Satisfactory Alpha release

• Thread starter Thread starter wnb
  • Start date Start date
There is currently a bug with coal generators.
If you access the coal generator interface, they all suddenly stop receiving coal via belts - was wondering where all my power suddenly vanished to!

Temporary fix is to save your game and reload - as long as you do not access the coal generator interface after reloading, they work fine.

Hopefully a patch is incoming (although once you have them setup - can't think why you would want to enter the interface again!).

Just hand craft with the spacebar, Start game, build hub, hand mine for some portable miners, build that workshop thing that makes them, get 12, stick 4 on iron, 4 on copper, 4 on limestone.

Hand craft with spacebar and tab out all the way, you only need to make one machine, an assembler for 50 smart plates, collect leaves and craft 200 biofuel to power it, it's ghetto and lazy, build mam too and research stuff, turn sound off too, so you can watch something when tabbed out, a couple hours later, tabbing in and out and handcrafting you are at coal, easy

It wasn't really a question of how just more that you don't get distracted in the middle of one job by something else, then in the middle of that start something else then go for an explore to 4 hours later come back to your base and realise you never completed the first thing on your to do list :D

I hit 16 hours on my save already today (oops) and only at the end of that sent the first space elevator parts :D On a positive side, the horrible jank has gone and replace with a nice clean factory floor. It's still a floating floor as need more AWESOME tickets to buy more cosmetic items before I properly build something.

53988590970_be38818937_o.jpg
53988164101_2571fde2ee_o.jpg

I am loving all the new ADA voice lines in this update. She's got some proper snark going on and reminds me a lot of Glados.

I unlocked all the new tier stuff in a couple of hours from my old save and have started the research of all the new Alien tech which looks quite cool. Before this release, the only bit of the game I hadn't bothered completing was the final tier stuff, but thats a bit of a brain ache tbh.

Hand craft with spacebar and tab out all the way, you only need to make one machine, an assembler for 50 smart plates, collect leaves and craft 200 biofuel to power it, it's ghetto and lazy, build mam too and research stuff, turn sound off too, so you can watch something when tabbed out, a couple hours later, tabbing in and out and handcrafting you are at coal, easy

I dunno, man, where's the fun?

I'm enjoying taking it slowly, building up my factory. No need to rush it. Satisfactory is an enjoy the ride kind of game for me.

I'm enjoying taking it slowly, building up my factory. No need to rush it. Satisfactory is an enjoy the ride kind of game for me.

My zoomer nephew does this. Will watch YouTube videos like "How to get the best start in game xyz" and "things I wish I knew when I started" I said why not figure this stuff out for yourself and he said I can't be bothered. Can't even see the point of playing to be honest.

My zoomer nephew does this. Will watch YouTube videos like "How to get the best start in game xyz" and "things I wish I knew when I started" I said why not figure this stuff out for yourself and he said I can't be bothered. Can't even see the point of playing to be honest.
I always remember being absolutely mystified by a few people I knew who would buy a game and the guide at the same time, never could see the point whatsoever.

Oh another quick hint for anybody new to the game, pressing N will bring up a quick search option, it can be used as a calculator for quick stuff, ie; typing in 100/10 and such will give the answer.

Not my first time playing, this is the 6th proper go, just zerging the boring stuff cos I've done it multiple times, I relax once I hit coal power, I'm giving up anyway as I've at work tomorrow :)

Going to play the **** out of this next three days.
I like this thread but at the same time I know at some point someone's going to post some optimisation thing that I'll see and not be able to forget I saw it which will ruin something.

Release night I was totally hampered with the AMD gpu driver update issue (older VEGA 64 card, and took me far to long to spot I just had to change to -DX11 to fix it!.

Managed a good session last night though, and now have an automated biomass power setup, with separate power supply to keep it running in case of overload on main system. And starting on supply lines for all the basics.

Built a huge ramp up to one of the peaks to check a hard drive spot (pure bauxite node one in Rocky Desert) and managed to collect a lot of high level stuff by boxing the too high level mobs off with foundations. Unfortunately didn’t have the right stuff to open the drop pod!

I know I don’t have the benefit of loads of early access training, but not sure how some people are flinging together structures / starter factories so quickly, as I find the placement of things quite fiddly currently as everything seems too zoomed in, ie buildings are larger than FOV. Assume gets much easier when we can hover!

Never tried a game like this but been kinda reading this thread and it's peaked my interest as something very different for me to try.
Is there any goals to this or is it like crusader kings 3 where you make your own story to it. Am I just building a massive factory?
What's the appeal to this game?

Never tried a game like this but been kinda reading this thread and it's peaked my interest as something very different for me to try.
Is there any goals to this or is it like crusader kings 3 where you make your own story to it. Am I just building a massive factory?

Making a huge automated factory for the fun of it. A bit a transport sim when the doing is the fun, with no real end goals.

In this things are gated behind needing to produce X amount of things, so you have to incrementally get bigger and better.

Not my first time playing, this is the 6th proper go, just zerging the boring stuff cos I've done it multiple times, I relax once I hit coal power, I'm giving up anyway as I've at work tomorrow :)

Fair dinkum. Out of idle curiosity, I assume that no matter how you speed-run reaching coal it still tells you that you have performed slower than average?

I sometimes watch YouTube or visit Wikis for games, but usually only after I've explored the game a fair amount for myself. I like the discovery phase. Still, games are only there for to have fun, if they're having fun then they're doing it right regardless of whether that's how you or I would prefer to play.

Originally yes but now 1.0 there is an end goal where you build factory's to build parts to send in to space and a story is added in now aswell

Back
Top Bottom