Samsung KS7000 55inch just been delivered...

Soldato
You have a very similar setup to me Moogleys, bar the TV, Im still to get a 4K set.

I wish I wall mounted my Sony W905 lower down, its quite high and to far from my centre speaker.

Cool.

Mines as low as it will go above the centre speaker. The mount is adjustable so it can go lower if needed.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
OT: is that a unifi unit beside the TV? If so, what's the performance like when placed like that? I imagine it takes a hit on range by not being ceiling mounted but is it still pretty decent? Need to do something similar.

Soldato
Samsung quality control is pretty poor, the back hanging off like that is crazy.

I recently upgraded my panny plasma v20 which had been great for 5 years. Nearly all the current crop of tvs I looked at just looked poor in comparison. Yes they look great fed with bright 4k content, but through in normal tv or testing dark scenes and watch they fall to pieces. Ghosting, haloing, backlight issues galore.

The top of the range new Sony ZD9 was nice and I couldnt see any of the issues that plague led tvs, but it's OLED money.

Ended up with the LG B6 65'' and I'm really happy with it.

Caporegime
OP
Samsung quality control is pretty poor, the back hanging off like that is crazy.

I recently upgraded my panny plasma v20 which had been great for 5 years. Nearly all the current crop of tvs I looked at just looked poor in comparison. Yes they look great fed with bright 4k content, but through in normal tv or testing dark scenes and watch they fall to pieces. Ghosting, haloing, backlight issues galore.

The top of the range new Sony ZD9 was nice and I couldnt see any of the issues that plague led tvs, but it's OLED money.

Any pics mate?

Soldato

Can't say I have noticed this on mine. Dark scenes look great especially if HDR is used. No backlight or ghosting issues either.....

Associate
Can't say I have noticed this on mine. Dark scenes look great especially if HDR is used. No backlight or ghosting issues either.....

Agree, blacks on mine are great, no ghosting or bl bleed either. It's not an OLED that is true but its pretty good and cost a lot less.

Having said all of that, I will change it in 2 - 3 years for a OLED screen as I hope they will be cheaper.

Soldato
The motion?

The one I had the motion was horrid but that's been fixed now on newer models. My friends 4k 55" does not do it. I'm just not keen on the technology. I find the picture to be a little false like it's trying a bit hard. The lack off brightness and the screen burn issues put me off as well.

They are nice screens but for me the technology needs to improve before I will look at them again. I think the newer direct lit LED screens that are coming next year could be great but the thinness and blacks are what look good in-store rather than the details....

Last edited:
Caporegime
I personally don't agree but that's my opinion. I'm not an OLED fan.

Any particular reason?

I went from 55VT50 Plasma - 58AX802B LED - 65 B6V OLED

I sold my LED TV, so bought the Plasma back in the lounge for a week before the OLED was delivered. That meant when the OLED arrived I could directly compare it to the VT50

This OLED is far and away the best TV I've ever owned. Picture quality is outstanding.

Caporegime
OP
Just had my Refund email after taking it back to Currys in store.

For anyone thinking of buying from Currys then please think again.

They treated me with utter contempt. The Customer services guy was an absolute *****

Can you believe a store manager and customer services chump took the TV out the box and layed it Screen down on the work counter to inspect it?

I quickly took out my phone..Took a picture just in case any damage was thought to be my doing...Took a picture of the serial number of the box.

He then said we can get you a replacement but not until after Christmas. I said I want a refund and the manager said he couldn't give me a refund due to be buying it online.

The manager then suggested I take the TV home to watch over Christmas!!!!!!!

I said that is not happening. I'm not leaving this store with TV.

After some harsh words I basically told the manager to arrange collection form the store. Organise a refund and give me a collection reference number. I said I would then go to Richer sounds and Purchase a TV from them so My Mum has a TV over Christams. The Customer Services tool said "it wouldn't bother me not watching TV over Christmas"

The manager had a word with customer services tool to organise the return.I stood at the Counter while he rang through. It took him 15 mins to get through to somebody working at the same company.. as he put the phone on speaker as he repacked the TV.

While he was doing this a queue was forming.

The phone was finally answered and he started organizing the return...I just stood there waiting for the collection reference number...

While the queue got increasingly longer...

He finally said I have the collection reference number and Do you have a pen! I said why do I need a pen a grabbed the order email I printed out which he had written the collection reference number layed it out on the counter took a picture of it with my iphone and walked out.

Absolutely disgusting service on every level and I will never be buying from currys again. I only bought it from them due to getting 75 quid cash back...Never again!

Last edited:
Associate
Sounds like you where an awkward customer from how you have put it across...

It sounds like you went in the store to pick a fight and be awkward with them.

Even your original post comes over that way. Electrical things sometimes arrive faulty so what's new? Is it frustrating when it happens? yes!

Should we get angry and take it out on staff in a store? No!

I'm sure if they had one in stock they would have simply replaced it then and there.

Caporegime
OP
Sounds like you where an awkward customer from how you have put it across...

It sounds like you went in the store to pick a fight and be awkward with them.

Even your original post comes over that way. Electrical things sometimes arrive faulty so what's new? Is it frustrating when it happens? yes!

Should we get angry and take it out on staff in a store? No!

I'm sure if they had one in stock they would have simply replaced it then and there.

I went in with a faulty TV and asked for a refund...

I had driven 15 miles to be told to take the TV away again lol

Stop spouting crap.

My Humax Freesat box became faulty...Took it back to richer sounds .They didn't have one in stock. They gave me a temporary replacement a display model. No Questions asked.

48 hours later a courier dropped off a brand new one.

I got a phone call from Richersounds asking me if everything was ok with my new box and apologising for any inconvience caused.

That's customer service.

A few years ago...I asked for a replacement monitor from Viewsonuc due to backlight bleed...they sent a replacement next day...this had the same issue...they sent me a third with and enclosed cheque for the cost of the monitor telling me to keep the monitor.Apologising for my experience with their products and it would be investigated.

That's customer service.

My screen died on my old IBM thinkpad...IBM arranged to pick it up...7 days later the laptop was returned was fully functional fitted with a brand new keyboard...

I rang them to say thankyou...

It was 30 days outside warranty....

That's customer service.

I lost my Audessy mic for my 7 year old Onkyo 876 cinema amp.I rang onkyo and was transfered to pioneer...they took my serial number and a free mic was sent out next day via recorded delivery.

That's customer service.

I dropped a mic on to my £400 focusrite ISA one mic pre amp in my studio denting the metal chassis...

I rang Focusrite to purchase a replace metal cover...The technician posted one out next day for free saying accidents happen.

That's customer service.

I take a faulty TV back to currys to be told to take it home again...

Hmmmmmmmmm.....

Last edited:
Associate
Agreed you have received very poor customer service. Guess as others have said depends on the store. Some of Your posts do come aggressive however but I would be ****** if I was in your shoes.

On a lighter note you have a lot of bad luck with stuff breaking!!!

I went in with a faulty TV and asked for a refund...

I had driven 15 miles to be told to take the TV away again lol

Stop spouting crap.

My Humax Freesat box became faulty...Took it back to richer sounds .They didn't have one in stock. They gave me a temporary replacement a display model. No Questions asked.

48 hours later a courier dropped off a brand new one.

I got a phone call from Richersounds asking me if everything was ok with my new box and apologising for any inconvience caused.

That's customer service.

A few years ago...I asked for a replacement monitor from Viewsonuc due to backlight bleed...they sent a replacement next day...this had the same issue...they sent me a third with and enclosed cheque for the cost of the monitor telling me to keep the monitor.Apologising for my experience with their products and it would be investigated.

That's customer service.

My screen died on my old IBM thinkpad...IBM arranged to pick it up...7 days later the laptop was returned was fully functional fitted with a brand new keyboard...

I rang them to say thankyou...

It was 30 days outside warranty....

That's customer service.

I lost my Audessy mic for my 7 year old Onkyo 876 cinema amp.I rang onkyo and was transfered to pioneer...they took my serial number and a free mic was sent out next day via recorded delivery.

That's customer service.

I dropped a mic on to of my focusrite ISA one mic pre amp in my studio denting the metal chassis...

I rang Focusrite to purchase a replace metal cover...The technician posted one out next day for free saying accidents happen.

That's customer service.

I take a faulty TV back to currys to be told to take it home again...

Hmmmmmmmmm.....

Back
Top Bottom