Samsung Galaxy S... highest spec Android phone released... also with QWERTY!

Soldato
Bonus £20 a month over 18 months that works out at £360 which is cheaper than you can get it on sim free option, ordered if i like it i will flog my Desire and put the rest towards it and keep it.

The network free was the clincher as i am on T-Mobile atm.

Soldato
Oh dear, went into town today to upgrade my gf's mobile...ended up coming home with 2 of these, amazing phone...never been sold on the whole ipod, iphone, ipad, ieverything guff so this is a nice alternative.

Soldato
After a few weeks use the only gripe I have is the charge time from USB is chronically slow. Much faster with the travel plug but it's not always convenient for me to carry that around.

Other than that, very happy with it!

Associate
just got mine today, first impressions are wow.

got it on virgin mobile, £30 tariff 800mins unlim txt and unlim data (fup). will have 25% off through friends and family so will be £22.50 :) well chuffed with it.

Soldato
Mines at Released to Oracle, did it around 11.40 ish, should be here on Thursday will be interesting to see how it compares to my Desire.

I like the fact its got 8gb on board memory and 2gb used for apps no need for apps 2sd etc, if i like it i will sell the desire and put the 16gb sd card in to give me 24 gig.

Last edited:
Soldato
I just got mine and I sure do love this phone, so far i rooted, flashed it to JG1 and now I installed MRC R2. I did have one problem which is connected to my Laptop, i just cant seem to transfer data driectly to the phone So i just use my SD card. My next step is to installed launcher Pro and give that a try.

Zom

Zom

Associate
I missed out too.. but maybe a good thing. Starting 2 contracts on phones isn't exactly wise! Contract ends in October the plans will be better down the line.

Surely the 300 tariff is still quite a good deal?

6 Months at £15 (with redepemtions) = £90
3 Months at £30 = £90
9 Months at £15 = £90

Total of £270 - Although I'm not sure if you can downgrade to £15 after 9 months.

Soldato
The redemptions are annoying beyond words though. I went through it with my HTC Magic and TBH I just couldn't be bothered doing it any more, sending copies of bills off. The process is annoying. They should just offer the money off.. but I can see why they don't because people like me can't be bothered :D

Back
Top Bottom