S2000 owners thread. 9,000rpm of goodness in here.

Cheers! It's not bad just something I'd noticed here and there!

Exhaust looks good, will fit next week

PXL-20240906-121838814.jpg

PXL-20240906-121916960.jpg

It's on! Garage round the corner popped it on free of charge, we help eachother out here and there through work!

Looks good! Not driven it really only from there back to work (around the corner) but has a nice tone to It :)

I may adjust the fit a bit, looks like one of the tail pieces needs to be rotated a bit, but otherwise happy so far!

PXL-20240909-090111358.jpg

I've done less than a mile ;) will certainly report back when I go for a long drive. Only been on the motorway once, when I bought/picked the car up!

I must admit I'm not really sure what "Drone" is but if something obvious sticks out, I'll soon know :D
Annoying “hum” in the background at motorway speeds. S2ks suffer with it on a lot of exhaust systems but Miltek is so sensible that I’ll be surprised if it has any.

Annoying “hum” in the background at motorway speeds. S2ks suffer with it on a lot of exhaust systems but Miltek is so sensible that I’ll be surprised if it has any.

:P

That's me, sensible/boring ;)

So far it's actually louder than I was expecting, not in a bad way.

I'll run it through its paces asap.

Do exhausts have an element of "Run in" to reach their full potential?

:P

That's me, sensible/boring ;)

So far it's actually louder than I was expecting, not in a bad way.

I'll run it through its paces asap.

Do exhausts have an element of "Run in" to reach their full potential?
yeah, once the inside gets coated in crap the tone changes, you may not notice but it sorta reduces the "Thinness" of it a little. More noticeable on titanium systems tho.

my new wheels arrived a few weeks ago, had a right pain trying to get the correct spigot rings for the front wheels, have had to ordered them from Japan with a 3-4 week lead. unlikely to get them on now before the car is Sorn at the end of the month i suspect. :(

my new wheels arrived a few weeks ago, had a right pain trying to get the correct spigot rings for the front wheels, have had to ordered them from Japan with a 3-4 week lead. unlikely to get them on now before the car is Sorn at the end of the month i suspect. :(
I never run spigot rings.. tappered nuts centre the wheel fine. And my car gets absolutely trashed on road and track.

good to know. i was just assuming they were a requirement to be honest. i have a new set to tapered nuts etc.

mixed info online, they do "help" sit the wheel correctly initially but the tappered nuts and tappered drilled holes in the wheels will centre them too, by default. "hold" wise, spigots do nothing, it's all "friction" from the bolts/nuts and correct torque that holds the wheel on.

Made a thing! Nice heavy countersunk Gear knob. Just mocked up a drawing, but if guess work but really happy with how it turned out. Will attempt engraving shortly.

Heavier, sits lower (height adjustable)

PXL-20240920-090908581.jpg

PXL-20240920-081627863.jpg

Back
Top Bottom