Samsung Galaxy S... highest spec Android phone released... also with QWERTY!

I wouldn't even use half of that!

I think they've gone offline now, may phone them and see what they say.

This is what I'm hoping they will match but with a free phone (as you can get £40 cashback with quidco here:)

http://www.buymobilephones.net/mobi...le/T-Mobile-25-(18mths)-inc.-Internet/6068709

Lots of reports customers ringing up saying its an android phone then getting switched to 3gb tariff which then frees up a booster.
If T-mobile wont let me upgrade like this I will port to another network payg then get the deal as a new customer and port back... hassle I know but I want to stick with t-mobile. :)

Looking good guys lets hope its true.

Twitter:

SamsungFirmware
World Release! Android 2.2 FROYO on the Samsung Galaxy S. Tomorrow 12 o'clock'. AMSTERDAM

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=737180

Nice. Hopefully, the final release will be done by the end of august.

If however, this ROM gets good feedback, I may try it.

I love how with Samung, we have access to each and every build.

Nice. Hopefully, the final release will be done by the end of august.

If however, this ROM gets good feedback, I may try it.

I love how with Samung, we have access to each and every build.

Apparently some guy on the dev team leaks them early, at least that's what I've read.

This is what I'm hoping they will match but with a free phone (as you can get £40 cashback with quidco here:)

http://www.buymobilephones.net/mobi...le/T-Mobile-25-(18mths)-inc.-Internet/6068709

Lots of reports customers ringing up saying its an android phone then getting switched to 3gb tariff which then frees up a booster.
If T-mobile wont let me upgrade like this I will port to another network payg then get the deal as a new customer and port back... hassle I know but I want to stick with t-mobile. :)

I got my phone from them buy mobile phones and After a few tries i got ported too the 3gb FUP, at first it was abit of a hussle since most of the poeple i kept talking to had no idea what I was on about. Then when I would tell them to look at the booster page were it said android phones got free internet they would just get confused and tell me I have to use a booster for it. But finally One lady actual helped me out, im not exactly sure mine is done the same as everyone else but I have the 3gb net, then I get charged for the unlimited txt booster which I picked but I get £5.00 refund, it was the only way to do it the lady said as my account for some reason couldnt be changed.

Just installed Quake3 and ran the demo loop. Colour me impressed. I'd seen the youtube vids but it really is quite weird to have a phone running it silky smooth.

Makes you wonder what you could do with a decent TV-out and a wireless pad hooked up to your phone

On another note, i fired up the GPS on the way back from work and i'm not sure why people are moaning about it. Didn't fire up any signal strength apps etc but it locked the position down pretty much straight away and didn't drop in the half hour i had it on, hardly a conclusive test but it's already better than the GPS support on my old HTC hero

Noticed a strange thing on my phone, some time when I unlock the phone, the wireless is on? only see it do this when I am in range of a wireless network.... it seams to enable and disable all by itself???

Noticed a strange thing on my phone, some time when I unlock the phone, the wireless is on? only see it do this when I am in range of a wireless network.... it seams to enable and disable all by itself???

It's using it for location information. After it has worked out where you are, it turns off.

This is something which annoys me, as you can't set it to use mobile network location by itself. It has to be combined with wifi networks.

The more I keep messing around with my GFs Galaxy S the more I like it.. the size of the screen is what I find so appealing for my fat fingers.

Battery life isn't great.

The main problem I think is that the the screen brightness on low isn't really low at all! If Samsung had made a lower low in brightness then this would improve battery life considerably.

It's using it for location information. After it has worked out where you are, it turns off.

This is something which annoys me, as you can't set it to use mobile network location by itself. It has to be combined with wifi networks.

Cheers Ghost, thought that was the case, as you say, shame you cant specify network only... perhaps this is something that will change with 2.2, or perhaps there will be an App for that?

Back
Top Bottom