Samsung Galaxy S... highest spec Android phone released... also with QWERTY!

Soldato
Another question, My sim has 48 contacts in it... when I open contacts I can't see any of them at all, I had to export my contacts to google contacts and import them from it, however, if I create a new txt msg and click Contacts, I can see both the google contacts and my sim contacts???

How can I set the main contacts to show my sim numbers?

Soldato
Swype will be there go in the settings and select it, what i normally do is before i am going to write a text out hold down in the blank area for a second and input comes up, then just select swype from the options.

I can confirm swype is on this update with my phone just I prefer the Samsung one.

No swype??? I'm just about to install jm1, won't if swype is missing tho...

Not rooted yet, can we downgrade firmware versions easy enough?

EDIT: No worries, swype is still there (just not active by default). JM1 seems better, but i'd only had a couple hours on JFsomething or other before updating.

Sorry it is there, I did look, but didnt see it. Found it now.

Soldato
Thanks chaps. I have the E71 now, which is built like a tank, lots of metal and a good weight to it. I felt the Desire yesterday and it felt cheap to me (compared to the E71), though of course it's not a cheap phone! Your views make me think I won't like the feel of the Samsung, but I guess you have to try it, and feel isn't everything of course.

Associate
Having problems with my Galaxy, will not pick up my wireless router but will pick up wifi hotspots no problem. It's probably user error though :D

Have put in my phones MAC address on my router settings page but still no joy. Any advice ? TIA

Soldato
My SD card keeps failing on me its kinda old but each time it fails my phone gets bricked basically since im running the lag fix. I was wondering which SD card is best to get I was looking around and there was different classes and what not so which is the best for Galaxy S xD.

Soldato
I am using a class 2 16gb card i got from game was only £27 if i recall it does the trick nice, you got a lot of stuff to add on there as its got over 5gig of on board memory i am only using this as i had it in my old phone the Desire.

Associate
Its detecting lots of wifi's (locked) no problems and hot spots, maybe its just my netgear router?

Also, do you need to be connected to the internet when going into samsung apps? Mine just says network unavailable. This phone is frustrating me now :(

Soldato
Its detecting lots of wifi's (locked) no problems and hot spots, maybe its just my netgear router?

Also, do you need to be connected to the internet when going into samsung apps? Mine just says network unavailable. This phone is frustrating me now :(

Samsung apps yes oyu need to be connected. its new to you don't blame the phone learn to use it ;) Its the same as any other androd phone just better :D

Soldato
On the netgear router i got with my 50mb from virgin i had to select WPA-PSK (TKIP) + WPA2-PSK (AES) or it would just drop the network after a short while and i couldn't get back on it.

Soldato
Thanks for confirming that divaboy lol. Having just switched from a Nokia N95 8Gb, i certainly do have a lot to learn about Android.

The Galaxy is mighty impressive ! Once i get this wifi sorted i'll be happy.

I only said it because I came from some antique brick I carried around with me travelling for 18 months and then went to a galaxy steep learning curve I an tell ya!

Back
Top Bottom