Samsung Odyssey 49" OLED G9 G95SC

Associate
It's not the monitors it's the idle power draw of the Graphics card.

Download CPUID or similar and you will see this.
Yep, I have been checking that but my power draw and temp are well below the limit required for the fan-stop to turn off which Zotac stated:

"We checked on the specifics for the fan stop
GPU temperature >= 55C OR GPU loading >= 120W, than fan ON
GPU temperature < 55C AND GPU loading < 120W, than fan OFF"

And I am well below those numbers on both.

Currently idling at 120hz = 39 deg and 24W, fan is off.. if I change to 240Hz those dont change drastically and are still below limit, but the fan will not return to stop after load until I change the Hz. Same issue happened with this card on 2 monitors now but not on my old 3440x1440.
Its not an issue specific to the G9, but I am looking for 4090 suggestions where this is not an issue with this monitor. cheers

Associate
Yep, I have been checking that but my power draw and temp are well below the limit required for the fan-stop to turn off which Zotac stated:

"We checked on the specifics for the fan stop
GPU temperature >= 55C OR GPU loading >= 120W, than fan ON
GPU temperature < 55C AND GPU loading < 120W, than fan OFF"

And I am well below those numbers on both.

Currently idling at 120hz = 39 deg and 24W, fan is off.. if I change to 240Hz those dont change drastically and are still below limit, but the fan will not return to stop after load until I change the Hz. Same issue happened with this card on 2 monitors now but not on my old 3440x1440.
Its not an issue specific to the G9, but I am looking for 4090 suggestions where this is not an issue with this monitor. cheers

Back
Top Bottom