Satisfactory Alpha release

• Thread starter Thread starter wnb
  • Start date Start date
Well since I’ve got it the time burns away, it’s like one look at clock is 6 next is 3am haha

Yeah tell me about it,

I'm currently building refinery which produces rubber, plastic and uses turbofuel to generate 20Gw of power. I spent about 8 hours just planning the manifolds, pipes and doing the maths for it..

I just realised if you are building a base foundation you can change the build mode which allows you to click and drag a row of them, much better, also key X you can change building colour schemes, looks so much nicer. May have been in there for a while but never realised :D

Had some money in my Steam wallet kicking around after some recent skin sales in PUBG and was looking at what I could get and so purchased this.

Wish that I hadn't.

Bye bye life! :D

Its sooooo unbelievably addictive....if only you could do Satisfactory for an actual job!

Had some money in my Steam wallet kicking around after some recent skin sales in PUBG and was looking at what I could get and so purchased this.

Wish that I hadn't.

Bye bye life! :D

Its sooooo unbelievably addictive....if only you could do Satisfactory for an actual job!

hahaha I know the feeling.

I cheat a little by running a server on an unraid docker to let things accumulate when I'm not playing.

Makes the short bursts I seem to get a bit more ... productive.

Well, as predictable for my first playthrough, my factory is an absolute abomination! :) Not really used youtube for guides so ive very much been figuring it all out as i go. Ive unlocked all of tier 3 and 4 but need to get production going for the next bits.

Got coal power going which was the main thing so i dont have to rely on biomass anymore, which means i can concentrate on completely rebuilding my factory/rethinking the whole thing...

I've hundreds of hours in this game and my factories always end up a mess. I actually enjoy restarting from scratch and building in a different location, found a few spots which are a pain to get up and running but when you do they offer tons of resources for late game.

It's a superb game, definitely one of my favourites of the past 10 years.

Its the perfect chill out game.

If I have one criticism its that the wildlife is incredibly annoying and kinda goes against the ethos of the game (chilled out no pressure puzzle sort of game). They aren't a challenge to kill, so encounters just end up as repetitive exercises.

Word is that next update there is the option to turn the wildlife to friendly.

Last edited:
Its the perfect chill out game.

If I have one criticism its that the wildlife is incredibly annoying and kinda goes against the ethos of the game (chilled out no pressure puzzle sort of game). They aren't a challenge to kill, so encounters just end up as repetitive exercises.

Word is that next update there is the option to turn the wildlife to friendly.
just grab the mod manager and get passive mode :) does exactly that. Ive been looking at a few mods lately. there are some amazing QoL mods out there without cheating :)

I've got everything in Tier 5 unlocked now and am working towards tier 6, then the space elevator requirements for tiers 7 & 8.

I've spent a little while making a nice looking concrete factory, simple stuff I know, but its looks great now! I'm slowing upping the level or polish on my builds, but my main factory is an absolute bomb site of chaos. I'm keeping it though, until I find time to go through replacing all parts of it with nice new clean tidy facilities elsewhere. Until then though, I need it to keep churning in its ugly inefficient ways!

Started making a really nicely organised coal power station last night, with nice belt feeds and tidy underfloor pipework. More effort to go making it look nice, but little by little I am getting there!

To get me through the various unlock stages I have built some very simple constructor / manufacture plants with storage boxes feeding them and a single box receiving produced items. So I just move a whole bunch of resources to them as and when I need them to make a certain quantity of items. In time, I'll look to make separate factories to make everything in bulk. It works for the moment, but as quantity requirements go up and complexity increases, I'll need to change my approach.

This game just consumes so much time though. I spent hours just making my "Concretery" look nice, same with my coal plants last night. Its an absolute time sink - can understand why in previous posts in this thread users have uninstalled it for the sake of their marriages!

• Haha
Reactions: SPG
I can’t stop playing , sooooooo addictive!

Will be renting a server for me and few others , will be open to people from here if they want somthing to do, will be starting from scratch so will be however everyone decides to build :)

Last edited:
The main thing it needs is some form tower defence options.

After 100+ hours it just becomes an OCD simulation, great game though.
It's never going to happen, the devs have stated on numerous occasions that they have no interest or intention of adding tower defence elements, it's not the game they are building.
I can’t stop playing , sooooooo addictive!

Will be renting a server for me and few others , will be open to people from here if they want somthing to do, will be starting from scratch so will be however everyone decides to build :)
I'd be happy to jump on a dedicated server to throw some effort in for others :)

Back
Top Bottom