Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 (G95NC) 57" Uber-Wide

are you in a very small room? because mine does not produce any heat at all, then again I have it in eco mode with brightness at 10 also have back light control on or dimming zone control. Mine is barely warm to touch.
Will need to look at settings as mine might be set a bit higher than yours,

I wrote my verdicts just a few posts up from this one, my views has not changed much thb honest so not worth typing everything up again. But to summarise, love mine, wish it was Oled and tiny bit bigger but still amazing monitor. I love playing horizon zero dawn in widescreen and having three programs open at once side by side. Text is razor sharp and joy to read. If Samsung make this Oled they have a end game monitor on their hand that would sell very well, specially if they make it a tiny bit larger.
Unless Samsung abandons that horrible 32:9 ratio it'll never be the high end monitor to get and sell great. It's just too limited vertically.

Last edited:
Hi has anyone had issues with the core sync where it will mimic your screen? I cannot for the life of me get it to work? ALWAYS greyed out?

Hi has anyone had issues with the core sync where it will mimic your screen? I cannot for the life of me get it to work? ALWAYS greyed out?

I am not sure 100% what option you are talking about as I cant find anything that says core sync. But if you want to get the lighting to work you need to turn on the option that says 'infinity core lighting'

I am not sure 100% what option you are talking about as I cant find anything that says core sync. But if you want to get the lighting to work you need to turn on the option that says 'infinity core lighting'
Hi sorry its the infinity core lighting, it works fine it's the coresync option below colour that's greyed out

Currently using HDMI, tried different cables still no joy :(
have you to update the software on your Samsung monitor?

what I would suggest however before rushing is to look into whether the update fixes or breaks thing. I know sounds silly but I have seen samsung updates mess up older g9 49" odessy and given its Samsung I bet our g9 are not exempt. My advice is if everything on your monitor works perfect, like no dead pixels, no banding, no text distortions, no weird sounds and all ports work then just keep it rather than playing the lottery by constantly replacing it you could end up with something with more annoying problem, like dead pixels apparently that they accept quite a few before replacing your panel.

right now mine has some weird issue with being woken up from sleep, most times it works perfect but once a week or two it does not turn on when computer is on and I have to unplug it to make it work. I am tolerate it atm but if it get worse like everyday I will ask samsung for a repair if I can't fix it not that I have been trying to. If its outside 30 days from purchase they apparently do onsite repair or try to.

Last edited:

what I would suggest however before rushing is to look into whether the update fixes or breaks thing. I know sounds silly but I have seen samsung updates mess up older g9 49" odessy and given its Samsung I bet our g9 are not exempt. My advice is if everything on your monitor works perfect, like no dead pixels, no banding, no text distortions, no weird sounds and all ports work then just keep it rather than playing the lottery by constantly replacing it you could end up with something with more annoying problem, like dead pixels apparently that they accept quite a few before replacing your panel.

right now mine has some weird issue with being woken up from sleep, most times it works perfect but once a week or two it does not turn on when computer is on and I have to unplug it to make it work. I am tolerate it atm but if it get worse like everyday I will ask samsung for a repair if I can't fix it not that I have been trying to. If its outside 30 days from purchase they apparently do onsite repair or try to.
I already have the latest update on the monitor,

Thats the same sleep issue youtubers are complaining about in regards to this model

Thats the same sleep issue youtubers are complaining about in regards to this model
yeah its quite common issue apparently but it happens very rarely with me so not bothered about it. Its a quick fix apparently, Samsung sends someone out to repair it on site.

Last edited:

Software? As in latest firmware as the only other option would the drivers I assume?

Software? As in latest firmware as the only other option would the drivers I assume?

yeah I mean firmware for the monitor also I would update your graphics driver to latest ones. But if you have no luck, remove adrenaline software from AMD if you have it installed and see if that helps, that's if your GPU is from AMD.

yeah I mean firmware for the monitor also I would update your graphics driver to latest ones. But if you have no luck, remove adrenaline software from AMD if you have it installed and see if that helps, that's if your GPU is from AMD.
Cheers I wonder if the AMD cpu software is the issue as its a 4090, Rig needs a full reinstall so might just try that lol

Yeah does not hurt to try tbh, if it does not work then do a fresh reinstall and hopefully that might help, also reset the monitor to original presets with nothing changed and see if that helps. Might want to try and turn off HDR in windows see if that makes a difference also.

Just to mention, If you have no luck and are outside your 30 days return period then contact Samsung and talk to technical about repairing your monitor. I believe its a quite a easy fix they do onsite at your home by replacing a small board.

I know its frustrating specially for such an expensive monitor.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom