Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 (2560 x 1600 - drool)

Associate
Would buy Two for that price an sell one on ebay that would get the samsung tablet really really cheap but I'm stuck with UK pricing an no stock.
£355 is bargin let us know please Cosimo how you get on with your new tablet give it a good test.

Still thinking about get surface pro 2 128 GB longer I need to wait for the samsung more chance I will just get the surface instead by January will have enough spare cash to get 256 GB model.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Cover has arrived:

6ugn.jpg

Not had much time to play with the Note so I'll post some more over the weekend.

Soldato
Would buy Two for that price an sell one on ebay that would get the samsung tablet really really cheap but I'm stuck with UK pricing an no stock.
£355 is bargin let us know please Cosimo how you get on with your new tablet give it a good test.

Still thinking about get surface pro 2 128 GB longer I need to wait for the samsung more chance I will just get the surface instead by January will have enough spare cash to get 256 GB model.

theres stock in the uk?!?! my boss ordered one for his mrs and got it next day.

Associate
Want a black 32GB also want to buy from John Lewis with free 2 year warranty can only find a black 16 GB online £479.99 charging £30 more because it's black lol.
Have seen one place asking a stupid amount of cash for a black 32 GB but they can keep it not paying more then £499.99 for a black 32GB so might just get the surface pro 2 instead.

Last edited:
Soldato
Want a black 32GB also want to buy from John Lewis with free 2 year warranty can only find a black 16 GB online £479.99 charging £30 more because it's black lol.
Have seen one place asking a stupid amount of cash for a black 32 GB but they can keep it not paying more then £499.99 for a black 32GB so might just get the surface pro 2 instead.

They are 439 in both colours from the place :)

Associate
They are 439 in both colours from the place :)

The place where is that :confused:
£439 for a black 32 GB not seen anything close to that price seen over £650 lmao.
Not even seen the 16 GB that cheap only £479
Doesn't matter now anyway getting surface 2 pro could get a surface 2 pro 64 GB for less then this samsung 10.1 32 GB in black.

Last edited:
Associate
Sorry these are 16gb, its a uk company with great reviews :)

Just get a 64gb sdcard unless you need 90 odd gb with internal!

Have 64 GB ipad 2 an I'm always deleting stuff to make more room so 16 GB even with couple large SD card won't be enough space for me.
Don't think samsung 32 GB will be big enough either perfer at least 64 GB internal storage.

Last edited:
Soldato
Think I've been spoilt by the Xperia Z tablet - picking up the Note 10.1 was like taking a step back in time (in terms of how it felt to hold) :| unfortunatly not in a position to compare things like screen side by side but can't say I really felt like the screen was significantly different to what I'm used to though opinion on that might change with a side by side comparison.

Didn't even seem as snappy to use either despite the newer hardware but my Z has a fairly bloat free and optimised OS setup and the demo unit had a ton of bundled software and been abused by other people playing with it to.
I think I might have a look too, I was interested in upgrading to this from the Z as it looks quite nice on paper and in product shots.

But if as you say it doesn't feel as good then there's not much point, I love my Z. Hopefully Sony release the same tablet with higher specs next year!

Man of Honour
Interesting info cosimo not going to buy this tablet now though bought a Dell venue 8 pro 64 GB and a surface 2 pro Which I got real cheap less then the price of this 32gb samsung note 10.1.

I’m glad that you found something that you’re happy with. :)

I very pleased with mine. It’s very fast, got a brilliant screen, S Pen is nice, it is light and compact (Nexus 10 is unwieldy compared with this) and I’ve not noticed any lag (had three software updates). Got a 64GB msd card on the way. It’s certainly the best tablet I’ve owned and will now be a long term keeper.

Soldato
Just tried this in pcword and probably going to go back and get one. Even coming from the tablet z it seemed pretty nice.

Dam, out of stock anywhere near close... Looks like I'm off on a trip tomorrow!

Edit: Can we get a million and one benchmarks? Not sure how much more powerful this actually is than the tablet z.

3D Mark
Epic citadel
Gfx bench
And any others please!

Thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom