Samsung LS34E790C - Curved 34" 21:9 super-wide

Soldato
Multiple times "Ctrl +" until you reach satisfying level.

Lol iv done that. Its nothing to do with the text size its the screen type that just hurts my eyes after a while. Iv tried everything but this VA screen just doesn't agree with my eyes and it feels like its not sharp enough so its most likely back to IPS as soon as a screen that I want comes available as I had no issues at all with the LG one I had.
Its hard to say exactly what it is that's causing it as I have no strain at all with any other panel type I have in my house but with this screen I do. Im sure it was mentioned in the review there was a lack of sharpness compared to the other 3440x1440 screens with the way the pixels were organized on this screen.

This is what I mean from the review..

"The monitor uses RGB (Red, Green and Blue) stripe subpixels as shown in the top image above. These are a little squatter than the subpixels used on LG’s AH-IPS panels, shown on the U3415W in the second picture. This may be a contributing factor to the slightly softer appearance of the image on the Samsung compared to the Dell. This is not correctable by adjusting sharpness on the monitor and does appear to be a pixel structure issue"

Last edited:
Soldato
Lol iv done that. Its nothing to do with the text site its the screen type that just hurts my eyes after a while. Iv tried everything but this VA screen just doesn't agree with my eyes so its most likely back to IPS as soon as a screen that I want comes available.

It'll be the 'off' sharpness getting to you. :(

Associate
Mine arrived Friday after biting the bullet thursday morning , loving the size of this thing and ff14/witcher 3 look amazing will post a few piccys later .
I have one problem the little joystick on the rear wont click right only up/left/down and enter so i can adjust color settings and other bits via the monitor .
Ive adjusted it using n videa control panel and i am really liking the picture ive got , is it worth an RMA as i dont wont to get a screen returned with the other defects mine doesnt have and the 14 day turnaround is a nightmare ? decisions decisions lol .

Associate
I have one problem the little joystick on the rear wont click right only up/left/down and enter so i can adjust color settings and other bits via the monitor .

Mine also had a problem with the joystick, only 'right' would work when I first received it. I was getting very frustrated and thought I would have to return it.

In the end I noticed that a piece of circular plastic around the joystick wasn't flush. I put a LOT (a scary amount) of force onto it, and it popped into place correctly. After that the joystick worked flawlessly.

Follow this advice at your own risk, I felt like I could have easily damaged the panel.

18c462944dde5c1aba159052786eb407.jpg

Associate
Nice one Ash just had a look at mine (didnt think to look as i had it all set up in place doh!!) and it is indeed not flush where the right click should be . Oh well here goes nothing lol .

Associate
Was that A grade or B? Lucky you! I'll have to have a Google to see where that price is from ;)

Was from amazon, on the prime day 15% off warehouse items which was already a good price.

I actually ordered a warehouse item with damaged box but otherwise new, after I ordered it I checked and I stupidly added the wrong one to my basket - It stated " scratched around 1 - 2 inches on bezel.

I quickly jumped on live chat the next day before despatch and said please cancel it and would you honour the discount from prime day and whoever I spoke to said yes :)

So I added a new one to the basket and he adjusted the invoice and it sits here on my desk now! I normally buy a lot of stuff here at oc but this could not be refused.

Last edited:
Soldato
Was from amazon, on the prime day 15% off warehouse items which was already a good price.

I actually ordered a warehouse item with damaged box but otherwise new, after I ordered it I checked and I stupidly added the wrong one to my basket - It stated " scratched around 1 - 2 inches on bezel.

I quickly jumped on live chat the next day before despatch and said please cancel it and would you honour the discount from prime day and whoever I spoke to said yes :)

So I added a new one to the basket and he adjusted the invoice and it sits here on my desk now! I normally buy a lot of stuff here at oc but this could not be refused.

Did something similar with mine, £530 for a very very minor chip on the bezel side.

Back
Top Bottom