Samsung Galaxy S... highest spec Android phone released... also with QWERTY!

Soldato
OK I missed (got rejected) from the dialaphone 20pm deal

Hows this deal

Handset only £29.99.

£25 tariff on the T-Mobile network.
Unlimited Internet on your phone.Unlimited Internet booster
300 mins
300 txts
£25.00 per month
Free next day delivery!

I can pick another free booster (unlimited Texts)

£40 cash back from quidco.

Any better deals

I got the same deal from buymobilephones, For the booster call up t-mobile and tell them you have a android phone and they should switch you to always on net which well free up your booster for unlimited text, cant have a smart phone without net.

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/pay-monthly/boosters/

Go right to the buttom, hope it helps.

Soldato
I got the same deal from buymobilephones, For the booster call up t-mobile and tell them you have a android phone and they should switch you to always on net which well free up your booster for unlimited text, cant have a smart phone without net.

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/pay-monthly/boosters/

Go right to the buttom, hope it helps.

Was yours a 24 month. the one Im looking at is 18 months.

Soldato
i got my SGS before and WOW, its pretty impressive

ive moved from a iphone 3G to this and im glad i did

ive updated to JG5 using odin and all seems to be working fine

not tried any custom roms yet, waiting for a microsd to arrive to i can backup all apps i have installed.

google and yahoo mail installed and contact/calender synced.

loving it so far!

Soldato
Was yours a 24 month. the one Im looking at is 18 months.

18 months

@lmfy2k Ive tried most of the custom roms and right now its not worth it, Ive found JG5 to be better and faster, also it doesnt stall.

On the phone settings, unmount the internal memory card, then remount it. I Set the USB connection on the phone to Samsung Keis (rather than Mass Storage or anything). Reboot the phone (essential!)

Run the Keis software and connect the phone - it should now work. Worked for me perfectly, I was fiddling for ages and ignoring the reboot step, it's essential for the above to work.

Ive been trying to get this to work for days, and after i finally read your guide dude the phone doesnt even go into the kies mode like it did before. Like when I use to put the usb into the phone it would pop up with its kies mode, cant explain it to well but i hope you understand and that just doesnt happen any more any ideas why?

Instead I get message saying PC mode is only avilable in idle mode close all running applications, But i dont have anything running, I tried restarting the phone soo many times, running task killer and so on but no luck, :(

Last edited:
Man of Honour
18 months

@lmfy2k Ive tried most of the custom roms and right now its not worth it, Ive found JG5 to be better and faster, also it doesnt stall.

Ive been trying to get this to work for days, and after i finally read your guide dude the phone doesnt even go into the kies mode like it did before. Like when I use to put the usb into the phone it would pop up with its kies mode, cant explain it to well but i hope you understand and that just doesnt happen any more any ideas why?

Instead I get message saying PC mode is only avilable in idle mode close all running applications, But i dont have anything running, I tried restarting the phone soo many times, running task killer and so on but no luck, :(

Weird - Keis doesn't autorun for me either but when I plug in the phone and then run Keis, it does that "detecting device" routine in the top right corner for a few seconds and then it connects and hey presto.

Never seen any messages about PC Mode, on the phone I set it to Settings -> About Phone -> USB Settings -> Samsung Keis. Rebooted. Then unmounted the internal SD card, remounted the internal SD card, reboot again.
Installed Samsung Keis on the PC

Plugged in the USB cable, phone goes into Keis mode (like an iPhone does with iTunes mode when you plug it in), run Keis manually on the PC, it detects the phone and Bob's your uncle.

Sorry you're still having trouble, not really sure what else to suggest.

Soldato
No not tried it so this stops it will try later, do i use the same files just replace jg3 with 5.

the files you need will be in the I9000XWJG5 firmware pack: http://samsung-firmware.webs.com/WEBPROTECT-samsungi9000.htm

you may need another pit file, the one on samsung-firmware is the 513 one, but i and many others on xda used the 512 version, you can download it from: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=7180787&postcount=32

i got my S last night and flashed straight away so cannot compare to JG3 but to me its lightening fast compared to iphone 3g!

i just need to order a case and screen protector now, not sure which ones to buy.

Edit: just ordered one of these: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ZENUS-SILICON...ewItem&pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item2c558b8dba

comes with a screen protector too, will post up pics when it arrives, probably take a while though

Last edited:
Associate
I flashed mine last night to JG5 using the 512 pit file, I tried the 513 pit and it basically bricked my SGS.

Luckily even when you brick this mobile, it's easy to get it working again with a reflash thank god, because my heart nearly stopped lol.

Just so people know it not avisable to flash the SGS if it's simlocked, luckily the ones from T-mobile come already simfree.

But Yeah JG5 firmware is currently the best to date as it sort out a lot of problems with lag also improves the battery time aswell.

Associate
Yes, works pretty well, almost fits my 1080p TV. Not perfect like HDMI but perfectly watchable.

Shame when I was at my mates house and wanted to watch new futurama I didn't bring the cable :(

It is the cable from my N95.

One of these?

I find it extremely weird that the 3.5mm jack can output like that, but also really cool. Does it include audio as well?

Soldato
Weird - Keis doesn't autorun for me either but when I plug in the phone and then run Keis, it does that "detecting device" routine in the top right corner for a few seconds and then it connects and hey presto.

Never seen any messages about PC Mode, on the phone I set it to Settings -> About Phone -> USB Settings -> Samsung Keis. Rebooted. Then unmounted the internal SD card, remounted the internal SD card, reboot again.
Installed Samsung Keis on the PC

Plugged in the USB cable, phone goes into Keis mode (like an iPhone does with iTunes mode when you plug it in), run Keis manually on the PC, it detects the phone and Bob's your uncle.

Sorry you're still having trouble, not really sure what else to suggest.

Thanks a lot dude, still wont work so im stuck using my SD card then moving stuff with my file manager.

Soldato
Am not having much luck with this JG5 mine just sits on DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET.

Sorted it had to use the other pit file.

Last edited:
Soldato
Am not having much luck with this JG5 mine just sits on DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET.

Sorted it had to use the other pit file.

If you still have that problem then use the 512 JIT file, after reading about it on XDA site loads of people had the same problem with the 513 JIT file.

Personal it feels abit faster but i still get some stalls which is gay :(, i get the black screen sometimes when im opening a app sometimes still.

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato

Wait wait what's this? My free booster on my droid is unlimited net... can I get that and my unlimited texts without paying extra?

Back
Top Bottom