• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN DDR4 MEMORY, WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW!

Soldato
Nope! Not even stable enough to do 1 cinebench run. Even with the CPU at stock, so at least to me it does not look like an IMC issue.
Back to 3.9 3200mhz CL14. Not that I can grumble at that.
AMD have stated more memory multipliers are coming so there is still hope :)

How are you finding the crosshair?

Oh, it's bliss!

It's been so easy getting things where I want them.

No regrets on buying it so far.

Soldato
Is that you over on ocn with 64gb 3000mhz?
Going to try again tomorrow with a higher strap, was using 2666 on that attempt.

Yeah, I'm sharing the joy :)

I'm not fiddling any more for a while now.

Will see what they next AGESA updates bring and if worthwhile will upgrade to that.

Otherwise, unless I run in to issues, happy to leave it where it is for now.

Soldato
Yeah, I'm sharing the joy :)

I'm not fiddling any more for a while now.

Will see what they next AGESA updates bring and if worthwhile will upgrade to that.

Otherwise, unless I run in to issues, happy to leave it where it is for now.

Glad to hear it's where you want it.
Any plans for pro board?
I'm tempted to make another system with the MSI I have.

Soldato
I'll sell it I think - I would have given it to the other half, but with how customised flight sim is on there, don't think he'd want to be starting that from scratch.

Can't believe have been through three boards now.

It's a shame really, as I do think the Pro ws a really good board. The ram support just isn't there for 64gb

Soldato
Using the 2933 strap to hit 3600 failed. Using any sort of bclk increase is a no go if I want decent timings.
Now at 3200 14-13-13-34 3.9ghz.
Not messing anymore until next agesa update.

Soldato
as I mentioned in the motherboard thread - I fiddled! I wont' be doing so again if it's stable now - Wasted an hour of my day and don't have the time to waste :(

Soldato
I'll sell it I think - I would have given it to the other half, but with how customised flight sim is on there, don't think he'd want to be starting that from scratch.

Can't believe have been through three boards now.

It's a shame really, as I do think the Pro ws a really good board. The ram support just isn't there for 64gb

Is the prime pro bad for 64Gb memory?
I've done little to none on benchmarking or tinkering (as I've had a lot of software/os work to do) but my prime pro is running:
CPU at 3.8
64Gb Team Group: 2993 (very loose timings)
Win 10 and Linux have seemed issue free...

Soldato
Is the prime pro bad for 64Gb memory?
I've done little to none on benchmarking or tinkering (as I've had a lot of software/os work to do) but my prime pro is running:
CPU at 3.8
64Gb Team Group: 2993 (very loose timings)
Win 10 and Linux have seemed issue free...

He had hynix thats why the poor results on the prime pro.
You have samsung which fare much better.

Soldato
He had hynix thats why the poor results on the prime pro.
You have samsung which fare much better.

Aha cheers for clearling that up.
I have seen that (samsung/others) mentioned as an issue before (along with Dual and Single rank?) in which case I probably owe 8pack a beer for the tip.
Shame that stability is not better, as memory issues are something I wouldn't have had time for either.

Soldato
Aha cheers for clearling that up.
I have seen that (samsung/others) mentioned as an issue before (along with Dual and Single rank?) in which case I probably owe 8pack a beer for the tip.
Shame that stability is not better, as memory issues are something I wouldn't have had time for either.

Thats correct yes, samsung single rank is the way to go for best speeds.
There is a big update coming in May which clear this memory mess up.

Associate
Ah ok thanks, so in the tweaker you set to manual, then change bclk and in pstates it should calculate based on selected ratio there?

Cool, booted at 3200 4x8gb 18-16-16, now just need to do some testing and see if I can get more if stable at all.

Last edited:
Associate
Not me....but have thought about it.....AMD say it's the best way to find ram OC - as opposed to changing it in the bios and rebooting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZgpHTaQ10k

I just worry about getting into some bad situation where I can't even boot, haha. Prob wouldn't happen, and it might be the way for those of us that have kits that SHOULD be running at 3200mhz but are stuck at 2933mhz to get that last bit.

Associate
I just worry about getting into some bad situation where I can't even boot, haha. Prob wouldn't happen, and it might be the way for those of us that have kits that SHOULD be running at 3200mhz but are stuck at 2933mhz to get that last bit.
It's an interesting point that may warrant some investigation. Ryzen Master applies its settings at boot I would imagine.....I think that's what he says in the video. I do wonder if most of the problem is being caused by the boot voltage not being there....you might have given me something to do this afternoon lol

Back
Top Bottom