S.T.A.L.K.E.R - Lost Alpha

Caporegime
Unfortunately, getting AA to work effectively in stalker is not easy, at least in my experience anyway. As far as I know, AA is hard coded to the engine, making it more difficult to get working the way you want. The only game out of the three that I found to be the exception was Clear Sky (when you selected x4 AA in the menu you got just that). My advice would be to contact Dezowave directly on their forum. Let us know how you get on.

Soldato
Unfortunately, getting AA to work effectively in stalker is not easy, at least in my experience anyway. As far as I know, AA is hard coded to the engine, making it more difficult to get working the way you want. The only game out of the three that I found to be the exception was Clear Sky (when you selected x4 AA in the menu you got just that). My advice would be to contact Dezowave directly on their forum. Let us know how you get on.

Yeah I've had a search through there, and some people seem to have had luck with msaa, but not me. STALKER has always been weird - it's like the game corrupts the user.ltx file. One minute it's fine, then the next time you load it it's jaggy again, where it seems to stay. I might just try deleting my ltx file and starting again. I remember spending hours tweaking it but I'm a bit reluctant to as I fear the game is going to bug out later.

Caporegime
STALKER has always been weird - it's like the game corrupts the user.ltx file. One minute it's fine, then the next time you load it it's jaggy again, where it seems to stay.

I know exactly what you mean.

I'd still recommend contacting them by email or forum, though. That way you can receive a definitive answer. :)

Soldato
Are people still enjoying this then? Will I be slated for thinking this game is actually too big? In terms of area size, somewhere in between SoC and this would be ideal - in LA there is a lot of a open areas that don't do anything but make you walk further, espcially near the map change areas.

Caporegime
I occasionally look at the LA page on moddb to see if there's a new update; I don't want to play it until another patch is produced (the AI was more or less non-existent in my experience). Whoever leaked this before time deserves a custard pie to the face. :D

Associate
I occasionally look at the LA page on moddb to see if there's a new update; I don't want to play it until another patch is produced (the AI was more or less non-existent in my experience). Whoever leaked this before time deserves a custard pie to the face. :D
I think there was a v1.3002 patch in works. Read about it somewhere, which will address the random crashes, some missions (talk to greben and some others), enhanced textures.
might be this (cant open at work): http://www.dezowave.com/lost_alpha_patch_changelog_v1.3002.txt
Downside is that you will have to start all over again. Old save games wouldnt work with this patch.

Caporegime
Thanks. :)

Yeah, there is a patch being worked on, though I don't know when it's due for release. It doesn't matter to me as I'm in no hurry.

Soldato
Thanks. :)

Yeah, there is a patch being worked on, though I don't know when it's due for release. It doesn't matter to me as I'm in no hurry.

Tis a shame, as STALKER is the kind of game that I love to play, but it isn't really that dynamic when you compare it you Skyrim. It always seems to play the same. LA has been pretty stable so far - biggest annoyance is getting FSAA to work, but that's the XRay engine's fault.

Associate
Caporegime
Good news. I'll try this out later today. Cheers for the heads up. :)

I hope they've fixed the AI issue; that was the only problem I encountered. Quite a noticeable issue though. :D

Last edited:
Associate
Have seen that before with mods for stalker, maybe sgm or misery, don't remember exactly which one though. Didn't get that with this patch though mate, did have some directx and xvid updates with it though.

Caporegime
Maybe it never did request a fov selection the first time (pre-patch), and I just forgot. :D Like you say, some mods ask for a number, while others don't have that option. This looks to be around 65 - 70. I can live with that.

Back
Top Bottom