Samsung Odyssey 49" OLED G9 G95SC

I was asked about why I sent back my brand new AW3423DWF and bought the G9. One reason was I didn't like the standard resolution 3440x1440. For instance RDR2 looked a bit meh at that res, so using dldsr I could go 5120x1440 that made the game look amazing. As good as 4K in my opinion. But some games that can't use dldsr uncharted for instance can't go go full screen can't and look pap. Question is can you use dldsr on G9 still? And is 5120x1440 the perfect res at 1440p. Exciting times.

That and it seemed tiny compared to my old 38 inch LG 144Hz and 55" LG CX .

Last edited:
If anyone's interested, saw this pic of the sub-pixel layout on Reddit. Lookin good!

image.png[img]

I've no idea. But fair do's that res will do for me. Na I'm not cancelling the order in case they don't honour the heavily discounted ones plus as said code stacking fixed now. I'm still happy with a couple hundred off.
I'm not expecting the 899 one to be honoured tbh, just hoping the 1199 one is!

Also if you send one back due to 'unwanted' does anyone know if they pick it up or is it your responsibility to send it?

Thanks

I'm not expecting the 899 one to be honoured tbh, just hoping the 1199 one is!

Also if you send one back due to 'unwanted' does anyone know if they pick it up or is it your responsibility to send it?

Thanks
They book the collection with dpd free of charge with a time that suits you.

I've got mine getting collected tomorrow at 9am I expect one of my cheaper orders to be fulfilled. Got myself a 1080p 165hz monitor for £100 to keep me covered for 10 days.

If the orders get cancelled I'll keep an eye out for anyone who didn't return and wants to get rid on ebay etc hopefully.

Last edited:
I'm seeing one of my orders suggesting a delivery on the 7th, no random dates or changes. I'll see what happens with that order, as it was made 24 hours after my other one which still states the 17th as delivery due date.

Got my tablet the other day which may have pushed forward the monitor delivery on this particular order? No idea.

I don't know why their site is so broken though for this process.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom