Scottish Elections Result

Permabanned
OP
Very big. Very very big. But no surprise. The SNP aren't as stupid as Labour, they put their leader in very safe seats. ;) 64.5% of the vote, another biggun! +22% change to SNP.

I grew up in Aberdeenshire so it's interesting for me.

You know he's born and bred, 24 years he's represented them in various guises!! :p

My old man was from Stonehaven, so it's pretty interesting to me too ;)

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
"resources are for the people, people are not for the resources"

Wonder how that will go down, and attacking the crown estate already :o :D

hahaha

Permabanned
OP
But he's not born and bred is he? Linlithgow isn't Aberdeen. Also, didn't he have a seat in Glasgow at some point? Govan I believe but not entirely sure.

No, but next best thing they've adopted him. But quite. ;)

No not Salmond afaik, it's always been the N/E represenation by in large. Look at his majority!! He is practically unassailable.

Mcletchie is done! :/

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
I thought the Conservatives had shored themself up better than this, I am quite suprised by Mcletchie he was the only other well known conservative face tbh with you.

Permabanned
OP
You're forgetting that Conservatives put their well known candidates first on the regional list, Labour don't. He's still got a chance.

I still don't understand the explanation that podgy Labour woman gave an hour ago or so for Labour not doing that themself.

Did you catch it?

Permabanned
OP
Edinburgh West. In the bag! This is a near SNP national takeover.

This really has changed the political map of Scotland significantly.

All because of a sandwich eh... what a difference a day makes indeed. ;)

Permabanned
OP
It will be interesting to see the quality of the Labour candidates joining the Scottish parliament and if they can bring anything new. It's going to be a shock for a few having to go in and take up positions when they weren't actually expecting too, certainly not so quick. Dropped in at the deep end against the calibre of the SNP... it wouldn't seem to bode well at all for Labour reform.

Edit : Scottish National Front? :rolleyes: **** off, that's what I think of my democracy ;)

SNP Linlithgow by Fiona Hislop! Hehe I feel like a kid in a sweetie shop this morning :D

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
It depends how much they'll follow Iain Grays lead. If they can go in and stir things up a wee bit then it cold be quite entertaining and actually get some decent debate going.
However, if they bow down to Iain Gray and just remain the same Labour party as they've been in recent years then the SNP will walk all over them.
Alex Salmond is one of the best politicians in this country. I have no qualms in saying that.
Of course, the way it is going, it doesn't really matter. The SNP are going to have a decent majority so the opposition aren't really going to have a chance to do much eh?

SNP would have to murder people in the streets for Labour to overturn these majorites in some places.

I'd go as far to say that not only will we have 9 years of SNP rule, but if Labour stay as innefective as they are we could possibly have 14 years, maybe even more if all goes well. For my ideal situation, it isn't looking too unlikely now.

SNP gain in Linlithgow. Time to add that to my Ctrl+V I think.

:p

Permabanned
OP
Lord Foulkes saying that it's been a terrible night. Blaming the media for attacking Iain Gray and he's been victimised but he's "stood up to it with dignity and great courage". Blaming right wing businessmen for messing up Labours chance. Suggesting people who give the SNP big donations (David Murray & the head of Stagecoach) will benefit greatly for doing so.

Foulkes is a convicted thug who assaults people when he's had one too many, drunk old git.

His opinions match what comes out his rear end every morning;

"Lord Foulkes: “The SNP are on a very dangerous tack. What they are doing is trying to build up a situation in Scotland where the services are manifestly better than south of the border in a number of areas.”

Interviewer Colin Mackay:”Is that a bad thing?”

Lord Foulkes: “No, but they are doing it deliberately.”

Iain Gray just now - "SNP ran a campaign of personality, a very harsh campaign against Labour". Christ, someone shoot the bloody idiot now. You couldn't make it up, unless your surname happens to be Gray. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Yeah I know i'm just stunned, it's a shame I'll be at work when the lists are coming out.

I'll be taking a radio in with me :D

Take it easy dude

Back
Top Bottom