Samsung Odyssey 49" OLED G9 G95SC

Question for those that know more about Windows HDR. I've enabled Windows HDR and in games it looks amazing, really adds a ton of colour but in general windows use i find the colour a little washed out, if I turn off Windows HDR it looks a lot more vivid but obviously then I lose game HDR.

Am I missing something here?

Sorry for being thick but how do i set my HDMI port to PC mode? its plugged into HDMI and lists it as PC is that it?

Apart from that I've had a few little issues. Kept getting a black screen for a second using the display port cable. I think it was something to do with HDR mode toggling. I've switched to HDMI now. Then as I toggled out of HDR mode I noticed left side of screen lighter colour of grey to the right. It only lasted a few seconds then righted itself. Apart from that it's lovely indeed. Looking forward to Sunday when I get more time to use it. Got to go back to work to pay for it lol.

Last edited:
Question for those that know more about Windows HDR. I've enabled Windows HDR and in games it looks amazing, really adds a ton of colour but in general windows use i find the colour a little washed out, if I turn off Windows HDR it looks a lot more vivid but obviously then I lose game HDR.

Am I missing something here?

Need to calibrate, and activate an ICC profile.

I did the calabration and icc thing you kindly sent me and I have to say it's just stunning. Had a bit play of star wars squadrons tonight and it's sooo good. Just an amazing experience and I haven't even begun yet.

Glad the monitor is delivering for you, it can feel underwhelming without the calibration in place, when I was using it without, I definitely had to question what I'd paid for. Once calibration was in place though I could tell the colour balance was infinitely ahead of what I thought was good :cry: and the ICC profile takes it up another level as well of course.

Now I just have to hope I don't run into any burn in issues etc as I'm using this as a monitor for everything :)

Last edited:
Having used an LG CX for the last 3 years as my monitor I'm not too worried. It has zero burn in. I always use a plain black wallpaper auto hide taskbar and icons, windows dark mode. It could still happen of course but fingers crossed the G9 is as good as the CX.

Glad the monitor is delivering for you, it can feel underwhelming without the calibration in place, when I was using it without, I definitely had to question what I'd paid for. Once calibration was in place though I could tell the colour balance was infinitely ahead of what I thought was good :cry: and the ICC profile takes it up another level as well of course.

Now I just have to hope I don't run into any burn in issues etc as I'm using this as a monitor for everything :)
Where would I find this calibration profile? Can’t seem to find any online!

Having used an LG CX for the last 3 years as my monitor I'm not too worried. It has zero burn in. I always use a plain black wallpaper auto hide taskbar and icons, windows dark mode. It could still happen of course but fingers crossed the G9 is as good as the CX.
That's pretty much what I'm doing and hiding desktop icons when I don't need them. So hopefully it's not an issue then.

How you all finding the monitor? I've gone an ordered another one as can't wait for the 57" and will just have to deal with lack of KVM for now...

Can't go back to any other display I have in my possession now, I can see the whole screen from my seating distance to the monitor. I move my eyes more than my neck unless I'm focusing on a particular side of the screen and have had no neck pain etc regardless. If anything it's probably better for my eye muscles actually changing the focal point all the time on the screen.

Text is easy to read (if you ever run into scaling issues) there's a fix for that.

And once calibrated, looks good across every situation I've encountered so far.

The monitor is also so good with blacks I could tell the awful compression Amazon Prime uses (forcing me to watch Jack Ryan on PLEX) to get the highest bitrate possible :)

Last edited:
I need to calibrate mine as text is awful on windows and osx :( but the biggest problem for me is similar to what I had with the original G9 and how it struggles to display other resolutions.

Switching to 2560x1440 and putting the monitor into 16:9 mode causes the display to just loop in and out of showing a picture :/ can see the resolution on the overlay dropping to 700x something else randomly :/ gonna play some more with it but this may also end up going back - knew I should have just gone with two setups

*EDIT* Well that didn't last long :D on it's way back on Monday... i'm just sticking with what i've got.

Last edited:
Might have been a dud? I've had no issues running different resolutions.
but understandable if it's causing lots of headaches!

Definitely not a perfect monitor for every usecase.

Ive just found out using latest Nvidia driver 536.67 it has the black screen problem when gaming at 240hz. Was fine on my previous driver so may have to go back. I belive its something to do with adaptive sync? disabling in menu and in nvidia cp is supposed to fix it. I dont really want to do that because i dont want screen tear. Using a 4090.

Had no problems yesterday and played RDR2 it tends to happen with. Bit of a strange one this. I'll test a bit further today. Maybes it was a one off? Although it happened when I was using display port the first time I changed to HDMI and was fine. Then installed latest drivers as it occurred. But nothing yesterday.

Had no problems yesterday and played RDR2 it tends to happen with. Bit of a strange one this. I'll test a bit further today. Maybes it was a one off? Although it happened when I was using display port the first time I changed to HDMI and was fine. Then installed latest drivers as it occurred. But nothing yesterday.

I had it with gsync on and vrr on, especially when switching to security settings etc on windows 11 it'd literally do it every other second at some points. But with it off no issue at all.

So It's one of those situations where you turn it on or off based on your specific usage I guess, for gaming it was never an issue, just with some desktop tasks only I'll get the black screen pop in and out at random.

Probably needs a firmware update to address this, once they know lots of people are suffering from this issue.

Back
Top Bottom