Samsung Odyssey 49" OLED G9 G95SC

Soldato
I believe my problems may have been caused by the monitor over heating. As i said i had the pc on and monitor on all day, even though the monitor was switched off in standby the heat that was coming off it was really noticable. After i pulled the power cable from rear of monitor for an hour or so and went back on i have had no more black screens. I also reinstalled gpu drivers. I may try downloading the older firmware and see if i can install it. So all in all not a great experience for such an expensive monitor.

Associate
If anyone's having issues with black screens, I highly suggest you factory reset the monitor. I know it might sound like a waste of time. But twice now after firmware updates I've had itermitant black screens and doing a factory reset each time has fixed the issue.

Associate
Technical question: I noticed that if I set the screen with high peak brightness, the shades test (test disc) becomes a real disaster.With medium HDR peak (500 nits) and HDR peak off (400 nits) no problem.
This forces me not to use high peak (even with the service modification Max lux 138 nothing changes)
Who knows what the hell Samsung is up to internally with high peak.In HDR 400 many games have serious support problems (Re4 remake, Forza Horizon etc etc) And it's a real ordeal.
With the LG C2 I didn't have all these problems in hgig.

Back
Top Bottom