Samsung Visits Overclockers UK!

That is right, the monitor sorts it all out, so you just put a Blu-Ray disc in your PS3 plug it into the monitor, pop on the glasses and wow! :D

It is really fantastic, and I am not just saying this as a sales pitch, I am sure if any customers here have one will tell you also how awesome they are. :)

Oooh, time to start saving! They look really cool, and I do like the cool stand design, I have one the the Acer 24" LED monitors with the fancy design stand and its really nice having something a little different. Could be a pain if you want to wall mount or something though..

They do work with ATI graphics cards absolutely fine. :)

Dude you just made my day,
Was a big toss up to get Nvidia or Ati and its safe to see thanks to Samsung it will be Ati,

Was hoping to get a 6990 but cost is all over the place so might get 2 6950's or 6970's fingers cross i still get my way and get the daddy 6990 lol.

These screens will just finish it off to a T,
Not fussed on more than one for now used 2 in work and never got use to it really,
Plus coming from a 18 inch a 23 will look sweet.

Am I the only one wondering how on earth this actually works? You're feeding the monitor one 2D image, even in games, and it's producing a 3D output, right? How can it do that when you really need two 2D images to create a 3D effect? Maybe I'm missing something, but if someone could enlighten me I'd be grateful.

Am I the only one wondering how on earth this actually works? You're feeding the monitor one 2D image, even in games, and it's producing a 3D output, right? How can it do that when you really need two 2D images to create a 3D effect? Maybe I'm missing something, but if someone could enlighten me I'd be grateful.

it basically doubles up images then the glasses flicker at 60FPS then your brain creates the illusion of the 3d effect.

it basically doubles up images then the glasses flicker at 60FPS then your brain creates the illusion of the 3d effect.

This is how the 3d effect is achieved once you have the two 2d images. I am still skeptical as if you are only feeding the monitor one 2d image, can it really effectively turn it into two different images in real time? I think I will wait till people on the forums start getting them and can feedback how well they actually work. I don't mean to disrespect OcUK but I don't know if I can take their word for it considering they are selling them. :p

Yes, exactly. I know how conventional 3D monitors work, but until I understand this I remain sceptical. Certainly looks like 2 non-identical images on the screens, but how? There is no information about depth in a single 2D image.

Yes, exactly. I know how conventional 3D monitors work, but until I understand this I remain sceptical. Certainly looks like 2 non-identical images on the screens, but how? There is no information about depth in a single 2D image.

This monitor is a conventional 3D monitor but can also do the 2D to 3D on top of that, I certainly wouldn't be buying it if it couldn't do conventional 3D. From the little I understand about the 2D to 3D it takes cues from things like shadows and brightness gradients to figure out where things should be depth wise. I'm amazed it works at all and even more so that it can do it in real time.

In this day and age their is no reason for a gaming monitor to not have adjustable stands.

Actually, there is. The design and slender profile of these monitors require the 'static' stands as the base itself houses all of the electronics. Samsung did manage to give their CA750 and CA550 'Central Station' a greater level of flexibility but the upshot is that the stand and neck in particular were implemented in a way that simply wouldn't work on this design. Although adjustability is always desireable many consumers also go for aesthetic value which often trumps ergonomic flexibility on 'gaming monitors'.

Last edited:
Actually, there is. The design and slender profile of these monitors require the 'static' stands as the base itself houses all of the electronics. Samsung did manage to give their CA750 and CA550 'Central Station' a greater level of flexibility but the upshot is that the stand and neck in particular were implemented in a way that simply wouldn't work on this design. Although adjustability is always desireable many consumers also go for aesthetic value which often trumps ergonomic flexibility on 'gaming monitors'.

I disagree as people have different desk sizes and chair sizes etc. No reason for them to not have adjustable stands for gamers comfort.

Back
Top Bottom