Samsung Galaxy S... highest spec Android phone released... also with QWERTY!

Soldato
Try going in settingscand sound and display and scroll to bottom too animatons and change it to some seems to have made a difference to mine in performance it dont seem very little lag on mine now.

Edit :As a bit of a test i went back to JG3 and its much slower than JG5 i would deffo upgrade it if you have one of these.

Last edited:
Soldato
OK I missed (got rejected) from the dialaphone 20pm deal

Hows this deal

Handset only £29.99.

£25 tariff on the T-Mobile network.
Unlimited Internet on your phone.Unlimited Internet booster
300 mins
300 txts
£25.00 per month
Free next day delivery!

I can pick another free booster (unlimited Texts)

£40 cash back from quidco.

Any better deals

I got the same deal from buymobilephones, For the booster call up t-mobile and tell them you have a android phone and they should switch you to always on net which well free up your booster for unlimited text, cant have a smart phone without net.

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/pay-monthly/boosters/

Go right to the buttom, hope it helps.

T-mobile have accepted the order, just waiting for it to be dispatched.

Anyone ordered via quidco with Beepy.co.uk. Its not been tracked yet. Will give it a couple more days.

Soldato
Thought i let you guys know i did that stall fix and it makes a huge difference on performance, It wouldn't work on my 16gb card but i had a spare 2gb lying about and it worked a treat its made the phone fast.

Soldato
ok tried to flash this and the port failed to open , but said set pit file , left it for ages and nothing else happened.

Now just left with a phone a orange explantion mark and then the computer!!

Tell me I haven't bricked it :(

Soldato
Thought i let you guys know i did that stall fix and it makes a huge difference on performance, It wouldn't work on my 16gb card but i had a spare 2gb lying about and it worked a treat its made the phone fast.

im waiting for a card to arrive that i ordered then will try this.

was it easy enough to do mate?

Soldato
Yeah no problem at all in the first place, i had never partitioned a sd card so that was the hardest for me.

I can only get it to work on the 2gb card though won't do it on a 4/16 i have, if you have put firmware in with odin 3 its as easy as that just one file then type a load of commands in terminal, you have to be rooted also which is the same load a file with odin.

I will let you know how it goes with using every day. To divaboy try removing the battery and going in the downloading screen again i had that picture and it does worry you but its easy to get out.

I found if one of the pit files didn't work i had to unplug the phone while odin was on then load the other pit file and plug phone back in, but if the usb doesn't show up remove battery and reload it then reload odin etc.

Soldato

yep thats the one . I think the kies software is the issue , as after I had started doing it I noticed it just saying connecting phione.........

Just a educated guess but seems its wiped it and then unable to put new firmware on?

Trying with a windows XP machine as we speak.

Any other Ideas i'll be honest i'm bricking (excuse the joke) it incase I have bricked it!

Soldato
Make sure Kies isn't running on the pc at that time had that issue a few times myself, i had to close it then close it in the toolbar bottom right.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think its pretty hard to bugger up tbh it just worries you at the time, i did a quadrant benchmark on this people on ext4 are getting over 1700 but i can feel the difference.

snap20100717202441.png

Soldato
One of these?

I find it extremely weird that the 3.5mm jack can output like that, but also really cool. Does it include audio as well?

Yes it does audio as well.

3.5mm jacks have extra capacity for remote controls etc.
It isn't the best quality as it is composite video I guess, it is only 2 wires I think for composite and stereo audio would require 4 also.
So I suppose it just has 6 cables instead of 4.

It is pretty handy but the only time I have wanted to use it I haven't had the cable. Might keep it in my car.

Would have preferred a HDMI socket however.

Soldato
For the stall fix if I just run the commands on my phone without using my computer on a termial progarm will it still work, cause im having problems connecting it so im not 100% sure it well work.

Back
Top Bottom