Samsung Odyssey 49" OLED G9 G95SC

I had it with gsync on and vrr on, especially when switching to security settings etc on windows 11 it'd literally do it every other second at some points. But with it off no issue at all.

So It's one of those situations where you turn it on or off based on your specific usage I guess, for gaming it was never an issue, just with some desktop tasks only I'll get the black screen pop in and out at random.

Probably needs a firmware update to address this, once they know lots of people are suffering from this issue.
Is this what you’re referring to? Happens for .5 of a second on 536.40. On 536.67 it’ll happen and I’ll get blank screen for a second or two. Pretty frustrating and I think it may be related to NVIDIA driver as only seems to happen on loading screens for games or when coming back into the game from gamebar.

Edit: using DP 1.4, 240hz, g sync enabled. Doesn’t happen with fixed refresh.

Last edited:
I’ve got the screen with me now for review soon at TFTCentral.

I have to say, first impressions are that it’s a very poorly thought out use experience. So many strange things with design, UI, menus etc. I’ll elaborate more in the review on it all.

One question to owners , how in earth do you even set 5120 x 1440 at 240Hz?!?!

I’ve got the screen with me now for review soon at TFTCentral.

I have to say, first impressions are that it’s a very poorly thought out use experience. So many strange things with design, UI, menus etc. I’ll elaborate more in the review on it all.

One question to owners , how in earth do you even set 5120 x 1440 at 240Hz?!?!
I’m NVIDIA control panel under change resolution.

If you have access to Jedi survivor, could you test to see if you get the artifacts on the above screenshot I’ve posted when booting the game with VRR on? Thanks

Last edited:
I’m NVIDIA control panel under change resolution.

If you have access to Jedi survivor, could you test to see if you get the artifacts on the above screenshot I’ve posted when booting the game with VRR on? Thanks
Not there by default for me in NVIDIA control panel. Max of 120Hz, that’s trying two different DP cables and an HDMI 2.1 cable too. Very odd

Not there by default for me in NVIDIA control panel. Max of 120Hz, that’s trying two different DP cables and an HDMI 2.1 cable too. Very odd
Try the mini-HDMI cable too? Trouble is it's *really* short!!

Awesome screen but mine went back, kept the PG48UQ for now can't complain a damn awesome screen and damn good at 138Hz nigh-on as smooth :)

Last edited:
Try the mini-HDMI cable too? Trouble is it's *really* short!!

Awesome screen but mine went back, kept the PG48UQ for now can't complain a damn awesome screen and damn good at 138Hz nigh-on as smooth :)
Yeah the mini HDMI cable is stupid. My pc is right next to the screen but sideways and it’s not long enough to reach. Another poorly thought out element to this screen!

Try in the display settings under "Advanced Display Settings".

On another note, I noticed that text is much better when I use Multi-view mode compared to just selecting the full display. It's a bit smoother and closer to the look of my IPS screens. In full mode, text can look a bit oversharpened. Anyone else noticed that?

A full NVIDIA driver reset and update seems to have made this available. never needed to do that with any other high end spec screen before ever i don't think....anyway, testing now under way :)
Fantastic news. Glad it’s sorted.

As part of your testing, could you see if you could recreate this issue with SW: Jedi Survivor?
Is this what you’re referring to? Happens for .5 of a second on 536.40. On 536.67 it’ll happen and I’ll get blank screen for a second or two. Pretty frustrating and I think it may be related to NVIDIA driver as only seems to happen on loading screens for games or when coming back into the game from gamebar.

Edit: using DP 1.4, 240hz, g sync enabled. Doesn’t happen with fixed refresh.

Back
Top Bottom