (I'd like low profile RAM so that I can utilise my existing air cooler). From what I've read, Corsair LPX is not a good choice for fast memory speeds on most AM4 motherboards.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom