• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN DDR4 MEMORY, WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW!

Associate
I've turned my fans around on my AIO so they suck in......MUCH cooler! I think I have a stable 3.97 which idles at about 30 degrees. Load is now about 65.

Had trouble with fans being detected by fanXpert correctly though - literally took a couple of hours of running that calibration I don't know how many times until it worked!

Now more testing!

Soldato
I've turned my fans around on my AIO so they suck in......MUCH cooler! I think I have a stable 3.97 which idles at about 30 degrees. Load is now about 65.

Had trouble with fans being detected by fanXpert correctly though - literally took a couple of hours of running that calibration I don't know how many times until it worked!

Now more testing!

What voltages are you using for that?

Associate
I'm using an offset of 0.0185 for CPU with 110% current, LLC1 and optimized phase - but I have just had a black screen incident :( not even under load.....
SoC is at 0.08125 offset LLC2 though keep meaning to drop that to LLC1 since given up getting ram any faster on this bios.

Soldato
Hi all, WWOcUKD?

I have upgraded to Ryzen (1700 & Taichi), and currently have 16Gb of G.Skill Ripjaws V (F4-3200C16D-16GVK) in my machine. I have clocked the CPU to 3.9GHz and it sits happily at 1.35v, but after a fair bit of tinkering I can't get the RAM any faster than 2133Mhz.

I have tried to use the XMP 2.0 profile which doesn't work, and also tried manually setting speed and timings. No matter what I do the machine will boot loop and go back to stock DDR4 speeds. I am aware there will be a microcode update in May, but i am toying with the idea of sending the RAM back for a refund and getting some new stuff, only because I'd rather be able to send it back and not have to flog it for less and get better stuff in the process.

I have read that the Trident Z kits work well, and i'm looking at some of the standard colour and RGB kits rated 3200 and over (as they're just binned differently right?) as some of the faster stuff isn't much more expensive.

I've also seen some of you guys recommending a couple of TeamGroup kits too, the Dark Pro stuff?

Cheers,
Tom

Soldato
Hi all, WWOcUKD?

I have upgraded to Ryzen (1700 & Taichi), and currently have 16Gb of G.Skill Ripjaws V (F4-3200C16D-16GVK) in my machine. I have clocked the CPU to 3.9GHz and it sits happily at 1.35v, but after a fair bit of tinkering I can't get the RAM any faster than 2133Mhz.

Cheers,
Tom

Tom, I am using 3200 C14 Ripjaws V in my CH6 motherboard. I have the advantage I suppose of a bios which supports 2T ram timings. I use Vram of 1.37V, timings of 16-16-16-36, SOC voltage 1.12 and get 3200MHz stable.

The trident Z is better although I have no personal experience. If I went that direction, I may be tempted to try 3600 or 3733 C18 over the 3200 depending on price.

Soldato
Hi all, WWOcUKD?

I have tried to use the XMP 2.0 profile which doesn't work, and also tried manually setting speed and timings. No matter what I do the machine will boot loop and go back to stock DDR4 speeds. I am aware there will be a microcode update in May, but i am toying with the idea of sending the RAM back for a refund and getting some new stuff, only because I'd rather be able to send it back and not have to flog it for less and get better stuff in the process.

I have read that the Trident Z kits work well, and i'm looking at some of the standard colour and RGB kits rated 3200 and over (as they're just binned differently right?) as some of the faster stuff isn't much more expensive.

I've also seen some of you guys recommending a couple of TeamGroup kits too, the Dark Pro stuff?

Cheers,
Tom

I see no reason why that wouldn't be running at its rated speed. Or at the very least 2666. Try putting the CPU at stock and then try increasing ram speeds. You may have an IMC that cannot handle higher speeds aswell as a CPU overclock as high as that.

Soldato
I see no reason why that wouldn't be running at its rated speed. Or at the very least 2666. Try putting the CPU at stock and then try increasing ram speeds. You may have an IMC that cannot handle higher speeds aswell as a CPU overclock as high as that.

I'm pretty sure that when I got everything booted up and flashed the board to the latest firmware I tried the XMP profile as the first thing I did, before touching the CPU and it didn't work then. I will try and have a play tonight, set the CPU back to stock and try to push the RAM.

When you say about the IMC, you mean that I could potentially have a poor chip?

Cheers!

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Try upping the SOC voltage to 1.1V and start at 2400MHz and work up. Many people find that getting 2933MHz isn't that bad, but 3200MHz is often a bridge too far unless you have one of the specific working memory sets.

Soldato
I'm pretty sure that when I got everything booted up and flashed the board to the latest firmware I tried the XMP profile as the first thing I did, before touching the CPU and it didn't work then. I will try and have a play tonight, set the CPU back to stock and try to push the RAM.

When you say about the IMC, you mean that I could potentially have a poor chip?

Cheers!

Ignore xmp set the timings manually and try that. The IMC is the memory controller, if this is weak then you won't be able to hit high ram speeds there is correlation between CPU overclock and ram speeds, some CPUs cannot hit max speeds on both at the same time.

Associate
How much SOC voltage have you tried?

For 2x8GB 3200, mine likes around 0.98v, for 3400 around 1.13v

Mine is 0.912 so I might try pushing it up for 3200, but I have the hynix so thought I'd wait for bios update. My ram will not work if I don't turn on DOCP though - whatever settings I put in. Will report back on ram.

CPU stable at 3.97 now with voltage occasionally hitting 1.406. I'm using an offset but might try just setting it higher to try avoiding those spikes. Just got 141,000 on realbench.

Soldato
So ram is a no go at 3200 - even with 1.1 on the SoC, so I guess I have to wait :( no surprised with my hynix chips though....

Having an issue with hynix myself at the moment. I can boot at 3200 and pass any memory checking programs out there. But I get sporadic hard crashes not matter the speed or setting. Annoying!

Soldato
I've got an ASUS Crosshair 6 Hero.

My system on the latest bios will flat out refuse to post past 2660. If I change either BLCK the PC will refuse to post, if I select even 2900 it'll boot but go back to 2.1

Ive got Corsair Platinum Dominator 3000Mhz 2x16GB Kit.

I've seen over people get the same ram posting faster on my board! Nowhere seems to have guides etc on how to get it working!

Try 2933 with super loose timings like 30-30-30-60 if that boots reboot and lower them, use an even number for first timing as ryzen doesn't like odd numbers for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom