Samsung Odyssey 49" OLED G9 G95SC

Oh no! Let's hope they release the 57" by end of the month and get that :D

I'm actually really interested in the Asus version of this now as it have USB-C and a KVM but only 144hz which will be fine for me.
I think having a kvm would be a huge plus for me too.

I do wonder about that 57 inch though. Going to need a gpu that doesn't exist yet to make the most of it surely?

Well that sucks. My £1199 order was cancelled too. I wonder if they would have gone through at that price if people hadn't taken the **** with the codes.

They let it work for too long, so news spread like wildfire, that's how these things go.

If it had stayed quiet some of us may have got some amazing deals :)

As soon as I saw it on the deals site that was bad news ;)

Oh no! Let's hope they release the 57" by end of the month and get that :D

I'm actually really interested in the Asus version of this now as it have USB-C and a KVM but only 144hz which will be fine for me.

I would have felt the same but actually experiencing 240hz on the G9 is quite something, feel like it's not a limitation to performance to have a screen that big when it's so responsive.

I think having a kvm would be a huge plus for me too.

I do wonder about that 57 inch though. Going to need a gpu that doesn't exist yet to make the most of it surely?

I hope that HDMI 2.1 has enough bandwidth to handle it at a lower response time maybe?

It seems silly to release something like this if current hardware can’t at least run it at less Hz.

now that our orders are cancelled maybe you can help me with the RIGHT monitor for my needs. I am looking to replace my 3 monitor setup (1 laptop + 2 screens) with a 49 ultra wide for pc WORK only.
I dont ever game what monitor should i buy?
i am not sure about the 1440 hight, its what i have now so guess it will be no different.

maybe the cancelled order was a blessing as i would have wasted a lot of the specs

now that our orders are cancelled maybe you can help me with the RIGHT monitor for my needs. I am looking to replace my 3 monitor setup (1 laptop + 2 screens) with a 49 ultra wide for pc WORK only.
I dont ever game what monitor should i buy?
i am not sure about the 1440 hight, its what i have now so guess it will be no different.

maybe the cancelled order was a blessing as i would have wasted a lot of the specs
I've had the 49" 5120x1440 CRG90 for a while now, must be a couple years?

Wouldn't go back to multiple monitors, ever.

1) It's bloody ace for gaming

2) It's bloody ace for productivity. Having one main IDE window in the middle, and extra stuff on either side (Team, Todo, SkyGo, etc).

Only real downside is screensharing can be a bit of a PITA, you really need to share a window, sharing the full screen with people can be a bit useless.

Ugg, after 1 hour:

873995_20230706_071449.jpg

873996_20230706_071517.jpg

Ok so opening up the on-screen display/menu got the lines to go away. Maybe some sort of firmware bug. Already submitted return request and will follow through as, going from 27" 4K to 1440p is just too much clarity loss. Otherwise it's a fantastic monitor and 240 Hz OLED motion clarity is the future for gaming.

Ok so opening up the on-screen display/menu got the lines to go away. Maybe some sort of firmware bug. Already submitted return request and will follow through as, going from 27" 4K to 1440p is just too much clarity loss. Otherwise it's a fantastic monitor and 240 Hz OLED motion clarity is the future for gaming.
gotta wait another year for 4K 240hz support or so go the rumours. Same monitors will double as a 1080p 480hz screen.. good times ahead.

I still haven't had an order cancelled email yet. I'm hoping it's going to be delivered. I paid £1399 after codes.
If it's £1399 then you have only used 1 code. The original offer was just 1 code, when people stacked them they got cancelled. Anyone who used 1 of the promo codes (49OLED or OLED200) plus a 10% off referral code will be fine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom