• Howe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clement

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Mourinho

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters
Don
Yeah not like he's going to Everton now..

How many managers is that now sacked this season? Must be a record..
8 with Pellegrino looking likely too. What's most remarkable is we've had so many sacked and Wenger, Mourinho and Conte are all still in their jobs.

Soldato
8 with Pellegrino looking likely too. What's most remarkable is we've had so many sacked and Wenger, Mourinho and Conte are all still in their jobs.
We live in hope that Pellegrino is 'looking likely' but for a good long while now he's had a significantly worse record than pretty much every other manager getting sacked around him - how much worse does it have to get before they'll decide it's time for him to go?

Southampton fan boards are screaming out for us to employ Silva now Watford have binned him off but I have my reservations, he took Hull down and was sending Watford on their way too, not convinced he's the ideal relegation fight saviour manager but then again, most of those have already been snapped up by the other clubs who needed to save their seasons but woke up to the fact 2 months or more ago :p

Soldato
Only 4 months too late, not sure who is more incompetent, Pellegrino or the board who sat and watched the club go down the toilet and throw away years of fantastic development in 6 months.

Associate
Feel sorry for the saints fans. They've had to cope with losing so many players and managers regularly for the past few years and generally the board have made good decisions to replace them. They got this one wrong with Pellegrino - looks like it could cost them too.

Associate
Feel sorry for the saints fans. They've had to cope with losing so many players and managers regularly for the past few years and generally the board have made good decisions to replace them. They got this one wrong with Pellegrino - looks like it could cost them too.
I don't.

They are an arrogant lot who just like Leicester (did) and Coventry and Norwich did - think they are a Big Club with a devine right to be in the Prem after sucsessions of mid table finishes and winning nothing

Man of Honour
Gamble and a half considering there's 8 games left and the usual suspects aren't available, however there's so much deadweight in the league they'll probably be safe.

Kinda strange seeing Southampton and Swansea around the relegation spots this season, two clubs that have been praised for years about the sensible way they've been run. Hope they stay up.

Associate
Gamble and a half considering there's 8 games left and the usual suspects aren't available, however there's so much deadweight in the league they'll probably be safe.

Kinda strange seeing Southampton and Swansea around the relegation spots this season, two clubs that have been praised for years about the sensible way they've been run. Hope they stay up.

I dunno - Swansea will end up liker Fulham I think and be caught out in the end

They have been struggling for years - I recall Clement came in this time last Season (give or take) and did a similar job to what Calvahal is doing!

Associate
I don't.

They are an arrogant lot who just like Leicester (did) and Coventry and Norwich did - think they are a Big Club with a devine right to be in the Prem after sucsessions of mid table finishes and winning nothing

What a bizarre post, you could label that argument at every team over the years apart from the 'big 4'?

Soldato
Reportedly a load of activity and 'lock down' at the training ground this evening at Southampton, with a few bookies stopping taking bets. Sounds like Mark Hughes is about to be the new Southampton manager. Not sure how I feel on that one, he was solid enough for Stoke the last couple of seasons but diabolical this season. At least he's got some Premier League know how about him.

If true, marks a notable departure from the previous ethos of plucking managerial 'nobodies' from foreign leagues.

Don
The only bad thing about Pardew getting sacked is all the people now saying they should have stuck with Pulis, ignoring the fact that Pulis was the one that got them in the **** to begin with.

Soldato
What's the point?

Exactly what I was thinking. Doesn't say if he was sacked or resigned, but if he was sacked that makes no sense what so ever to do that now. They were going down regardless and now (assuming he was sacked) they have to give him a pay off.

Sometimes you see a headline that says a manager is sacked, or resigns. I suppose 'parted company' means the club hasn't officially said that he's been sacked, because that looks worse, especially given they've already sacked one manager this season.

As above though, the rot set in before Pardew was hired. Nonetheless, it was a bizarre appointment. Hiring Pardew doesn't inspire any confidence; something that is sorely needed for a club trying to stave off relegation.

Can't say I'll miss them. The same for last seasons bottom dwellers; Sunderland.

Back
Top Bottom